SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Thought I'd try my hand at accessing the battery on my Movado, so I can order a replacement.
Tiniest flathead screws on the caseback. None of my IT tools are small enough to get into the slot. Smaller than the bracelet link screws on both my Monster & my dad's Sternglas.

Guess I'll have to swing it by a jeweler & have them do it. Or, jump in & order a tool kit.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I say get smaller screwdrivers and give it a go. Smile

On a totally different subject this is one of the few times you will see me post a non automatic watch that I adore.

The Kinetic PADI GMT diver. One of my favorite watches to wear when working out or hitting the local trails on my mountain bike.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That band looks awesome, but I suspect it would not play nice with my arm hair. Eek

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That band looks awesome, but I suspect it would not play nice with my arm hair. Eek

Only until it pulls it all out, then you're good Big Grin

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Generous fella that he is, stickman sent me one of those mesh bands. I thought -- like you guys -- it'd be hell on a hair-covered wrist.

I was wrong. It's mighty comfortable, and doesn't pull at all. (Unlike the authentic Speidel Twist-O-Flex on my grandfather's Bulova.) Eek

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ they do look incredible but I also thought they’d be painful as well.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I have pretty hairy arms and don’t have an issue with mesh pulling my hairs. In my opinion mesh is one of the most comfortable watch bracelet options out there. It looks pretty good too. In the summer time the majority of my daily watches have their bracelets swapped out for mesh since it handles heat and water brilliantly.

The only issue I’ve had is trying to find quality 24mm spring bars that will fit inside the mesh. On Seiko’s PADI Kinetic GMT the OEM fat spring bars don’t clear shark mesh links so I had to find a suitable (thinner) replacement.

Anyone here watch Random Rob’s YouTube channel? His review of the new and older Casio G-Shock frogman is pretty cool. I am loving his channel!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Got the SRPH29 and installed a brown leather NATO strap. It's definitely noticeably smaller than the watches I'm used to, and seems to be right on the edge of how small I could do and still have it look okay on my large wrist, but I dig it. (I do think the SNK would probably have been comically small.)

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I think it looks great man. The luxury/ trend setting watches have been trending towards larger and larger watches the past few years. There is truly something to be said for a minimalist, comfy field style watch that fits and feels so good you often forget you’re wearing a watch.

For your first auto I think you did VERY good! Enjoy it. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yes, the light weight and lower profile are noticeable, and appreciated. Thanks for the help in pointing me in the right direction.

Picture of shoevb
posted Hide Post
Wow,I love the Seiko PADI GMT. I had not seen that watch before. I have the solar PADI but that's one's my new watch obsession.

Posts: 1218 | Location: Hampton Roads | Registered: February 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Well my Helm Miyago is on the way, pics to follow.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Well my Helm Miyago is on the way, pics to follow.

And some bad news for those of us with one too many watches, just when I think my Helm collection is complete, I find out from them they are working on a field watch, I wish their watches weren't so good.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats Rogue, that's quite nice & I agree, the SNK might've been too small. It's petite even on my smaller wrist.

Fisch, the Miyako would be my #1 choice from Helm, will have to keep an eye out for their field option.
I've been eyeing maybe adding a Hamilton, but we just got off an expensive weekend, so any new watches are on hold for now.

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to pull the trigger on a Jazzmaster day/date now for awhile.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rogue, that is a good looking watch. I’ve got a couple higher end Seikos and Citizen diver style watches but sometimes I don’t like the “bigger” case for certain times. That looks like it would fit the bill nicely and isn’t cost prohibitive

Posts: 455 | Location: Marblehead ohio | Registered: January 05, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I built this one last year using one of a few a real SKX035 “Bumblebee” dials I scooped up. It is an SKX to Turtle conversion case from Crystal Times USA in the unique and rare blue finish.

I added many not so subtle modifications over the bumblebee SKX such as :
-as a flat and slightly recessed (relative the bezel insert) sapphire crystal with blue anti reflective coating.
-aluminum numbered chapter ring
-fully lumed, slightly sloped Seamaster style bezel w/ green lume pip and blue lume for the rest of the bezel
-oversized crown also finished in blue
-real yellow and blue Seiko NATO strap
-regulated NH36 with English/Kanji day wheel
-black OEM style aftermarket Seiko hands with lume that matches the dial both in color and brightness very closely. Aligned and installed by me! Cool

The glossy dial of the SKX035 along with a nice clear AR crystal is a fantastic combo. Most of the SKX line & it’s Prospex diver successors have dull/flat finishes on the dial or they have over the top sunburst dials so this one is a bit different.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, stick, that's a looker for sure.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My Seamaster got a heck of an upgrade. The adjustable clasp on the new Seamaster watches is a brilliant design. It’s slightly longer than the original non adjusting clasp. This is perfect as the original bracelet was getting a bit snug and now it fits perfectly with a little room to adjust for comfort on the fly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I wish my Speedmaster had that clasp. It's got the micro adjust, but it only gives me about half a link of leeway, and the Speedmaster links are basically half links already. I think its because of the rather aggressive taper of the bracelet. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they added it, but it looks like your Seamaster has a lot more adjustment range. I'm jealous.

Posts: 2593 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post