SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 469 470 471 472 473 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Agreed, love the dial

It was actually going to be my third choice, I had a blue and a black with round markers and a date window I was going to pick between, but this one showed up first, and as soon as I saw it I remembered the orange hand set…

I’ve decided I can just learn to remember what day it is, the clean look of this dial is really growing on me!

Bill R

Posts: 1121 | Location: Wet side of WA | Registered: October 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I LOVE the dial!

Yeah! What Stick said!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
YO,Stylophiles. You should sell these, I want one

Not kidding

Posts: 5323 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Getting this thread up to date.

This has been my daily wear for quite a few weeks now. I used to feel it felt big, but it's feeling great now. I do have small wrists.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Quite nice, 6g!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks, P250! I gotta learn how to rotate better. Big Grin

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38681 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
(Seiko Gray Dawn Samurai pic)

Dangit, 6guns! I'm SO "green with envy" right now!

That's the model that got me interested in Seiko automatics to begin with. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't say it wears small, but it still feels good on my wrist. I don't see it as showy because of the muted color, but I still see it as classy.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Happy Sunday fellow watch lovers.

My ice baby Tuna is getting a lot of love lately. I have it on a strapcode bracelet. It’s a HEAVY combo with this bracelet but damn is it comfy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Happy Sunday fellow watch lovers.

My ice baby Tuna is getting a lot of love lately. I have it on a strapcode bracelet. It’s a HEAVY combo with this bracelet but damn is it comfy.

I'm still not able to see any photos you post, stick. Bugs me. It's really time to retire my thirteen year old Mac and get a new one.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Well, while it looked cool, the black on black on black negative display Casioak with lime green hands really sucks to try to read in, well... any lighting. It may as well not even have an LCD display. I gave it a fair shake, almost two years of trying to make it work. After spending a hundred bucks on it, I don't know why I decided to quibble on spending $20 for a replacement, but I just ordered a Casio AE1500WH in tan. Massive screen, positive display, 100m water resist, and a CR2032 is good for a decade of run time. I will never buy another negative display watch.

stylophiles, I love that chonker with the orange hands you built on the last page. Wow.

*Edit - Going back a few pages further, I see pulicords has the exact same Casioak I've just grown sick of, but he swapped the chapter ring and did a color fill on the letting of the case face. Hmmmm. Maybe it's time to get some lime green paint and pull this sucker apart. Did you put a sapphire crystal in it, too? I already have the spring bar adapters to use a NATO. The adapters also work well for my rubber Barton, far more comfortable than the OEM accordion style. I still hate negative displays, but now I can at least opt for something else.

Maybe while I'm at it, I'll try a hydro mod on it since I know it'll work with this one now. Should help make the negative display easier to read.

Posts: 17137 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Long story short, I had some running around I had to do today, and one of the errands was next to a Jeweler... who sells Tudors...

Yes, I was looking at the Pelagos, but the salesman showed me this one as well:

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/...-bull-racing-edition

WOW!
SUPER lightweight! Especially after taking off my Marathon Gsar.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The same thing happened to me last weekend. I have been wearing a Seiko Tuna and a square G Shock and been loving them. So not really looking but saw a Tudor and Omega dealer and went in. Tried on the Pelagos FXD in blue and didn't take it off. I love it.

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/...gos-fxd/m25707b-0001

The also have several variations of Omega Seamasters and Speedmasters but they were quite a bit more than I could swallow.

Posts: 154 | Registered: June 07, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Long story short, I had some running around I had to do today, and one of the errands was next to a Jeweler... who sells Tudors...

WOW!

Yeah, those carbon composite cases are super light! It’s a very neat Tudor for sure especially for fans of Redbull and Yacht racing.

Omega makes a nice special edition Seamaster Chronograph for a yacht racing team as well.

Out of all the Tudor Pelagos FXD variants the Alinghi Red Bull Racing edition is my favorite. I love the dial and red second hand along with the unique carbon case. Cool Jomashop had them when I was in the market for my Pelagos LHD. I thought long and hard about the Red Bull FXD but eventually went with the LHD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21109 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:

WOW!

I have a Tudor Pelagos MN FXD and though I love the design, I'd be hesitant to get the version you're considering. I'm pretty hard on watches and though I don't have any on my MN, what could be an annoying scratch on a titanium case (like mine) might very well result in an irreparable break on a carbon case. I was looking closely at the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe carbon case, but decided not to take a chance based on these issues.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:

I have a Tudor Pelagos MN FXD and though I love the design, I'd be hesitant to get the version you're considering. I'm pretty hard on watches and though I don't have any on my MN, what could be an annoying scratch on a titanium case (like mine) might very well result in an irreparable break on a carbon case. I was looking closely at the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms Bathyscaphe carbon case, but decided not to take a chance based on these issues.

Dont get me wrong, that Carbon Fiber Tudor is NIIIICE! But if I'm getting a Carbon Fiber, it would be something like this:

https://countycomm.com/collect...ver-watch-by-maratac

I'd rather fuck up a $500 watch than a $5500 watch.
IIRC, Carbon Fiber degrades over time, it becomes weaker when exposed to the elements.
Here's a (big) problem- It's a dive watch. I dive. I expose my watches to "the elements", like water and pressure. How pissed off would any of us be at 50 Ft below the surface, and your nice $5500 watch decides to go "PFBBTTTTT" on you? I know I would be a little more than upset.

I'm about > < this close to pulling the trigger on this:

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/...elagos/m25600tn-0001

I'm hearing that you can fix most scratches on Titanium with an eraser or a fiberglass pencil. This will be my first Titanium watch.

(*** I'm about 1252 on the list for the HELM KHURABURI TITANIUM ***)

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My problem is that I'm inadvertently hard on watches. Random bumps here & there.
Have a decent scratch in the [non-sapphire] crystal on my Citizen CZ. Luckily haven't dinged the Monster.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15333 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Dont get me wrong, that Carbon Fiber Tudor is NIIIICE! But if I'm getting a Carbon Fiber, it would be something like this:

https://countycomm.com/collect...ver-watch-by-maratac

I'm about > < this close to pulling the trigger on this:

https://www.tudorwatch.com/en/...elagos/m25600tn-0001

I'm hearing that you can fix most scratches on Titanium with an eraser or a fiberglass pencil. This will be my first Titanium watch.

(*** I'm about 1252 on the list for the HELM KHURABURI TITANIUM ***)

That's a nice titanium Tudor! The adjustability of the bracelet is certainly nice and it's overall low key look is attractive. Tudors are a lot of watch for the money!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10198 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That's a nice titanium Tudor! The adjustability of the bracelet is certainly nice and it's overall low key look is attractive. Tudors are a lot of watch for the money!

Soon, real soon! Wink
Everyone I talked to says the bracelets is one of the most comfortable bracelets to wear.
The FX's are nice, but I like the ability to switch from a bracelet to a NATO, or toss on a leather. Kinda limited to just the NATO styles with an FX.

One of my good friends (who is way into the rabbit hole of watches, knives, motorcycles, and other cool stuff) puts it like this: Tudors are the lesser known, lesser expensive little brother to the more expensive, more known big brother, Rolex.

Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I got two to add today.

First up a new Timex Marlin Snoopy Red Baron edition.

I have the one after he's shot down and it's called the Flying Ace.

Whether SWATCH is your cup of tea or not, the group is marketing their high end brands to the younger crowd with these new editions.

I want to see the likes of Omega and Blancpain thrive.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34120 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post