SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I bought my first Breitling. To my shock the watch actually exceeded my expectations quite a bit. VERY good time keeping, incredible fit and finish and a bold, beautiful aesthetic makes for a watch/ watch brand that I am warming up to quite a bit.

I also scooped up a neat Doxa I’ve been looking to acquire for a long time. My first Divingstar is a sweet one!!!

The summer 2024 watches have been arguably my best summer watch acquisitions to date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I bought my first Breitling. To my shock the watch actually exceeded my expectations quite a bit. VERY good time keeping, incredible fit and finish and a bold, beautiful aesthetic makes for a watch/ watch brand that I am warming up to quite a bit.

Those are sharp looking watches, I love the yellow dials. Congratulations

I own a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf with the yellow dial that I bought a few years ago. One of the main reasons I bought it was because of the dial color.

Again congratulations.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:

I own a Breitling Avenger II Seawolf with the yellow dial that I bought a few years ago. One of the main reasons I bought it was because of the dial color.

Again congratulations.

Thank you!! This Breitling does hold the record for being recognized and complimented on the first day I wore it to work! The Cobra yellow dial is VERY attention grabbing. Big Grin

Personally, I think it looks best on a green or grey NATO strap. It also looks ok on the Breitling leather strap but it’s not as comfortable as the NATO. It’s WAAAY too heavy on the stainless bracelet BUT it looks pretty good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21220 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
It’s a beauty and very eye catching! The yellow is very distinctive!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39212 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 71 TRUCK:
quote:

Again congratulations.

Thank you!! This Breitling does hold the record for being recognized and complimented on the first day I wore it to work! The Cobra yellow dial is VERY attention grabbing. Big Grin

Personally, I think it looks best on a green or grey NATO strap. It also looks ok on the Breitling leather strap but it’s not as comfortable as the NATO. It’s WAAAY too heavy on the stainless bracelet BUT it looks pretty good.

Yes, one of the things I notice is people looking at it. The yellow dial does stands out quite a lot and catches peoples attention.

I have a rule to buy a watch on a bracelet if it is available with one. Buying the watch on steel is a better deal overall than buying it on leather or rubber, then buying the bracelet later.
In the past when I went to buy a bracelet separately they tend to be very very expensive on their own.
I found I can get some nice leather or rubber straps afterwards at a better price.

With this watch the AD only had it on rubber so that's what I got. A few months later I contacted them to find out if they had the stainless steel bracelet available and he did so next time I saw him I bought one.
Thankfully he cut me a deal on the bracelet and sold it to me at just over cost because I bought the watch from him.

I tend to where mine on the bracelet most of the time, for me that's the most comfortable.

Again congratulations.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
That’s a pretty awesome Breitling, Stickman. I like it a lot. That’s why I stay out of this thread. Too many beauties I want to have a date with on my wrist.

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4317 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
New Helm Miyako day. Pictured with the nylon strap it was shipped with and the additional straps I added. I plan to put the khaki canvas strap on next.

I really like the style, feel and simplicity of the dial. The blue color is very understated, but classy. The only slight complaint is the size of the date. Pretty small!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39212 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice Helm!

Im still hovering at 642 on the list for the Khuraburi Titanium

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8519 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
The Miyako is my favorite of the Helm offerings.
Very nice!

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15967 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks! Good size for my wrist. I love the look of the Khuraburi, but I'm afraid it would be too big for me.

Stay safe in the city, CPD SIG!

ETA, thanks P250UA5! It looks a lot nicer in person to my eyes.

Shoot gun,
get check
Picture of Scoobaru
posted Hide Post
I love the blue Miyako, it is my favorite watch. I hope you enjoy yours!

Posts: 633 | Location: The pointy part of Nevada | Registered: March 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying it! Worn it all afternoon and put the canvas strap on it. Looks classy casual.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Thanks! Good size for my wrist. I love the look of the Khuraburi, but I'm afraid it would be too big for me.

Stay safe in the city, CPD SIG!

Will do! Thanks!!!
Ill post some interesting information later when I’m done with the shitshow. Probably in the Kackling Kammala thread.

A little dust up last night at United Center, nothing major…

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8519 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I don't have any picture hosting, but on Saturday I bought a Tudor Black Bay 58 GMT. I love the size and color way compared to the larger Black Bay GMT. Kind of funny, but I've seen online where there are two nicknames: Caffeine Free Diet Coke or Ironman. Either one works for me! Big Grin

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice watch Stickman!!!! I really like Breitlings. Some day….. some day…..

Posts: 4129 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Cheap watch time Big Grin
I picked this watch as a work anniversary gift out of dozens of other items. Guess I would rather look at this instead of a laptop, TV, or electric scooter when I think of my time at the company. Yeah, Quartz, but Miyoto isn't terrible I hear. This is a step up from my old Nautica Chrono (N19508G) which is Yuge. Forgot how fun it is to get the bracelet just right to account for my swoll days. They're like 40% off on Amazon so my company got off cheap.

Not quite the Bulova Lunar Pilot and certainly not the Seamaster Moonwatch, but it's very comfortable, keeps time, and all the hands align.

Marine Star 96B272

Posts: 3594 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Very nice MarineStar. I was looking at them when the Lunar Pilot caught my eye. I went for the LP.

You gotta hand it to Bulova/Citizen for the quality. Mine had perfect hand alignment as well.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7270 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Anyone recently get an email from Helm? To my shock my number came up on the Komodo stainless and Vanuatu Ti only a week apart! Eek

I my Helm collection will be doubling in size soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ A few posts up I got my new Miyako...but not the ones you mentioned.

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Latest addition to the herd: A limited edition (125 pieces total) collaboration between Germany's oldest hunting magazine and Sinn. I like the simplicity of this Model 836 and plan on taking it with me into the field when I go on an elk/mule deer hunt in Colorado, later this year.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10259 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post