SIGforum
A revival of the Watch thread

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9666031561/m/6290029643

June 30, 2022, 09:27 AM
stickman428
A revival of the Watch thread
Oh awesome!! You’ve got one too. Niiiiiice. Cool

I own a lot of Seiko watches and this one is among my absolute favorites. I was stressing when Seiko stopped making them and they became harder to find them but luckily I found a super clean used example for a steal.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance
June 30, 2022, 03:48 PM
Cookster
The SBDC077(?) is a great looking watch and I have been casually looking for one since Stickman first posted a picture of his in early June and the average price for a pre-owned one seems to be around $1.3K.

June 30, 2022, 11:38 PM
toxophilus84
Fresh off the USPS truck this afternoon, a variant that I've been hunting for...

The 42mm KFA with the ETA 2824-2 movement Cool

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".
July 01, 2022, 06:17 AM
ffips
Nice Hamilton. I learned early on that I am drawn to the "field" style.
July 01, 2022, 08:26 AM
stickman428
quote:
Originally posted by Cookster:
The SBDC077(?) is a great looking watch and I have been casually looking for one since Stickman first posted a picture of his in early June and the average price for a pre-owned one seems to be around $1.3K.

Yep, it’s the SBDC077. It’s a great watch! This was my first 62MAS style Seiko and it’s quickly becoming one of my favorites. The case shape is comfortable and attractive. I adore the dial and bezel insert both of which really seem to change the way they look depending on the lighting. I’m not typically a huge fan of green dial watches but I make an exception for the SBDC077.

toxophilus84, nice Hamilton! Does that watch have a screw down crown? 100m WR?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 01, 2022, 11:18 AM
toxophilus84
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
toxophilus84, nice Hamilton! Does that watch have a screw down crown? 100m WR?

No screw down crown though it's rated for 100m WR.

This will be a strap monster for sure Big Grin

July 01, 2022, 05:47 PM
vthoky
^^^

That's a good looking Hamilton, sir!

If stickman decides to sell a particular one, perhaps I'll get it back. Wink

God bless America.
July 01, 2022, 05:49 PM
stickman428
toxophilus84,

42mm case eh? I think I might have a Hamilton mod watch that uses the same case but is modified with a sterile dial and decorated 2824-2 (that’s not something you hear everyday…most of the modified watches are based on Seiko).

Is that a reference: H705450?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 01, 2022, 06:28 PM
toxophilus84
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
toxophilus84,

42mm case eh? I think I might have a Hamilton mod watch that uses the same case but is modified with a sterile dial and decorated 2824-2 (that’s not something you hear everyday…most of the modified watches are based on Seiko).

Is that a reference: H705450?

Sweet! H705450 is the case code, mine has the same though my model number is H70455533.

July 01, 2022, 09:46 PM
P220 Smudge
Nice Hamilton, Toxophilus! Clean example of a field watch. Smile

Stickman, if you ever decide to move that modded Hamilton, let me know. Cool

July 05, 2022, 12:08 PM
Green Highlander
Just a heads up. The Christopher Ward July sale starts tomorrow. Prices up to 40% off on some models. Pro tip: Order in GBP rather than USD and you will save even more.

Pic for attention:

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")
July 06, 2022, 08:01 AM
P250UA5
Found while unpacking.
Wife's grandfather's watch. Manual wind, very small face & an elastic metal bracelet

Gave it a couple winds & it still works.

With my 44mm Citizen F150, for scale

Dial says:
Earls
17 jewels
Unbreakable mainspring

The Enemy's gate is down.
July 06, 2022, 06:14 PM
ScreamingCockatoo
My latest San Martin chrono!
It's a 57 Broad Arrow homage.
ST19 had wind chrono.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
July 07, 2022, 01:33 PM
pulicords
Those area really nice SC!!!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
July 07, 2022, 01:57 PM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I got a new watch. I don't know that I need a GMT complication, but it is cool.

Maybe this will get the watch thread going again.

Very nice! Unfortunately for me, you stirred up my interest in Seiko GMTs and I think I've fallen for their latest version (5 Sport GMT Automatico Blu SSK003K1)!!! There's three color offerings, but the "Batman"? For less than $500.00??? Please tell me how I can resist?

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."
July 07, 2022, 02:10 PM
P250UA5
Seiko launched a customizer for the Seiko5
Maybe they get into the customized release game?

https://5scustomize.seikowatches.com/custom/

This is what I came up with from their limited options:

The Enemy's gate is down.
July 07, 2022, 04:59 PM
ScreamingCockatoo
Seiko has a NEW GMT out also!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.
July 07, 2022, 05:20 PM
stickman428
I’m glad to see Seiko offering the option to customize your own watch. Seiko modders have been offering this service for a while now (mad mod world has been doing it for years now). There is quite a bit of joy to be had in being able to pick and choose exactly what parts you want on your watch. Bravo Seiko for realizing you were missing out on a very good thing. I really like Seiko’s watch configurator. Darn you Seiko! Big Grin The ice blue dial and blue hand option is so excellent!!

I suppose not everyone is willing to jump into Seiko watch modification on their own..there is a bit of a learning curve that can have some painful lessons along the way. You gotta give Seiko credit, just when it starts to get a bit stale they find a new way to pull you back in. Cool

This one has an almost Bavarian vibe to it thanks to the bezel insert.

I like that it lets you make a watch very close to the SBSA109 (140th anniversary edition Seiko 5 Sports) though I believe the texture on the dial might not be exactly the same.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

July 07, 2022, 07:35 PM
vthoky
^^^

Okay, fellas, I walked through the Seiko configurator and made one I liked. Thing is, I don't see an option to actually buy it. Am I overlooking something?

God bless America.
July 07, 2022, 07:43 PM
pulicords
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
Seiko has a NEW GMT out also!

That's what I just posted a pic of! There's three different color options: Blue (Seiko 5 Sports Automatic GMT SKX Sports Style SSK003), black, and orange.

Further details on the watch and color options: https://timeandtidewatches.com...-gmt-for-under-1000/