SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
Panerai PAM615 flyback

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pac NW | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Man, all the IWC posted in here makes me want to bump one of those to my higher-end 'next watch' list.
That Big Pilot is nice, would love it with orange instead of green.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those watches are gorgeous Coldbore! You’ve got a proper collection! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Man, all the IWC posted in here makes me want to bump one of those to my higher-end 'next watch' list.
That Big Pilot is nice, would love it with orange instead of green.

You get a lot of watch for the money with IWC. Classic, legible and a decent amount of options.

Posts: 1124 | Location: Pac NW | Registered: September 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Those watches are gorgeous Coldbore! You’ve got a proper collection! Cool

Thank you. The breitling was the first of the bunch I got back in 2008. The rest have been acquired since 2019. Its been a bountiful few years.

Picture of Coldbore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
I just want to say curses to whoever posted pics of their IWC, Got me looking and now I want a Aquatimer Expedition Jacques-Yves Cousteau Special Edition.

So do I pass on getting an Oris Date Relief and hold out for it? Damn enablers Wink And if I do, it makes a GO Senator even farther away.

My vote is old off for the IWC. Get something that holds its value. The fact you even ask that question should clue you in on what you should do.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
This has me wondering whether I should save up for one nice watch. Couple of weeks ago I walked into a Denver area watch store with this in mind. I wanted to see a Ball in person. If I had the money right then and there I'd have walked out with an Oris. The Breitling/Omega I would love but, man that's a new roof on you house level money. I just don't think I could do it.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s like trying to justify owning a Porsche 911 GT3 or Shelby GT350. It depends on what you value and how much you love mechanical masterpieces. There are more affordable options that will come close but they just are not the same.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Even the Oris models I like are outside my realistic budget for now.
Vicarious living for me while I EDC my Monster.

Posts: 15150 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

Grail watch achieved.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

Grail watch achieved.

Very nice. And congratulations!

Coldbore’s photos had my head spinning.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: scot818,

Posts: 1440 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’ve wanted a Speedmaster for twenty years. Finally found myself in position where I had a ton of overtime and an unexpected bonus that let me pull the trigger without too much guilt. I LOVE IT. I’ll get some better pics once I get back home. Didn’t bring a camera on this trip, just my cell.

Only two minor gripes is the bracelet tapers a good bit and the clasp just looks small on my wrist (but who looks at the underside of my wrist? Weirdos) and the crown can be a bit hard to get a hold of when winding it after about 3/4 the way.

That movement though. That gorgeous movement…

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
A Speedy [Moonwatch] might be #1 on my want list
Very nice & congrats on yours.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That is a beautiful Speedmaster!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Im drooling!

Beautiful Speedmaster!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8320 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by copaup:

Grail watch achieved.

Congrats!!! Beautiful watch!!!! If you're not 100% satisfied with the OEM bracelet, check out The Strapsmith for some very nice custom straps!!!

https://www.thestrapsmith.com/shark/1724

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
This is a warning to everyone that follows this thread, STAY OFF OF ETSY, unreal the Modded Seiko watches that are on there. This thread temps me enough as is. Really amazing work on there.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
This is a warning to everyone that follows this thread, STAY OFF OF ETSY, unreal the Modded Seiko watches that are on there. This thread temps me enough as is. Really amazing work on there.

I'd be more apt to find what I want & pay stickman to assemble/mod for me.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks for vote of confidence P250UAS!! Smile If you ever want a modded Seiko and have a concept in mind shoot me an email. It’s nice to have one built exactly to your own taste. Cool

Modding isn’t the hard part, sourcing quality OEM parts from reputable suppliers is the challenging part.

I’ve seen the mods on ETSY, Wish, eBay and similar websites. I just assume they are using fake parts because I couldn’t build one for anywhere near their prices using OEM & high quality aftermarket components from reputable manufacturers.

There are some VERY unique and creative mods on those websites and yes, their pricing is tempting. I get that 100%. I think it was Wish that had a Tudor Black Bay fake/super clone that was actually put together way better than it should have been for such a low price.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yeah, for me it's finding the parts in a non-diver style case.
Love my Monster, but if I went that route, I'd want something different.

For what I'd have to spend for the tools, I'd rather pass that $$ along to a member with the skills/tools already in place.