SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh awesome!! You’ve got one too. Niiiiiice. Cool

I own a lot of Seiko watches and this one is among my absolute favorites. I was stressing when Seiko stopped making them and they became harder to find them but luckily I found a super clean used example for a steal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The SBDC077(?) is a great looking watch and I have been casually looking for one since Stickman first posted a picture of his in early June and the average price for a pre-owned one seems to be around $1.3K.

Posts: 3466 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
Fresh off the USPS truck this afternoon, a variant that I've been hunting for...

The 42mm KFA with the ETA 2824-2 movement Cool

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Nice Hamilton. I learned early on that I am drawn to the "field" style.

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
The SBDC077(?) is a great looking watch and I have been casually looking for one since Stickman first posted a picture of his in early June and the average price for a pre-owned one seems to be around $1.3K.

Yep, it’s the SBDC077. It’s a great watch! This was my first 62MAS style Seiko and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites. The case shape is comfortable and attractive. I adore the dial and bezel insert both of which really seem to change the way they look depending on the lighting. I’m not typically a huge fan of green dial watches but I make an exception for the SBDC077.

toxophilus84, nice Hamilton! Does that watch have a screw down crown? 100m WR?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
toxophilus84, nice Hamilton! Does that watch have a screw down crown? 100m WR?

No screw down crown though it's rated for 100m WR.

This will be a strap monster for sure Big Grin

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^

That's a good looking Hamilton, sir!

If stickman decides to sell a particular one, perhaps I'll get it back. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
toxophilus84,

42mm case eh? I think I might have a Hamilton mod watch that uses the same case but is modified with a sterile dial and decorated 2824-2 (that’s not something you hear everyday…most of the modified watches are based on Seiko).

Is that a reference: H705450?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
toxophilus84,

42mm case eh? I think I might have a Hamilton mod watch that uses the same case but is modified with a sterile dial and decorated 2824-2 (that’s not something you hear everyday…most of the modified watches are based on Seiko).

Is that a reference: H705450?

Sweet! H705450 is the case code, mine has the same though my model number is H70455533.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Nice Hamilton, Toxophilus! Clean example of a field watch. Smile

Stickman, if you ever decide to move that modded Hamilton, let me know. Cool

Posts: 17060 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up. The Christopher Ward July sale starts tomorrow. Prices up to 40% off on some models. Pro tip: Order in GBP rather than USD and you will save even more.

Pic for attention:

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Found while unpacking.
Wife's grandfather's watch. Manual wind, very small face & an elastic metal bracelet

Gave it a couple winds & it still works.

With my 44mm Citizen F150, for scale

Dial says:
Earls
17 jewels
Unbreakable mainspring

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
My latest San Martin chrono!
It's a 57 Broad Arrow homage.
ST19 had wind chrono.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Those area really nice SC!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I got a new watch. I don't know that I need a GMT complication, but it is cool.

Maybe this will get the watch thread going again.

Very nice! Unfortunately for me, you stirred up my interest in Seiko GMTs and I think I've fallen for their latest version (5 Sport GMT Automatico Blu SSK003K1)!!! There's three color offerings, but the "Batman"? For less than $500.00??? Please tell me how I can resist?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Seiko launched a customizer for the Seiko5
Maybe they get into the customized release game?

https://5scustomize.seikowatches.com/custom/

This is what I came up with from their limited options:

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Seiko has a NEW GMT out also!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m glad to see Seiko offering the option to customize your own watch. Seiko modders have been offering this service for a while now (mad mod world has been doing it for years now). There is quite a bit of joy to be had in being able to pick and choose exactly what parts you want on your watch. Bravo Seiko for realizing you were missing out on a very good thing. I really like Seiko’s watch configurator. Darn you Seiko! Big Grin The ice blue dial and blue hand option is so excellent!!

I suppose not everyone is willing to jump into Seiko watch modification on their own..there is a bit of a learning curve that can have some painful lessons along the way. You gotta give Seiko credit, just when it starts to get a bit stale they find a new way to pull you back in. Cool

This one has an almost Bavarian vibe to it thanks to the bezel insert.

I like that it lets you make a watch very close to the SBSA109 (140th anniversary edition Seiko 5 Sports) though I believe the texture on the dial might not be exactly the same.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
^^^

Okay, fellas, I walked through the Seiko configurator and made one I liked. Thing is, I don't see an option to actually buy it. Am I overlooking something?

God bless America.

Posts: 13427 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Seiko has a NEW GMT out also!

That's what I just posted a pic of! There's three different color options: Blue (Seiko 5 Sports Automatic GMT SKX Sports Style SSK003), black, and orange.

Further details on the watch and color options: https://timeandtidewatches.com...-gmt-for-under-1000/