SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Or do it. Automatic watch ownership is one of the finer enjoyments in life. Wink

Grilling with one of my better fleabay finds…my Hamilton diver Chronograph

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Very nice stickman, cannot say that i have seen one of those

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Or do it. Automatic watch ownership is one of the finer enjoyments in life. Wink

Grilling with one of my better fleabay finds…my Hamilton diver Chronograph

Beautiful watch Stickman! I’m afraid I’m an automatic lover too and the disease hit me bad this week. I very much like the Christopher Ward Sealander GMT I picked up a couple months back, but when I saw a YouTube video on the new Seiko GMT, it stirred my interest BIG TIME. I researched it while away on vacation this week and made the HORRIBLE error of getting diverted from a wonderful $470.00 addition to something very different: the Grand Seiko Limited Edition, 20th Anniversary GMT (Spring drive).

After waiting so long for a call on a new Rolex Explorer II Polar, I decided THIS was a viable/beautiful alternative. Just sealed the deal with the assistance of a friend in another state and a cool private seller. Pic is off the internet, pending the arrival of my actual watch. I might still get the regular Seiko GMT to the collection, but the Grand Seiko will be something very special to me.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
Grand Seiko Limited Edition, 20th Anniversary GMT (Spring drive).

Nice! I'm trying to avoid buying more watches right now, aiming for a Grand Seiko as a "gift to myself" in a few years.

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That Hamilton chrono is just plain peaches!!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh man I might have a new Seiko grail watch. That snowflake dial Grand Seiko GMT is just gorgeous! Whoa….

Today watch is a Seiko PADI Kinetic. A big watch but quite comfy on a nice NATO strap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
That Grand Seiko! Wow! Very nice, pullicords. Cool

Posts: 17124 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pullicords, that Grand Seiko is beautiful. The technology behind the spring drive is quite cool as well. The accuracy of the quartz crystal, electrified by a spring wound by a pendulum.

Quite a beautiful timepiece. I can’t wait to see the pics when it arrives.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
This is my my new Christopher Ward C65 Super Compressor in the Deep Blue color way. The case is an actual super compressor, not a just a cosmetic facsimile. Case is 41mm and runs on a Sellita SW200-1 movement.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2386 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Very nice Green Highlander. I managed to resist their last run of deals but I probably won’t be able to when they offer up another killer sale. Christopher Ward is one of my favorite watch brands.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That GS is very nice. Stickman.

GS finishes their watches better than any other factory watch, bar none. You have to go to the haute horlogerie makers to get anything nicer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Seems like this thread needs a Thursday jump start.

This is one of my favorite watches I have ever owned. It had to sell with many others as I needed a down payment on the house, however it sure is sweet. I love the dial, bracelet, and the big days is fantastic. Someday I will pick up another if I can find it for a reasonable price.

The Breitling Galactic 41.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very nice, how old is the watch?

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This should be easy for this group of watch enthusiasts.

Can you identify this delightful diver by its lume?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
helm vanuatu

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ten minutes and bam identified perfectly. Damn this forum knows it’s watches. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
Very nice, how old is the watch?

I think I took those pics in 2013. I really do miss that watch.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
This one works for me.
I'm very satisfied and not only is it super accurate, it is comfortable on the bracelet, extremely easy for my old eyes to read and the design of the hands makes them catch light in a most unusual way. In twilight the metal frame of the hands seems to gather all available light and self illuminate - and I'm not talking about the lume.

Please excuse the crappy photos.

Lume isn't half bad either.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That’s a mighty fine Blancpain. I love the lume. It’s pretty fantastic.

quote:
The “lol” thread

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snapping Twig:
This one works for me.
I'm very satisfied and not only is it super accurate, it is comfortable on the bracelet, extremely easy for my old eyes to read and the design of the hands makes them catch light in a most unusual way. In twilight the metal frame of the hands seems to gather all available light and self illuminate - and I'm not talking about the lume.

Please excuse the crappy photos.

Lume isn't half bad either.

Beautiful diver Twig!

I just received my Grand Seiko GMT yesterday. Even more beautiful in person than what I'd seen online. I'm very fortunate to have found one of these as about 20 were exported to the USA and I got this one at a very fair price.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post