SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
a JDM STO (Save The Ocean) blue to black fade dial

Love that dial! I have it on a Samurai (wearing today, actually). That blue is stunning in the sunlight.

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, stick.
Love the blue case. Just enough contrast overall that it doesn't seem too blue.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That blue Turtle turned out pretty good. I made a 2nd blue Turtle a while ago with a blue & yellow color combo with a silver chapter ring and it didn’t turn out as good.

aaaaannd for today I’ve gone back to titanium. Big Grin

I love the way this one look and feels on the wrist.

I’m not typically a huge fan of sapphire covered bezels but on the Helm it works brilliantly. The flat bezel and slightly domed sapphire crystal really look great together.

The only downside to a titanium watch IMO is the ease at which they pick up scratches. After one month of nearly daily wear it’s picked up more scratches than a stainless steel watch/bracelet would after say a year or so of being worn regularly. This is the one issue keeping me from pulling the trigger on a blue Tudor Pelagos. It doesn’t bother me too much on a watch that costs as much as a Helm but it might annoy me more on a Tudor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Definitely a big plus for the tungsten case/band on my Movado, but it is fairly heavy for a smaller piece.
My Citizen F150 definitely picked up more micro scratches in a much shorter time.

We'll see how the Monster holds up to my use once it gets here.

Posts: 15153 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A DLC coating on titanium or something like that might be the way to go I’m thinking. I love the light weight of titanium but even the more scratch resistant finish/type of titanium used on my Phoibos Apollo gen3 is starting to pick up a few small scratches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Monster delivered, definitely a much thicker/heavier piece than the SNK

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I really like that Monster!

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I really like that Monster!

Really shines in the sun. Was out for a walk with the kids/dog & the sun really set off the dial face.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Good to.see that Monster has found another loving home. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13425 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P250UA5,

Congrats! That’s a good looking Seiko. I love that dial!

I find a good deal of satisfaction and joy of ownership knowing my movement powers the watch. The feeling of a rotor swinging and spinning around is just something quartz watches (except for kinetic) cannot match.

I hope you enjoy it! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I’ve wanted an Omega for years. After telling my wife I don’t need anything for a number of special occasions, I caved and let her spend too much on me. I do love it though. Now I just need to get the links perfect.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
My humble collection.
The Fossil & Movado need a battery.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I’ve wanted an Omega for years. After telling my wife I don’t need anything for a number of special occasions, I caved and let her spend too much on me. I do love it though. Now I just need to get the links perfect.

Very nice Oz, Congrats!

Posts: 11354 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Seeing all these blue dial Seiko's made me dig this one out, I also have the Samurai version. 2019 Seiko Save the Ocean Great White Shark, Second hand has a shark fin and you can also see one on the dial at the 8 o'clock position.

DSC_0055

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Love that custom job Stickman and that Monster P250

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, fisch, I'm a sucker for a blue dial.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Indeed!!

And I'm a sucker for the Samurai. Got a pic of yours, fisch?

God bless America.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite turtles! Never owned one but I’ve wanted one.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Indeed!!

And I'm a sucker for the Samurai. Got a pic of yours, fisch?

Here you go,

[/url]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2nQGsdR]

The Turtle is a JDM, wish i could have found a JDM Samurai, replaced the Seiko bracelet with one from Long Island Watch. I liked the dial so much and I like Turtles and Samurais so there was only one solution.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Having worn the Monster for a few days, not sure I could go back to a 3:00 crown, at least on a bigger wear like a diver.
Was the Samurai ever offered with a 4:00 crown?