SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Not a bad car in the background either, pulicords.

Got some ballers in here!

"We've been sitting next to a billionaire!"

I kind of need an Omega, but a Ti Helm will have to do, thanks to you enablers.

Posts: 5132 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I like that GS GMT. Grand Seiko's finishing and detail work is second to none. It beats Rolex and Omega every which way. I don't think any factory watch can touch them.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shallowenuf:

Thanks, I’ll keep researching. There are a lot of nuances to keep track of, plus condition and price. I have a Hamilton KHAKI AVIATION PILOT DAY DATE AUTO that I love.

First, Welcome to Sig Forum!!!

Second, STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD!
It starts with a Hamilton, a Citizen, a G-Shock, A TAG, then a Grand Seiko, all of a sudden you're messing around with a Marathon. Next thing you know there's an Omega lying next to you. You feel cheap and dirty. You think a Rolex is gonna do the trick. That doesn't scratch the itch so now you're messing with IWC, Patek, Piguet and Vacheron... It's a bad, downhill ride and everyone here is an enabler Big Grin (And I love 'em all!)
This one is gonna cost you a lot of money! Like LOTS and LOTS! I swear the Bourbon thread is cheaper, so is the You will buy a Glock one Wink

https://www.timeandwatches.com...ega-speedmaster.html

Here's a pretty good article on dates of manufacture, changes to the watch and a decent history of Omega Speedmasters.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
I really like the aviator-style face (large minute dial around a smaller hour dial) on my new Seiko SRPH29, so I went on the hunt for a black version. Not finding what I wanted from Seiko, with the option of the orange-and-black SRPH33 being a bit flashier than I wanted and the SNK809 being too small for my big wrists, I expanded my search to other brands and came across the Citizen Avion AW1361-01E. That has a more subdued color scheme like I wanted, and a larger 45mm diameter that should pair well with my large wrist. I now have one of those on the way to me.

Now I just need to decide what color/pattern of NATO strap to put on it.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
That's a sharp Citizen, Dave would've been my first call for anything in the Citizen line.

I don't see myself buying any more quartz watches. My Movado & Citizen scratch that itch. The autos are the ones calling to me.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
I don't see myself buying any more quartz watches. My Movado & Citizen scratch that itch. The autos are the ones calling to me.

This one's an Eco Drive, so while it's not an automatic, it also won't need the battery replaced every few years.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

This one's an Eco Drive, so while it's not an automatic, it also won't need the battery replaced every few years.

Mine's an EcoDrive too, and takes very little light to stay charged.
I actually haven't worn it in quite a while, and last I checked it was still showing a full charge.
And that's in our master BR which has no windows, just ambient light from the window in the closet & the occasional times the lights are on in the room.

Posts: 15304 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I like that GS GMT. Grand Seiko's finishing and detail work is second to none. It beats Rolex and Omega every which way. I don't think any factory watch can touch them.
They need to be seen in person to be appreciated. I tried few on, but wound up with the Omega I went to see in the first place. The Grand Seikos were stunning and I remarked to my son that I’d have to seriously upgrade my wardrobe if I bought one.

Posts: 10931 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
CPD SIG has spoken the best advice to be heard.

This thread is dangerous.

Well it took awhile but my family is now complete, there are still other variations but this will do for now or until the new Field Watch from Helm comes out.

Welcome the Miyako

Am absolutely blown away how nice these are.

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's a sharp Citizen, Dave would've been my first call for anything in the Citizen line.

I chose a quartz version of the Marathon I bought about a year ago. I don't wear a watch to work so I just would wear my old Citizen during weekend. I like the Marathon so much I put it on right after I take my barn clothes off during the week. I could/should have bought the automatic.

Posts: 7523 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out why I don't need a carbon fiber watch...

https://countycomm.com/collect...ver-watch-by-maratac

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8338 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of eTripper
posted Hide Post
Recently, I also; added another Helm to the watch stable. Looking to add an orange Komodo to go with my Khuraburi, and titanium Vanuatu. Definitely, a lot of value for the money.

Here it is, next to a couple of other micro-brands:

"We're after men - and I wish to God I was with them. The next time you make a mistake, I'm going to ride off and let you die." - Deke Thornton, - The Wild Bunch

Posts: 759 | Location: 'The Hive' beneath Raccoon City | Registered: February 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out why I don't need a carbon fiber watch...

https://countycomm.com/collect...ver-watch-by-maratac

Not bad, and not a bad price.
Not a big fan of the CF face, there.
Oris did a limited run for F1 driver Valtteri Bottas & IIRC it was a CF watch as well. That's one I'd like.
$4,700 on Joma [out of stock]

posted Hide Post
OOOOHHHHH!!!
That is nice! I like the longer case.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Doxa makes a carbon case diver that looks neat but their price tag is mental. Carbon doesn’t really tempt me all that much. DLC finish on stainless steel is a totally different story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by Shallowenuf:

Thanks, I’ll keep researching. There are a lot of nuances to keep track of, plus condition and price. I have a Hamilton KHAKI AVIATION PILOT DAY DATE AUTO that I love.

First, Welcome to Sig Forum!!!

Second, STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD!
It starts with a Hamilton, a Citizen, a G-Shock, A TAG, then a Grand Seiko, all of a sudden you're messing around with a Marathon. Next thing you know there's an Omega lying next to you. You feel cheap and dirty. You think a Rolex is gonna do the trick. That doesn't scratch the itch so now you're messing with IWC, Patek, Piguet and Vacheron... It's a bad, downhill ride and everyone here is an enabler Big Grin (And I love 'em all!)
This one is gonna cost you a lot of money! Like LOTS and LOTS! I swear the Bourbon thread is cheaper, so is the You will buy a Glock one Wink

https://www.timeandwatches.com...ega-speedmaster.html

Here's a pretty good article on dates of manufacture, changes to the watch and a decent history of Omega Speedmasters.

Thanks for the link and advice. Guns, watches, you name it, there’s no end to it. I probably won’t be buying a Glock anytime soon. But you never know. Maybe a Staccato.

Posts: 30 | Registered: October 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Doxa makes a carbon case diver that looks neat but their price tag is mental. Carbon doesn’t really tempt me all that much. DLC finish on stainless steel is a totally different story.

Doxa makes some beautiful watches and their price point is more than reasonable. Their Sub 300T and 1500T divers with the orange dial is very difficult to resist. Of course I'm a sucker for nice dials! I'd probably stay away from carbon bodied watches though. I hear that they are prone to scratches and not much can be done to fix them, once this occurs. The DLC treatments seem a better choice, BUT there is ONE carbon bodied watch that really got my attention, and that's the Coulson Limited Edition (1000 pieces) ProPilot offering by Oris!!! Anyone else seen these? What a watch!!!

https://www.oris.ch/en/watch/c...01-400-7784-8786-set

This message has been edited. Last edited by: pulicords,

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Those Dora's are nice, but that Oris I really like.
But at the same price, I'd have the VB77 edition over the orange.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Alert!! Either look away now or be tempted.

Sinn just came out with a new titanium watch with a unique new metal mixture that is sort of bronze gold. Love the blasted submarine steel look that my U2 has and this is starting to look tempting to me, must look away I must. Smile

Sinn T50

Posts: 3572 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
A titanium Sinn is quite tempting. Did Sinn ever make a U50 style watch with a day and date? I know it’s maybe a bit odd but one of the things I love about my Seiko Turtles and Sinn Arktis II is the day/date on the dial.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21101 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post