SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I saw this one last night and thought of you.

https://www.thewatchbox.com/shop/4573788.html

When I get the truck repair stuff paid off, I’m doing a watch collection purge and buying a Sinn. Need to get my Combat Sub and my Heuer 2564 serviced so I can move them. Anyone got any reputable recommendations? Probably a lot of people could tackle the Glycine, but I don’t want to send a vintage Heuer to a back.

For special chronos, I've used RGM. I'm sure there are other good options, but I used them.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
For special chronos, I've used RGM. I'm sure there are other good options, but I used them.

I have a watch there now. Minimum 6 months turnaround

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
RGM did my 1946 Breitling Premier. Long gone now. But it worked wonderfully after their service.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
One of the best watchmakers in Michigan but he now lives in Ohio https://www.facebook.com/jamie.dolinar

Work is done via mail/delivery only now as I believe he went to work for someone else as his primary job.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fidelis Marines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
RGM did my 1946 Breitling Premier. Long gone now. But it worked wonderfully after their service.

man that is SHARP !

thanks, shawn
Semper Fi,
---->>> EXCUSE TYPOS<<<---

Posts: 3318 | Location: TEXAS! | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Then I guess it'll go to RGM when I can afford the service. It runs and keeps pretty good time, it's just that the power reserve runs out after about four hours on a full wind. I forget which, but one of the complications doesn't run correctly. Chronograph runs, but one pusher is kinda jammed in and they're both sticky. Recessed pushers for the other complications are stuck. I think the crown has been replaced. Obviously isn't set for the correct month/day/date, but those work. I'll leave it to them to polywatch the crystal, which also isn't too bad. It deserves a nice leather band. After that, it should look pretty nice. Hard to photograph with my poor skills and direct sun, but you get the idea.

Honestly, it should be some enthusiast's daily wear. I am too hard on stuff to feel right about wearing my grandfather's watch daily. May feel differently about it when I get it back from service. Looks like it's an early second execution 2547 Dato? Case number in the 83,000 range vs the 136,000 range like the one linked, so I dunno, it may be a lot earlier, maybe late 50's. I keep seeing Dato/Compax/Triple Calendar/Carrera 12 used interchangeably on this series, so depending on the exact features, who knows? Maybe RGM can tell me exactly what it is and when it was made.
https://www.fratellowatches.co...dato-reference-2547/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P220 Smudge,

Posts: 17123 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, and I'm sure it'll shine after a tune-up/service.
With that many complications, and being a handwind, I agree, it needs to be near EDC wear, unless it's simpler to set than it looks.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15307 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
If that Heuer were mine, and especially if it has sentimental value, that'd be an RGM only watch. Wow! What an awesome watch!

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:...the power reserve runs out after about four hours on a full wind.

It's not getting a full wind, from the sound of it. The mainspring is probably slipping in the barrel. Relubricating the inner walls of the barrel with a special grease that provides friction up to a point, and then provides slip to prevent the mainspring from breaking is the minimum that would work, but it's probably time to just replace the spring.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BrianO,

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The price of Omega’s adjustable clasp for the Seamaster has really gone up over the past few years. You used to be able to find that clasp for around $175. One of my ADs has one in stock currently for a cool $325! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The price of Omega’s adjustable clasp for the Seamaster has really gone up over the past few years. You used to be able to find that clasp for around $175. One of my ADs has one in stock currently for a cool $325! Eek

Nice to look at, but I think a quality traditional strap would be my choice over the $1000 Omega setup.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I've found myself uniformly desiring straps (two-piece or NATO) over bracelets.

Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

Or were you wanting to change the clasp on an existing bracelet? I was thinking of the deployment clasp for their leather.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I was wanting to upgrade the current bracelet clasp to the adjustable clasp.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Having a mix now, bracelets, strap & rubber, I really like the straps. A bracelet is my #1 for EDC, but I quite like the strap on my little SKN field watch.
The rubber strap on my Citizen CZ is just too grippy & catches on so much, but is great for a workout or in water

Posts: 15307 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Luminox X Besr Grylls

Picked this out during the latest group buy. What do you all think?

Next to my Helson Shark Diver.

I’m on the fence.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those look great! I love the mesh bracelets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
What size is that Luminox? Looks huge.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
What size is that Luminox? Looks huge.

Size of case (diameter): 45 mm
Lug width: 24 mm
Case height: 13 mm
Weight: 170 g

The Helson is 44Mm but a lot thicker. I prefer big watches.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Do you have a lume shot? That has tritium correct?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~