SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 ... 471
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Ugh. I take the plunge and get myself a nice Omega Seamaster and BAM a short while later I get offered a nice full kit Sinn 206 Arktis II on the fine stainless steel bracelet (the most expensive to purchase separately) for $2800! Eek

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21060 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ It'll suck to own both! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chasing Bugholes
Picture of jelrod1
posted Hide Post
Fenix 7 came in today.

Posts: 1771 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: March 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Love the discussion fellas….my buddy is now on the Helm Komodo waiting list.

My latest acquisition… not exactly an impulse buy…. but pretty much an impulse buy. Had it just over a week and loving it.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Don't think I've seen an IWC I disliked, that one looks great, especially with the blue face.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Thanks. That sweep red second hand is great. And I am a sucker for blue faces.

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1768 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
So. My favorite crack dealer -- I mean, um, watch salesperson -- texted me yesterday, trying to tempt me with a Seiko SPB131 (below, left). I like the face of it, I told her, but I think the bezel is a bit busy.

Then I proceeded to ask her if she had SPB313 (below, right), just knowing she wouldn't.

Less than 20 minutes later, I got another message from her -- a picture, showing SPB313 in her hand. Dangit!

Stickman: ya gotta get over there and buy that one, because I can't right now.

- - - - -
Edited to add hyperlinks.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Posts: 13421 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ooh, really like that Presage. Good thing it's in black & not blue.

Posts: 15148 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I can call her and check on that blue one for ya. Wink

God bless America.

Posts: 13421 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:

I'm going back to the Glock thread where it's cheaper, and I'm not coming back! Razz

bla, bla, bla....

The $ is behind 3 Glocks. The other Glock is my EDC, and then the one at work. So do I really need another Glock? (Please don't answer that question!)
I'm about 98.36% sure this chunk-o-change is going towards an Omega.
Unless the refrigerator crapps out on me.

DAMNIT!!!!!
So... My gun crack dealer and most beloved neighbor caught me today. See, most of you would think that it's cool having a gun dealer living yards from your residence. Thankfully he's moving soon.

I'm here to confirm otherwise.
Guess who's buying a G-34 MOS with a Trigicon and a TLR-1. about a dozen magazines and a handful of 30 round ones too. I guess that Omega is going to wait just a little longer.

I'm just going to keep my mouth shut from now on!

OH....
BEAUTIFUL IWC!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8318 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I can call her and check on that blue one for ya. Wink

No no no....
What msrp on that? Razz

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'll find out for ya, pal.

"Asking for a friend..." Razz

- - - - -
ETA: I added links in the previous post. Y'know, just to help you out if you're curious. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: vthoky,

God bless America.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
For the folks that like a little orange on a watch...

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Nice!!! I’ve always been fond of black and orange as a color combo on a watch.

Whenever I see black and orange I think of a certain bad ass motorcycle company whose colors are black and orange, Kronreif & Trunkenpolz Mattighofen or the manufacturer more commonly known as KTM. Big Grin

VTHoky, that is a gorgeous Seiko. I wasn’t expecting our local fun store to have one in stock. I think I’ve reached my watch acquisition limit for the month year with some recent additions. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21060 | Location: North Carolina  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Like some other things, I probably have more watches than I ought to… but it doesn’t stop me from wanting one more.

I may go visit our friend shortly. The unfortunate part of that is that there’s not likely any price break to be had.

God bless America.

Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post

Back on the beads of rice. Had it on a isofrane for a long while. Beads of rice is so comfortable. Feels like I got a new watch Even though I bought it new in 08.

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1137 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
I've always admired Doxa. I really like the orange, but would probably cave and get black instead out of concern that I wouldn't wear it as much other wise. Maybe next spring for #BeachWatch23. Still have the Tudor FXD though, so not sure I'm willing to sell it yet. Even though I haven't worn it in several months now.

Posts: 11351 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing a thing or two
about a thing or two
Picture of hray
posted Hide Post

Can't go wrong with the sharkhunter (black). Gave the far left one to my son and far right one to my daughter last Xmas

P226 NSWG
P220 W. German
P239 SAS gen2
P6 1980 W. German
P228 Nickel
P365XL
M400 SRP

Posts: 1137 | Location: South Miami Dade | Registered: May 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Those Doxa watches are so sweet.

In my eyes Doxa is the watch company for true hardcore watch enthusiasts. Why? Doxa flies under the radar but has quietly been making great watches. Doxa has the history and a truly iconic design that has withstood the test of time.

Doxa watches are a true joy to own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
I'll find out for ya, pal.

"Asking for a friend..." Razz

- - - - -
ETA: I added links in the previous post. Y'know, just to help you out if you're curious. Big Grin

Looks like list via Seiko on the black Presage is just sub-900.
Maybe later, 2nd hand when you tire of it Wink