SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Does this mean I need a third Omega??? Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:

DUH!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScreamingCockatoo:
quote:

DUH!

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38674 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

DUH!

N+1 Big Grin

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lemme stir the pot a little more.
It was my wife's Uncle's.
Ne was the Meteorologist for all of Gemeni and Apollo.

WOW!!! THAT is a grail watch!!! What a history!!! Eek

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10194 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My friend at work asked me to repair his Hamilton Khaki quartz LL Bean edition his father gave him before he died.

No problem it has an ETA 955 in it, so if it's bad I can just replace it.

Well, I had enough parts to fix the inexpensive movement to keep it as original as possible!

Well, he asked if he could buy my Hamilton railroad pocket watch from me. I'm like sure, lemme see what I have in it. (not much)

Well, then he let me know WHY. He found out he has pancreatic cancer and it's not looking so good. He wants a classy pocket watch on a chain (a Hamilton would be a bonus for a reason) to be buried with cause he wants a steampunk funeral.

I refused to sell him the watch.

He will get it tomorrow as a gift from me as we have been friends for over 15 years. It's all I got other than all of my vacation I am going to donate while his LTD insurance requirements activate.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Good for you, Mars! I'm always sorry to hear bad news like that.

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Your a good friend Mars.

We have a small office and had the misfortune of losing 2 employees to pancreatic cancer. It’s almost always found too late to intervene, death was pretty quick, and can get ugly.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Since my wife said 'NO' to this one for my Christmas gift this year I have had to start a Go Fund Me account... it's up to $6.84 so far!

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It's from France, just like the Coneheads.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh wow Marzy! That’s sweet. There is a lot to like with that watch from an aesthetic standpoint.

I love the yellow hands! The hands look similar to my Le Jour Chronograph. On your watch that yellow really pops.

I like the “patent pending” text is curved like the text on first generation Tudor Black Bay aka the “smiley” because of the way the text looks like a smile. Smile

Putting “France” at the 6 o’clock position on the dial is also much better than the ubiquitous “Swiss Made” text that is so common.

I REALLY like that Yema.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
Marzy you are a class act.

Posts: 7525 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Whoa buddy those Zelos Spearfish GMT watches sold out QUICK!

I hesitated literally a few hours on launch day and in that time both the aventurine and meteorite dials sold out. Frown

Zelos always sells fast but dang!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21105 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Just saw an Polar Explorer II on Hodinkee for $3k less than one was a few months ago. Looks like it's true that high end watch prices are falling

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:
Just saw an Polar Explorer II on Hodinkee for $3k less than one was a few months ago. Looks like it's true that high end watch prices are falling

Yes, I just saw white dial Rolex Daytona prices about $10,000 less than I saw them at the height of the market.

The Polar II is the only Rolex I would ever wear.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
The new-product Rolex bubble has popped. Selling prices are lower than asking and asking is way lower than prior. Greys have liquidated inventory to lower-scale greys. Guys who never carried Rolex have the full lineup on offer. Older model Rolex have come off peak some, but I'm not noticed near the cave-in with them. Say, a 16570. Not so much down.

If you want a Rolex. Now is the best time in years to just hit ADs, make yourself known. Show them that you're local. I believe anyone can land one at retail this year. (Daytona need not apply).

Posts: 11383 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Some of you may not have noticed my karma, which Para kindly "stickyed" on the top of the Gallery page:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...6031561/m/2560048694

You can take my spot on the Helm Komodo waiting list. My estimate is it will come up in February 2023.

See the post for full details.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post

Omega website Seamaster Christmas graphic

Posts: 4028 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I can’t really say I’m surprised to see this attempted tomfoolery. These two models sold out literally in hours on launch day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Bummer that these limited release models get scooped up just with the intent to flip.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15313 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post