SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I'll be watching what you can do with a SNK.
Mine doesn't get much wear over the Monster, at the moment.
When I'm not wearing the Monster, I usually have my CZ Smart on the wrist.

A bumblebee I built (with real parts) & a SNK in a SKX case sans crown guard. I’ll have to take a more recent pic, the SNK/SKX has since been modded a bit more since that pic.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice, on both.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
At ~$11k, it doesn't hold much interest to me, either.
Big Grin

It's a rare Omega that sells for MSRP. But I wouldn't want it for 1/4th that. Somebody else surely will though.

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:
At ~$11k, it doesn't hold much interest to me, either.
Big Grin

It's a rare Omega that sells for MSRP. But I wouldn't want it for 1/4th that. Somebody else surely will though.

Agreed, a regular Racing or Moonwatch would get the nod first.

Something like this strikes my fancy a lot more, for half the price

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
This watch! Man I guess this would be my grail watch.

[/url] [url=https:///184375216@N03/],

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
But, this one is probably the absolute highest I could see myself paying if I wanted one really good watch.

Posts: 7506 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My shortlist, on quick recollection

Omega Moonwatch
Glashutte Original Sixties
Grand Seiko

The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
But, this one is probably the absolute highest I could see myself paying if I wanted one really good watch.

That Ball is a seriously good looking watch.

Posts: 2590 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post

I’m trapped at the office watching ice fall from the sky, so here’s a poor cellphone picture of what I think is one of the best looking movements around.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ #1 for me, for sure

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s hand wind right?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
Yup. Hand wound all the way. The Speedmaster Automatic is an abomination. Like a first gen SAA in kydex. Or decaf.

As long as I give it a few winds a day it's good. On a full wind it goes just over two full days. I tend not to wind manuals all the way up. Just seems like it might be bad for the springs long term.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I was in Moonwatch drool mode & completely missed the lack of a rotor.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Grand Seiko

I'd like to get myself a Grand Seiko as the "retirement watch." Good thing I've got such a long time to save for it! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Grand Seiko

I'd like to get myself a Grand Seiko as the "retirement watch." Good thing I've got such a long time to save for it! Big Grin

Same
We have a running watch thread on another forum I'm on & one of the mods there has a GS, beautiful piece & never would've gotten my attention over the Omegas & such.
My shortlist probably almost exceeds the cost of my last car purchase Big Grin

Luckily, there's so many more budget friendly options to fill the gaps until the grail pieces are within reach.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Speaking of Grand Seikos...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice.
If/when I look for one, it'll probably be similar to this, but probably without the GMT. Plenty of time to decide strap or bracelet

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those Grand Seiko watches are gorgeous! I love the idea behind spring drive movements. There is a Seiko diver I really like that is stealthy looking and has basically a Grand Seiko movement. I wonder if my local fun store still has it.

Christoper Ward’s SH21 powered C60 Abyss is my favorite watch to look at, the dial has quite a bit going on.

I swapped out the DLC bracelet for a CW fabric and rubber strap that really feels and looks great. CW C60 bracelets and straps are quick release.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I apologize for the crappy photo.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38600 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Christoper Ward’s SH21

Stickman, that Abyss is a beauty

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post