SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
Alert!! Either look away now or be tempted.

Sinn just came out with a new titanium watch with a unique new metal mixture that is sort of bronze gold. Love the blasted submarine steel look that my U2 has and this is starting to look tempting to me, must look away I must. Smile

Sinn T50

Drool, the goldbronze on just the bezel looks best to me.
The nearly $5k tag puts it out of possibility for me, for quite a while. Maybe 2nd hand, later.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
A titanium Sinn is quite tempting. Did Sinn ever make a U50 style watch with a day and date? I know it’s maybe a bit odd but one of the things I love about my Seiko Turtles and Sinn Arktis II is the day/date on the dial.

I dont think they did, love your Arktis, one of the things I like about Sinn not a lot of them and they have some really neat models, everyone was looking at DLC watches, look at the Sinn U1 MOP in DLC, dang that thing is temptation pure.

Sinn U1 MOP

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shallowenuf:

Thanks for the link and advice. Guns, watches, you name it, there’s no end to it. I probably won’t be buying a Glock anytime soon. But you never know. Maybe a Staccato.

No problem! Again, Welcome Aboard!
There's a ton of people on Sig Forum that have a huge depth of knowledge on a vast array of subjects. Guns, Bourbon and these damn Watches are just among a few!
Staccato? Talking about an Omega?
Nice choices Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Hey, thanks for bringing up Sinns! Wink

I've been stuck looking around the net at them....again.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Haven't posted a "wrist shot" of any of my watches in a long time.

Here is my 1986 5 digit serial number Sinn 156 Military on a Jurgen’s custom goatskin BUND strap that was made from a well worn US military flight jacket commissioned by a US Army Colonel friend. Mine sports a factory Sinn leather strap buckle.
Movement is the Lemania 5100.

Not sure why the hands appear yellow...might have been the flash and the old lume as they look white normally.

I have a second 156 Mil which is a six digit serial number from 1989. It is worn with either a Sinn factory padded two piece strap with Sinn deployant or a MN parachute strap.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
^^^^^Love those Bund Straps need to get one.

Posts: 3560 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My newly acquired Orient from Stickman with new shoes. I have never had a silicone or rubber band this comfortable, It's from Alpine

This message has been edited. Last edited by: BigSwede,

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats, that's a sharp piece.
Was still talking myself into picking up a 2nd blue watch & you saved my wallet.

Still contemplating the Phoibos...

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The Orient looks great on that strap! Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Looks very nice!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
We could probably start a whole thread on straps! I just replaced the OEM leather strap that came with my Hamilton Khaki Aviation Converter GMT with this Crown and Buckle Supreme NATO strap in Midnight blue. A much more comfy fit and not bad looking either. Crown and Buckle has some great options for strap monsters and at reasonable prices too. https://www.crownandbuckle.com/

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I've been a big fan of NATO straps ever since I was first convinced to try them out several years ago. I find them to be much more comfortable and stylish than the cheap two-piece leather or plastic straps that typically come on low/mid tier watches.

I've ordered 4 new watches in the past month, and purchased either a nylon or leather NATO strap to install on every single one of them.

Got this new one set up with a black leather NATO strap just yesterday:

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Looks good!
The only one I want to replace the strap on, is my Citizen CZ Smart, the rubber strap grips to everything & needs a half hole to fit just right for me.
But it's a 26mm [per Citizen] lug width, C&B stops at 24mm
And of course, now Citizen offers the CZ Smart Hybrid with a bracelet.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Thanks pulicords!! I was on the fence and your post helped me decided to pull the trigger on some NATO straps in similar shades to what you posted. It has to match a Sinn Arktis so grey/light ice blue is what I’m thinking.

Great looking watches everyone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Thanks pulicords!! I was on the fence and your post helped me decided to pull the trigger on some NATO straps in similar shades to what you posted. It has to match a Sinn Arktis so grey/light ice blue is what I’m thinking.

Great looking watches everyone.

My pleasure! That Sinn is one beautiful watch and I'm sure that color NATO will look great on it! I'm looking forward to seeing the post!

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few NATO straps, and really like them. Unfortunately I found out about the seatbelt straps after I got the NATOs...
They're on the list of "stuff to get"!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Seiko tends to make dials that catch the eye. In a LOADED case full of Seiko watches at my AD and for the first time ever a Sumo caught my attention.

The latest titanium Sumo fixed the odd hands of the previous gen and now they look great. Pics do not do this dial justice. In the pics it almost resembles a mother of pearl dial with its odd shade of ice blue/purple that really catches your eye. In real life it doesn’t look like a MOP dial. I never felt the urge to own a Sumo but the hot rodded 6R35 offers legit benefits over the 4R36 & NH35/36 Seiko automatics.

It’s not affordable but compared to the other titanium spring drive Seiko diver I fancy I suppose it’s quite affordable. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Seiko and Grand Seiko offer some of the most beautiful dials in the watch industry. I recently bought this Seiko "Save the Oceans" Prospex SPB297 , a "Re-interpretation" of their 1965 Diver. While the movement leaves a bit to be desired IMHO, the diver is intended as a present to my stepson for his birthday and it will be his introduction to mechanical watches.

Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Love me some Seiko Save the Ocean Great White Shark, you can see the shark fin on the second hand and at the 0800 position on the dial.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Woke to the email from Helm that I’ll be getting my order email in the next five days for my Komodo. Now to really figure out what colorway to go with. I think the only one that is for sure a nope is the black dial with aqua lume. Leaning towards the orange dial, but the white with aqua looks great. Could probably wear the black dial and white lume with anything, but where’s the fun in that? Wink

Posts: 17061 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post