SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Those tubes with a screw at the end are a pain in the ass but I have a system I use to all the time.

If you have a vice you put one screw driver in it nice and tight and put down a micro fiber cloth to protect the watch
you insert the tube into the screw driver held in the vice and hold it steady. Then use another screw driver to remove the screw at the other end. The key point is having one rock solid and stable screw driver as you loosen and the other.

Posts: 965 | Registered: July 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Underdog, that is a neat looking watch! I love the rubber straps and the optical illusion they make. I was at the zoo this past week and got up close to a few rather large snakes. That strap kind of reminds me of the overlapping armor that snake skin forms. Very cool.

The factory bracelet looks sharp too. I really like the look of that watch.

On a different subject, can y’all help me identify this Seiko?

Any idea on the reference number, nick name or whether it has compatibility with other Seiko dive watches as far as bracelet options?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the posts dfens and stickman! I sincerely enjoy the Helson! Big Grin

Sorry I’m not the forum member to help on the Seiko info.

Posts: 491 | Location: St. Augustine, FL | Registered: April 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Pickle Rick!
Picture of Pickle Rick
posted Hide Post
Hey all,
Found a bit of info on the Seiko pictured above. There are a few on the Bay ranging between 200.00 and 400.00. Movement is 7S26-0040 and it keeps GREAT time. I have seen a few references classic / vintage. I'm cool with that. As I'm concerned it's in good shape. I have a newer Seiko band on it currently ...... not sure if I landed the Strap/Bracelet that i would like to put on it. I am WAY open from my Sig forumites to offer up suggestions. Many thanks,John

SKX033J

PS, Thank you Stickman for posting my pictures.

Posts: 2862 | Location: Lancaster, PA. | Registered: February 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Regulated as such, I'm netting about zero seconds daily (around +10s during the day and around -10s at night in the noon high position).

Again, thanks to Stickman for the gift - I'm having a great time learning about automatics and I love the Kanno. I'm resisting the urge to buy another automatic. Maybe someday though.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: konata88,

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I’m so glad you are enjoying your watch Konata!

This forum is responsible in a big way for helping me discover the alluring, addictive and amazing world of automatic mechanical watches. It only seems right to pay forward the unbelievable kindness and generosity I have received from our fine members.

It makes me very happy to see you enjoying that Orient and learning so much about automatic watches. They are a joy to own. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21075 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Dang the Valjoux 7750! Big Grin. If my two favorite watches with this movement would swap their timekeeping they would BOTH be perfect.

One is +10 the other -10 and neither seems much phased by positional orientation when I let them sit over night. They keep either + 10 consistently or -10.

My Christopher Ward is going back to its maker. I am a damn idiot and I hope they can fix something stupid I did to the case after a bracelet got stuck on it. Eek Frown

While it’s there I am hoping they can fix the dang consistent -10 seconds every 24hrs. It’s not bad but that movement can perform better.

On a positive note I am just loving my Gen 1 (I think) Zelos Mako on a blue nato strap. The bronze case has slowly formed a dull patina in some areas that looks great with the rose gold hands. Elshan Tang makes some pretty darn cool watches.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Once again you guys have been a bad influence and made me weak to this addiction, made several new purchases Ball, Vostok, Seiko (pics later) and got on the Helm waiting lists.

I have two questions, how does it work when Helm notifies you, do you then get to pick colors and options or do you just get what they offer you?

And I am in the #5000-#6000 range on Vanuatu, Komodo, and Khuraburi, based on what I am reading I am thinking this might take a year or more, How long do you that have ordered think this will take?

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
They sent me an email with a password and I got to choose the color in the link provided in the email. It’s a pretty neat system when your name finally gets drawn.

It basically routs you to a secure part of their site and allows you to buy any color and any color strap but you have to make a purchase in 48 hrs.

