SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 34
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Looks like people have been posting leaked footage from Disney's recent convention showing a trailer of S.3 of The Mandalorian. Not going to post it, I believe Para isn't too fond of pirated vids, search around and you'll find it.

In short, looks like the action and tempo either picks-up or, they cherry-picked every action scene and stitched it together. Part of the allure of this show, was it wasn't a jump-cut/action-fest like many of the other SW projects resulting in giant plot-holes and poor story progression; the tempo and pacing were what set it apart. Hopefully, Faverau and Filoni are able to keep Kennedy and her ilk away from this project and what's shown is simply a bone to their wants/likes.

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Mandalorian is the only good thing to come out of Disney in 10-15 years.

Watch the Season 2 episode with Ashoka and pit that against anything else Disney, let alone Star Wars.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
Watch the Season 2 episode with Ashoka and pit that against anything else Disney, let alone Star Wars.

Agreed.

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:

Agreed.

Third'd.
I don't think they cast a good actress for her though. Mila Kunis would have been better.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Yeah that’s a tough one. Yes maybe someone more youthful looking, but I know Filoni wanted the character to be more measured and tempered against Anakin’s impulsiveness. I think the current actress did pretty well in that regard, but hopefully they don’t Kennedy the character in the standalone series.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9144 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mandalorian is the only good thing to come out of Disney in 10-15 years.

Rogue One

Posts: 14574 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
s.3 trailer is out, looks like they've expanded the number of supporting characters, and involving more from other SW franchises.

The teaser trailer from several months ago looks like a more interesting show than the recently released 'official trailer Maybe its the heightened tension with Bo-Katan and the Mandalorian Civil War and the impending clash with other Mandalorian groups.

Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Until they bring back Gina Carano, Disney minus can suck it.

It didn't help that they bastardized Obi-Wan and Boba Fett either. I've lost all interest in the SW and Marvel franchise as well as all Disney animation.

We cancelled our D- sub after the twerking episode of She Hulk. I never watched the show, but just knowing how trashy they've become as a studio was enough to make me pull the ripcord.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Disney has been up-and-down with how they handle Star Wars. Obviously, we all recognize that the sequel trilogy was atrocious and that they seriously damaged favorite characters in Book of Boba Fett and Obi-Wan. But they do get some things right, such as Rogue One, The Mandalorian, and Andor.

Disney may be bad but it's not DC bad.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The Mandalorian, Season 1, Episode 1, premiered on the ABC broadcast network this evening.

Discovered it entirely by accident.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
The Mandalorian, Season 1, Episode 1, premiered on the ABC broadcast network this evening.

They need to generate interest in order to drive new subscribers to D+. The Mandalorian is the best IP they've got going. The new programs they've rolled-out lately are not only horrible but, surprisingly offense, as in no-shit, you got to be shitting me?!?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
You cannot please all people and all communities all the time. When you try to do that you eventually end up pleasing no one.

How naive is Disney to think the absolute shit
that they are making now won’t be deemed offensive or problematic by future societies?

Be bold Disney, put a trigger warning on the new Willow series for being a retarded, lazy, woke shit fest that is both painful to watch and flips the middle finger to anyone who liked the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21078 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Disney as the giant corporation recently slashed 7,000 employees in mass layoffs and announced a 2.4-million subscriber loss to streaming service Disney+. All of this came as the network endured yet another woke controversy as a kids cartoon show on the streaming service lectured children about "white fragility" and denounced Abraham Lincoln.  But these latest problems for Disney are not new and are only the latest in what is closing in on a year of woke disasters, instability at the top of the company and financial problems. Here are some of the many problems Disney has endured in 2022 and 2023. 

As part of its "Stories Matter" initiative, Disney recently announced that it added a new advisory to some of its films that are available on the Disney Plus streaming platform.

The advisory message informs viewers that the movie they're about to watch contains racial stereotypes that "were wrong then and are wrong now," and that the content contains scenes that perpetuate "negative depictions" of people and cultures.Disney added a new advisory message that plays before six movies on its Disney Plus streaming platform.

Movies that will display the advisory include "Peter Pan," "The Aristocats," "The Jungle Book," "Lady and the Tramp," "Dumbo," and "Swiss Family Robinson." The change is part of Disney's "Stories Matter" initiative, which is meant to improve how the company's stories represent all people and communities.

Also, With the new season of The "Proud Family: Louder and Prouder" which debuted on Disney+. The show, a revival of an early 2000s animated show, revolves around a group of kids growing up in modern America in 2023.  The new season also contains elements of Critical Race Theory, identifies one of the White characters in the show as guilty of "white fragility," denounces Abraham Lincoln as not "caring" about ending slavery, and had the children discuss toppling statues of people they disagree with. Makes you wonder why subscribers are cutting them loose huh?

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
And getting the thread back on track...

S3Ep1 is out. And a good start by laying out the story and re-introducing the players. No spoilers yet, but the reference to Rebels was really cool, and hopefully hinting towards Asohka's story.

edit. Season 3, not 2.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: IrishWind,

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just re-watched the last episode of season 2 to remind myself where we are. Can’t wait. Tried to get into Andor but first few episodes were slow and lost interest. Star Wars hard core’s swear by it so maybe I’ll give it another go. I have a week vacation coming soon and maybe I will binge watch it.

XM patriot channel 125 has had this hour long desantis chat where he had his wife, that hard core congressman form KY and FL a speaker of house on. He talks briefly about the Disney CEO called him and Ron warned him but Disney went through with their public stupidity and now they will pay bigly. The fact almost every Disney movie ever is on their AP on my Tv but not any of the south or other super duper triggering films is lame. No problem we bought an offshore version of the DVD to show it to our kids when they were little.

Posts: 4737 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You also need to watch the Episodes 5 and 6 of Book of Boba Fett to catch up. They are Mandalorian episodes that have important stuff for setting up Season 3. A lot of changes since the Season 2 finale that don’t make sense unless you watched those two BoBF episodes.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
quote:

They need to generate interest in order to drive new subscribers to D+.
It looks like that's all it was, too, because, it turns out, there are no further episodes scheduled.

Ain't gonna work on my wife and I, Disney. Nice try. Frack off

We're looking for another streaming service, having cancelled HBO Max today. Not that we were considering Disney, anyway, but, now they're definitely out of the running.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're looking for another streaming service, having cancelled HBO Max today.

Amazon Prime Video has been hosting a lot of the older HBO episodic titles. The movie selection in general is pretty ho-hum, though. At this point, I can't really say any service is all that great.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Amazon Prime Video has been hosting a lot of the older HBO episodic titles.
I don't want to haul this thread OT any further than I have, already.

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Caught it last night. It was neither great, nor bad. Somewhat meh. Not much new. Would have liked a double episode as a first drop. I guess I'll hold spoilers a bit more. At least, I'm not gonna be the first. Though spoilers would be more fun that Disney=bad posts. (which while true... are boring Wink ).

Posts: 11355 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post