SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The black/blue MTG is even better jhe, nice.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Phoibos WaveMaster, curtosy of Stickman arrived today.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Sweet! I’m glad you got it ok. Enjoy that beautiful watch. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Sweet! I’m glad you got it ok. Enjoy that beautiful watch. Cool

Thanks brother! Your packaging was perfect. We definitely have different hand and wrist sizes. My wrist is 8.5” lol.

It was pretty easy to add links.

It’s as cool as I imagined. Smile

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Figured I’d take a few pics of one I haven’t worn in quite some time. I think it’ll wear nicely today.

I have the black and blue version of that watch. I like it.

Quite a beautiful watch. Mine has had the shit beat out of it as you can see. Might take to filling the letters back in. I think it would clean it up nicely.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s a great looking watch. I was VERY tempted by Casio’s nicer offerings when I first dipped my toe into the highly addictive world of watches. I came incredibly close to getting a nicer Casio or JDM Citizen atomic sync watch the kind of which you rarely see (I still find them hard to resist) outside of enthusiast circles but a British sounding guy on YouTube who used to live in NY (maybe still does) sold me on Seiko automatics (he’s quite fond of Squale too) and not even the best solar watches seem to be able to break me from my love of feeling a rotor swing and knowing I alone am powering the watch. There is something about the fact that it’s powered by my movement and is an ingenious marvel of design and mechanical manufacturing that keeps me hopelessly addicted to incredibly complex and arguably obsolete mechanical masterpieces.

I have not posted any new watches in a while. I need to work on fixing that. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Stickman, I am in the same boat, for the most part. I really love mechanical watches. There is nothing better. I like that there is no battery, no processor, no chip, just springs, gears, and engineering. The MT-G came about because my wife and I had matching Rolex Yachtmasters. (Pic posted below). We sold the Yachtmasters to add to the down payment on our house. So it was a good sale, but it did break my heart a little.
I was needing a watch, and while some time had passed, the savings account wasn’t where it needed to be for a really nice watch purchase. I didn’t want a Seiko mechanical at the time, and the MT-G seemed to check the boxes. Mind you I was still pouting a little like a petulant child that I had sold our Rolex watches, even if it was for all the right reasons. So it was affordable, I paid $700 brand new for it, shipped to my door.
While it’s not mechanical, so it doesn’t get much wrist time at all anymore, it does have two pretty cool features. It’s time syncs to my phone, so it’s always perfectly accurate. The hands are adjustable via the app. So if at the perfect hour, the hands don’t line up perfectly with the markers, you have some micro adjustments that you can make so they line up absolutely perfectly. Probably not a big deal to most, but I set my time every morning on my mechanicals watches so they are accurate to the second. Sometimes I will set the time three or four times in a row, as the minute hand has to be perfectly centered on the minute marker when the second hand is at 12. (Look at the second pic below. The minute hand is off by a few degrees. It has to be corrected, or it will be just slightly past the minute marker at the top of every new minute.) If the minute hand is off, even by a couple degrees, reset the time and get the slack out of the hands. Yeah, I’m pretty weird, some would call it insane. My wife thinks I’m nuts when it comes to setting the time.

Anyways, here are a few pics of the long lost Yachtmasters.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Question
Rubber straps & salt water
We're headed to FL [Pensacola] on Sunday morning for a week.
Any issue with salt water & a rubber strap?
Planning on taking the new CZ Smart. Handled the community pool chlorine just fine day 1 out of the box.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
The rubber should be A-OK in the water, fresh or salt. The pins holding the strap to the case, I would make sure they were rinsed very well.

Remember, your sweat that is on that band, is salt water. Wink

quote:
The “lol” thread

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
True, only had it for a bit over a week, but it's definitely seen some sweat.

Prodigal Son
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5: Any issue with salt water & a rubber strap?

As Beancooker said, rubber straps handle saltwater just fine, but the metal parts of the watch may have issues. I use a rubber strap on my dive watch, and I mostly dive in saltwater; I haven't seen any signs of deterioration yet. I thoroughly rinse the watch, and all my other scuba gear, in fresh water before putting it way.

Posts: 656 | Location: Near Seattle, Washington, USA | Registered: March 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Every dive watch I own has seen salt water. I just rinse in the sink at the end of the day.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Saltwater? What is this problem you speak of?

sinnU2 by 77ct77, on Flickr

sinnU2b by 77ct77, on Flickr

You all have been a very bad influence on me lately

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:

I'm an unabashed Sinn fanboy (own: 142StS & 2 ea 156 Military) and that U2 is one that I've always lusted after.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

I'm an unabashed Sinn fanboy (own: 142StS & 2 ea 156 Military) and that U2 is one that I've always lusted after.

And you sir I think are one of the main culprits who made me aware of them, I thank you, but my wallet does not.

Really thinking of a Sinn 104 next.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That Sinn is quite nice, agreed.
Glad my wife has Dave's contact info. A mention & she's contacted him for both of my Citizens.

Planning on dipping my toe into the automatic world soon.
Probably start simple with something like a Presage.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
That Sinn is quite nice, agreed.
Glad my wife has Dave's contact info. A mention & she's contacted him for both of my Citizens.

Probably start simple with something like a Presage.

I love dive watches, have really been eyeballing some of the Citizen Pro Divers

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

You'll have email shortly. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:

And you sir I think are one of the main culprits who made me aware of them, I thank you, but my wallet does not.

Really thinking of a Sinn 104 next.

He's a bad influence for certain.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Don’t do it man. Automatic watches are addictive. Big Grin

It’s a seriously costly yet fun filled addiction.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~