Helm is in my opinion worth the wait. They are superb. Helm does random drawings too that’s how my name was drawn so maybe you and/or another member will also get lucky. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the answer Stickman. Love the mods on Seikos you have been doing, glad I have been able to avoid going down that Rabbit Hole. Wish I was luckier on drawings but I am not getting my hopes up on that.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
I'm now #1428 and 1508 for a Komodo.

Info from the HELM KOMODO page: When stock is available, we contact customers in the order in which they joined the list with instructions about how to complete the purchase. We're currently contacting customers on the Komodo list at a rate of about 150 per month.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Johnny 3eagles,

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
I'm now #1428 and 1508 for a Komodo.

Info from the HELM KOMODO page: When stock is available, we contact customers in the order in which they joined the list with instructions about how to complete the purchase. We're currently contacting customers on the Komodo list at a rate of about 150 per month.

I signed up Monday and I am 6350 on Komodo, so in about, so about 4 years from now right? Lol

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Back on page 353, I posted the following about the Komodo wait list:

"Ty for the heads up. I just checked and I am #1726. Back on page 334, on August the 12th, I was #2179.

Hence they made 453 Komodos over the past ~104 days so they averaged 129 Komodos per month.

If that is their normal pace my number will be up in ~13 months so that would be January 2023."

So if the above holds true, they make 1548 Komodos per year.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Just a heads up for those of you considering Christopher Ward. Their big January sale is kicking off and has discounts up to 40% on some models. They also have some Nearly New at 30% off.These are watches returned in the 60 day tryout period and are in LNIB condition with full warranty. The ones I have bought are in perfect condition.

Good hunting. The supplies are limited.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2380 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Back on page 353, I posted the following about the Komodo wait list:

"Ty for the heads up. I just checked and I am #1726. Back on page 334, on August the 12th, I was #2179.

Hence they made 453 Komodos over the past ~104 days so they averaged 129 Komodos per month.

If that is their normal pace my number will be up in ~13 months so that would be January 2023."

So if the above holds true, they make 1548 Komodos per year.
. Thanks for the link, so based on my number 4 years Eek

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
Good hunting. The supplies are limited.

Hmmmm.... I can't find anything about it on their site? Confused

I really like that C60 #tide, but I'll be damned if I'm going to buy a watch with a hastag for a name. Marketing failure right there, and it's a shame because both the specs and looks are about perfect. The blue wave sapphire dial? Fuhgeddaboutit.

Posts: 17055 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
P220 Smudge,

You have to be on their email list to get the link to their sale.

Here is a link to the watches on sale

That’s a dang good price for their stealthy C60 Abyss!

They have been selling out fast!!! I hesitated on $400 off the vintage chronograph diver they make that I like and it sold out in hours.

I don’t mind the semi transparent dial, I think it’s a neat concept. I have more of a problem with the big hashtag on the caseback. They should have gone with a sapphire blue caseback but they do that on another watch so I guess they wanted to do something different.

There are a lot of versions of the C60 Trident. The watch has evolved quite a bit over the years. The MK1 and I think the MK2 Trident had a dial that looks nearly identical to the older wavy dial Seamaster.

The original Trident & logo

Updated logo that is also neat

Their logo has changed a few times but the two pictured above are my personal favorites. It’s nice to see Christopher Ward bring back the old logos in a limited capability recently.

I like how the C60 is evolving and beginning to do more of its own thing.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stickman428,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
No pictures, but I’m now about two months into BB58 ownership and I’m loving the experience. Very happy with the purchase.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
I do okay with bracelets and Nato straps, but with 8.5" wrists I really have problems finding rubber straps that fit. I have tried Barton and some others but even the larges are on the last hole sometimes. Looking for any recommendations for where to find good leather and rubber large watch straps.

Retired old fat motor cop
posted Hide Post
Not anything high end, but I found a Citizen Titanium Diver I got from Dave Traung a few years ago. I thought I lost it cleaning a whelping box during first spring of Covid.found it in a holster bin. Made me very happy. If I can relearn photos
I will post.

" Life is full of choices', Choices have consequences."

Posts: 698 | Location: New England | Registered: October 01, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post