SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
In the ethereal hands of the FedEx pilots on its way to someone new. FUNd raising for guitar stuff. I bought this in May of 2020 and in a few years, made a few hundred on it even when selling it to a wholesale channel reseller (ultra easy low risk sale). I do NOT expect guitars will treat me so well. Haha!

That is one I would have had a hard time letting go.

But now you'll have to post a photo of your new Gretsch and that cool vintage, blackface Princeton Reverb you are going to get.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
You have to love the beauty of an Omega movement.

I especially like that Omega, for whatever reason< chose to leave a lot of the chrono parts in the white. What a nice contrast.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
....That is one I would have had a hard time letting go.

But now you'll have to post a photo of your new Gretsch and that cool vintage, blackface Princeton Reverb you are going to get.

I never have trouble letting go. That's my problem, some 66 great watches later. But it's also the ONLY way I could ever have so many great watches on the wrist. I've got a few more great ones to go in the next few weeks.

Re: the Princeton Reverb -- I think that one's a little large for my needs. And I definitely would get the lacquered tweed regardless. I'm thinking the 5W 57' Champ.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:

Re: the Princeton Reverb -- I think that one's a little large for my needs. And I definitely would get the lacquered tweed regardless. I'm thinking the 5W 57' Champ.

Lemme help

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Niiiiice! The watch is a nice touch, given the thread! Smile

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Seiko-heads: The Drive today offers an article stating that "almost every single watch Seiko makes is on sale."

Link: https://www.thedrive.com/deals/seiko-amazon-sale-2

P250UA5 calls me an enabler... Razz

God bless America.

Posts: 13493 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That SNXS77 is a looker.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Vhtoky, I bet you like to drink beer in front of alcoholics too. Smile, I wish you had not shown me that link.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
I bet you like to drink beer in front of alcoholics too. Smile

I'm laughing so hard I'm going to take that as a compliment! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13493 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Seiko-heads: The Drive today offers an article stating that "almost every single watch Seiko makes is on sale."

Link: https://www.thedrive.com/deals/seiko-amazon-sale-2

P250UA5 calls me an enabler... Razz

Luckily, nothing there tempts me.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Once again Sigforum has led me into temptation.

After seeing the thread that Tread Bracelets were being discontinued and on sale I clicked the link and started looking. Tempting but not really my style and then I saw the Tread Tempo, ooh! a watch my brain said.

Still was not really going to buy. My brother whom I had sent the link was gonna buy a bracelet because he told me Leathermans that are discontinued go up in value and are sort of collectable. Oops wrong choice of words for me to hear. I have bought watches before never wore, sold and made a nice little profit.

Well after sleeping on it overnight, the bracelets were gone the next day as were the solid colored watches. Panic sets in I better buy now before they are all gone my brain screams. Originally $399.00 now $159.99, it has a Swiss Ronda Quartz Movement, Dlc, and 200 meters water resistance.

Well they got here yesterday, opened mine tried it on and now I am thinking, Do I take the stickers off and start wearing it or do I tuck it away as a collectible. I really like it more than I thought, and the watch is pretty nice too.

So what say you my fellow Sigforum watch addicts? Wear or not wear? Prices are already going up on eBay.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Once again Sigforum has led me into temptation.

After seeing the thread that Tread Bracelets were being discontinued and on sale I clicked the link and started looking. Tempting but not really my style and then I saw the Tread Tempo, ooh! a watch my brain said.

Still was not really going to buy. My brother whom I had sent the link was gonna buy a bracelet because he told me Leathermans that are discontinued go up in value and are sort of collectable. Oops wrong choice of words for me to hear. I have bought watches before never wore, sold and made a nice little profit.

Well after sleeping on it overnight, the bracelets were gone the next day as were the solid colored watches. Panic sets in I better buy now before they are all gone my brain screams. Originally $399.00 now $159.99, it has a Swiss Ronda Quartz Movement, Dlc, and 200 meters water resistance.

Well they got here yesterday, opened mine tried it on and now I am thinking, Do I take the stickers off and start wearing it or do I tuck it away as a collectible. I really like it more than I thought, and the watch is pretty nice too.

So what say you my fellow Sigforum watch addicts? Wear or not wear? Prices are already going up on eBay.

This will not be a collectible. Prices may be a little higher now, but that is a blip as they go out of production. Think about it - in five years will there still be demand for these, like there is for a Rolex Explorer or Sub? No.

These are users. Use it.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Jhe888, thats sort of what I have been thinking but then I look at prices on older discontinued Leatherman items that have sold.

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I took the car in for its annual inspection yesterday, and immediately noticed the service rep wearing a sharp-looking SSB403.

It's not a Seiko I need, but it's an economical choice at roughly $175 on Amazon today.

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Man I messed up. I missed out on a killer deal on a Sinn Arktis. Mad

One day….

On an entirely different subject I am 99.9% sure I will soon be joining the ranks of Omega watch owners again.

This baby as caught my eye and I have a lead on one that is quite promising. The real question is what NATO strap from Omega will work on their previous Gen Seamaster Chronograph?

I love the size of this compared to the new version which loses a subdial and gains case size unfortunately. This one has a 41.5 mm case (which IMO is PERFECT) compared to the new Gen which has sadly jumped up to a 44mm case. Frown

Anyone know if the adjustable clasp will fit on this bracelet? It has screws so I’m thinking it will fit this watch. One of my local Authorized Dealers has the new adjustable clasp in stock for a cool $325. There are about to be a lot more watches listed in my classified thread. Big Grin

The new Bond strap works on it. Which makes me regret getting rid of my strap and titanium Bond Seamaster super clone last year.

These are also interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I saw this one last night and thought of you.

https://www.thewatchbox.com/shop/4573788.html

When I get the truck repair stuff paid off, I’m doing a watch collection purge and buying a Sinn. Need to get my Combat Sub and my Heuer 2564 serviced so I can move them. Anyone got any reputable recommendations? Probably a lot of people could tackle the Glycine, but I don’t want to send a vintage Heuer to a back.

Posts: 17120 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That is beautiful, but I'm afraid 43mm is a bit too big me....though I'd be happy to try one on! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38672 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Need to get my Combat Sub and my Heuer 2564 serviced so I can move them. Anyone got any reputable recommendations? Probably a lot of people could tackle the Glycine, but I don’t want to send a vintage Heuer to a back.

If it were me, I'd start with a e-mail to Dave.

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
There are about to be a lot more watches listed in my classified thread. Big Grin

You don't have that Gray Dawn Samurai I'm looking for, do you?

quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The new Bond strap works on it.

Looks GREAT on it! Cool

God bless America.

Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
Probably a lot of people could tackle the Glycine, but I don’t want to send a vintage Heuer to a back.

Jack Aleyxon at International Watch Works would take care of it, but you will be waiting for a while. He is usually backed up.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post