SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
^^^

Okay, fellas, I walked through the Seiko configurator and made one I liked. Thing is, I don't see an option to actually buy it. Am I overlooking something?

Click on the thin BLUE and RED lines (top right)You register YOUR DESIGN on facebook or twitter or something and people vote on it. Apparently the winning design will be produced. Good Luck.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Click on the thin BLUE and RED lines (top right)You register YOUR DESIGN on facebook or twitter or something and people vote on it. Apparently the winning design will be produced. Good Luck.

Aha!

That part, I saw... I just figured I was overlooking an opportunity to have it custom-built. Then (being in manufacturing), of course, I wondered how in the world Seiko could set up such a "custom shop." Cool

I understand better now. Thank you.

God bless America.

Posts: 13494 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Dammit Seiko. As someone who has built A LOT of modified Seiko watches this is a fuck up.

It would not be hard at all to have a dedicated team of employees take over a “custom shop” and charge an additional amount to have it your way. There are countless small operations doing this already. Why not cut into their niche? Seiko is after all the manufacturers of these watches. This would take minimal effort on their behalf and be a very unique way to offer something their similarly priced Swiss competitors would probably never consider doing.

Oh well. Honestly you’re probably better off modding them on your own or hiring a skilled Seiko watch modder like lumeshot (from YouTube) to build you a masterpiece.

Bummer.

This is nothing more than a clever attempt for me to do their marketing for them and use “antisocial media” to generate enthusiasm for that one lucky watch they choose.

Booo

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Yep, a missed revenue opportunity.
Not sure how difficult it would be to staff up a custom shop, but if it were initially limited to the Seiko 5 & off the shelf parts, shouldn't be much different to the ones already building them, just from a custom order, rather than the current-spec production.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing more than a popularity contest?
Too bad, soo sad Seiko, you're loosing out.

Viva "Mad Mod World"!

https://madmodworld.com

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Got a Citizen CZ Smart Hybrid today from my wife, anniversary gift.
Liking it so far, my first Smart watch & will relegate my F150 to occasional wear.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Figured I’d take a few pics of one I haven’t worn in quite some time. I think it’ll wear nicely today.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Damn, did the MTG kill the watch thread?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I fired this up the other day. I wore one of these daily for 13 years straight -- same year (97), with lug-holes, tritium dial. Much as a try, I just don't like bracelets all that much anymore. So the few I have get very little time.

This is one of the most legible watches, for a lot of information, that I've ever owned.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, r0gue, as usual.

quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Damn, did the MTG kill the watch thread?

That's actually one of the better looking G-Shock pieces I've seen. Usually not my style.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
r0gue, that IS a beauty! What's the diameter of that? I've seen you post this before and it's always amazing.

I'm sorry to say my computer doesn't show a lot of other photos and I don't know what I'm missing.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
r0gue, that IS a beauty! What's the diameter of that? I've seen you post this before and it's always amazing. ...

40mm

Model 16570 Explorer II

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38673 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Thanks!

Or in the case of THIS ONE (scroll down and look at the side of this case), I'd say 39mm. Razz

Talk about grossly over-polishing. Look at the lug holes all ovalized and rounded.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Wow, the watch world has a Bubba with a Dremel!
Wondering what the inside looks like.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
in comparison.

Side of case scratched? Indeed, yes!
Spring bars 1.5mm recessed, edge of hole sharp and well defined? Original and wonderful and YES!

To save some the hunt through the linked article. The pariah Eek :
Frown

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Rogue, they just used the SIG “hot melt” treatment on that Rolex case. Smile

quote:
The “lol” thread

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, too much form over function!

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Figured I’d take a few pics of one I haven’t worn in quite some time. I think it’ll wear nicely today.

I have the black and blue version of that watch. I like it.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
This thread just makes me happy.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post