SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
Haha! I honestly don't pay much attention to that stuff, but I suspect Cermit will probably stick, as it ties to the old one so well. By the time we are certain, this will be long gone, and I'll be playing with something else.

That "Cemit" is nice, but I admit that I'm much more of an admirer of the "Kermit" bezel. Yea, it shows wear quicker, but the color just does it for me. BTW: Should you ever decide to part with a "Polar" faced Explorer II, I'd hope you'd give a fellow SF member first shot at it! Wink

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Gents, thoughts on the 4R35 (Seiko) movement?

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15325 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Gents, thoughts on the 4R35 (Seiko) movement?

Not as good as it should be. It’s the upgraded 7S26…added hacking and handwinding. They have positional variance that can be bothersome to some regarding their precision. They are cheap to replace if you need to. Those sold to outside buyers are called the NH35/NH36.

Posts: 386 | Registered: November 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:... I'm much more of an admirer of the "Kermit" bezel. .

I'm a fan of every older five-digit model over the newer six-digit model number variants. I admit the newer models are technically superior, but I generally dislike them for a multitude of reasons. The newer models tend to "project" too loudly. This is probably the main problem. But also, the old hollow link bracelets were a lot more comfortable IMO than the new solid link versions. Some say they were chincey and sloppy. But I feel they are looking for a quality (precision and heft) in a place where it is a detriment.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my all time favorite...

Untitled by stoiclawyer, on Flickr

Posts: 3 | Registered: February 25, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Nice. Welcome aboard.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Beautiful Seamaster!

This is an interesting British collaboration I wasn’t expecting to work but it does. Geckota diver with a Christopher Ward #tide strap that is made out of ocean plastic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dumbguncollector comes in and tosses that up as his first post...
I like his style! Wink

Clearly a man of good taste (note: the Omega Seamaster), yet simple pleasures (note: the nylon military band).

Welcome to the Sig Forum.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8346 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Very nice dumbguncollector. I am a proponent of a diver on a NATO.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
There is a war in Eastern Europe, Gas prices are averaging over $3. But I am now #1267 in line for my Helm Komodo! October?

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
My helm komodo is #6349 wanna trade?

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The wicked flee when
no man pursueth
Picture of KevH
posted Hide Post
Not the usual Watch Thread post, but I've worn this DW-6600 nearly every day since 2006 (long before anyone thought the G-Shock was cool).

If it looks like it has been through a lot it is because it has.

I decided it was looking a little too rough and thought I'd freshen it up. I ordered a new Casio factory bezel and strap back in the early Fall and it finally showed up this week.

After 16 years of daily wear...

After freshening up the bezel and band...

I've only had to change the battery once since I bought it. It completely amazes me how tough these things are.

I kept the old bezel and strap to go with other keepsakes.

Proverbs 28:1

Posts: 4198 | Location: Contra Costa County, CA | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s pretty sweet. I tend to subscribe to the crowd that prefers well worn and beaten watches but that G-shock looks damn good with the new parts. It’s amazing the abuse those watches can absorb and keep on keeping on.

I sometimes wonder if my journey into automatic watch addiction has yielded me a better watch than the trusty G-shock I wore prior to the affliction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tooky13
posted Hide Post
That G-Shock looked like it'd been through a lot... it earned a new bezel!

Wow, one battery in 16 years, you sure it's not solar? Big Grin

We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.
Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1312 | Location: Scottsdale, Arizona | Registered: December 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I have the same SeaMaster as DumbGunCollector, and I like it a lot. Mine is more battered, and needs a service at the moment.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Likewise on the SMP, though mine is a midsized. The proportions are identical to the one above.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I own a lot of watches. This one is my favorite.

I love the gunmetal DLC finish, I have yet to come across any DLC that is as stunning as the finish on this Christopher Ward C60 Abyss.

I also love the quick release lugs that allow you to remove the bracelet with your fingernails. The micro adjust that is built into the clasp is also brilliant. I actually use the micro adjust quite a bit as my wrist size slightly changes throughout the days/weeks.

My Omega Seamaster Professional is the only watch that brought me as much joy as this watch every time I look at the dial. I ruined that watch, well my shiftless, dishonest authorized dealer ruined it. This watch is special.

Why is it special? I don’t find myself longing for other watches and certainly have cut down my browsing online for deals. I’ve even passed up on a few very tempting Doxa and Seiko divers I’ve been wanting for a long time.

It’s not the last watch I’ll buy but right now it’s my favorite in a rather large collection.

It is hands down my favorite brand too. They take care of their customers and have customer service that is on par with Zelos who IMO is the best in the biz.

I love this watch so much! Cool

betta fish tank mates 10 gallon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post

Japanese-market Seiko SBSA121 -- thank you, Legal Beagle!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh nice VThoky! DLC finish & kanji characters too. I’d don’t think even I would mod that one, it’s perfect as it is. Cool

The hands kind of remind me of the hands Seiko uses on the most excellent Seiko Stargate. Very cool watch man!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I own a lot of watches. This one is my favorite.

I love the gunmetal DLC finish, I have yet to come across any DLC that is as stunning as the finish on this Christopher Ward C60 Abyss.

I also love the quick release lugs that allow you to remove the bracelet with your fingernails. The micro adjust that is built into the clasp is also brilliant. I actually use the micro adjust quite a bit as my wrist size slightly changes throughout the days/weeks.

Why is it special? I don’t find myself longing for other watches and certainly have cut down my browsing online for deals. I’ve even passed up on a few very tempting Doxa and Seiko divers I’ve been wanting for a long time.

It is hands down my favorite brand too. They take care of their customers and have customer service that is on par with Zelos who IMO is the best in the biz.

I love this watch so much! Cool

betta fish tank mates 10 gallon

Stickman428: I've been looking for a new Rolex Explorer II Polar without success and after reading your post decided to check out the Christopher Ward site. Glad I did! Their C63 Sealander GMT will be available in just a few weeks and it appears to be a great alternative to my first choice.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post