SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pulicords:
I've been looking at the pilot watch offerings by IWC and Sinn. Both have attractive chrono features, but the Sinn 206 Arktis II on an "H-Link" bracelet is particularly interesting to me, not just because it's 43mm size fits well, but do to it's 300 meter water resistance. It's beautiful and extremely tough.

ETA: Sinn certainly has a great variety of offerings, worthy of closer looks and discussion. My tegimented U1 has become one of my favorites for everyday wear.

^^^^ pulicords, funny you should mention that Sinn 206 Arktis II.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Very nice, like that one a lot.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That Sinn Arktis is one of the watches that’s been on my radar a looooooooong time. Superb build quality and components, exquisite Valjoux 7750 movement that Sinn has worked over themselves to ensure exquisite time keeping. It also has a gorgeous dial and ability to withstand both extreme cold and heat that far exceeds what a human can withstand. All in all that makes for a damn solid “do everything” watch.

Another interesting watch that is similar or at least has some similarities that remind me of the Sinn 206 is Breitling’s Navtimer 8 (P40/ Curtis Warhawk version). It has the same size case (43mm), similar dial layout, rotating bezel, and day/date configuration. While there are a few interesting similarities the Breitling definitely takes a more utilitarian field/tool watch aesthetic….something maybe a bit out of the ordinary for Breitling who is typically more flashy in my eyes. It’s interesting because the Sinn Arktis is the opposite and more flashy compared to the vast majority of more utilitarian watches Sinn makes.

This version gets the super sweet in-house B01 movement which is QUITE a nice movement when you delve into its specs. This movement boasts a column wheel and vertical clutch. It also picks up a well executed display case back to showcase that brilliant mechanical masterpiece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
It was a painful learning experience…

Frown

Now I feel bad for prying.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
With the 1603 transaction done, I was kind of going to stay put for a bit, but I've changed my mind. I'm gonna move this one next. So,... parting shot so to speak.

The IWC 3706 Flieger Chronograph

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I like that! Sure as hell can't afford it, but I really like that.

Posts: 17125 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Agreed, that IWC & the Sinn are likely well outside my current budget, but I can drool on the window.

Got talking watches with one of our lab guys, he said about 10 of his 12 [quartz] watches (at least 7 Movados) were dead & he mistook my Seiko Monster for a Rolex, just from the constant sweep seconds hand.

Got me looking at Speedmaster Moonwatches & was surprised to see them lower than I expected, but still outside my realistic current budget.
Easily top 3 on my want list.

Posts: 15318 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
A classic Speedmaster Professional is a worthy grail.

Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
There’s a reason I stay out of this thread. Damn, now I’m getting the itch again…

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
A classic Speedmaster Professional is a worthy grail.

Like a 1971 NASA Property?

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Oh, hell yeah!

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Oh wow! Eek

Very nice!!

Man just when I thought I was out Zelos has pulled me back in….

Zelos’s new Spearfish GMT comes in some seriously sweet color combinations.

The soon to be released Zelos Spearfish GMT

The aventurine, meteorite, frost and especially the “bumblebee” colorway are all so tempting!!!!

The timing of their launch sucks but the early bird discount is quite tempting. Zelos watches with desirable dials/color combinations tend to sell out FAST and then pop up on eBay used for the same if not more than the slightly discounted launch price tag.

Ugh must resist…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Oh wow! Eek

Very nice!!

Man just when I thought I was out Zelos has pulled me back in….

Zelos’s new Spearfish GMT comes in some seriously sweet color combinations.

The soon to be released Zelos Spearfish GMT

The aventurine, meteorite, frost and especially the “bumblebee” colorway are all so tempting!!!!

The timing of their launch sucks but the early bird discount is quite tempting. Zelos watches with desirable dials/color combinations tend to sell out FAST and then pop up on eBay used for the same if not more than the slightly discounted launch price tag.

Ugh must resist…

Interesting, really like the meteorite, but the bezel on the Frost, and maybe a different color [orange maybe?] GMT hand. Put those together & I'd be mighty tempted.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
That is cool, Marzy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
It belongs to SC. He axed me to post it up.

Yes, it's an authentic NASA property Speedmaster.

I've offered him upwards of $18,000 for the watch and he still refuses.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:

Like a 1971 NASA Property?

I'm drooling!
That's a beautiful Speedmaster in excellent condition!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8345 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Lemme stir the pot a little more.
It was my wife's Uncle's.
Ne was the Meteorologist for all of Gemeni and Apollo.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Respect SC!

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Very classy!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
Speedys just oooze class!

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post