SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
Great to see Zeb, more rebels getting into live-action. Unfortunately, once again Star Wars regardless of program, has zero military or, martial knowledge.

Carson Teva who's assigned to a patrol outpost in the Outer Rim, travels ALL THE WAY to Coruscant to meet with a requisition officer, seeking authorization to repel an assault on Navarro...huh? Who's the CO of that outpost? He has a 'feeling' about the Empire?

Aren't the Mandalorian's supposed to be known for their martial & technical skills? We've yet to see any unique or, distinct fighting ability from them, other than they walk around in metal armor like they're knights from the Middle Ages wearing jet-packs.

It’s Star Wars. They all have feelings. Bad ones.

Using hyperspace, how much time does it really take to get to Coruscant?

The whole scene though was just odd and not very Star Wars in my mind. It’s like he burst into the offices of Comcast and asked to speak to the manager. I really half expected some one to pop into the office asking about the whereabouts of his stapler.

Yes, the Mandalorians are completely hokey. I suspect the show doesn’t pay the extras a lot.

Updated for 4/5’s show:

Great Scott! They’ve jumped the Jurassic shark.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10953 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jack Black and a tranny bouquet. I'm done. I can't take the constant pushing of pedophile trannys anymore. What's worse is that it's so prevalent that I instantly noticed the giant tranny flag in the form of a giant ribbon flower in pink and blue.

Posts: 664 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tranny bouquet? huh...are you talking about Lizzo, we're lucky she didn't prance around in a leotard like she usually does Eek

Season-3 is either written by or, for ten-year olds. What used to be a show with simple, straight forward stories, has turned into some idiotic video game-centric show. It's getting close to Galaxy Quest/Boba Fett silliness...without the irony.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I admit the writing for this season has been sloppy, especially when the episode focuses on Mando and his story line. Two more episodes left and we still don't have any serious big baddie outside the Imperials destroying Bo-Katan's palace. There have been a couple clues dropped, but you have to know what you saw to get the clue. Yes, I'm being cagey to avoid what I think will be a big spoiler.

As for the episode Hired Guns, it was cute. A bit of a Scooby Doo detective story. Jack Black is not a favorite actor of mine. While I think he was cast right, he is a man of a hundred roles, but always the same character in each.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thought the ending was a bit of a nerf. “Oh here, it’s been yours since the second episode of the season. I’ve just been holding on to it so I can present it later when it’s more dramatic.”

This episode seemed mostly filler, made just to give a couple of people cameo roles. The only relevant bit to the story arc this season was at the end. I never did figure out what Christopher Lloyd’s plan was.

Also have to say that Grogu is wearing a bit thin. He’s really doing nothing except look cute for a few minutes in each episode.

Only two more episodes left this season, so things are going to need to come together.

Posts: 3336 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Grogu storyline should have ended with him going with Luke. Because Grogu ages so slowly, the series could go on for years and he's still a child. If he aged more like a human, we could expect some character development and growth, maybe have Mando deal with a rebellious teenage Grogu or have him having real conversations. But, as it is Mando will be at the mandalorian retirement home by the time the kid is potty trained.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3537 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah it is wearing quite thin at this point.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigspecops:
The Grogu storyline should have ended with him going with Luke.

Strong rumor that Kennedy insisted that Grogu remain apart of the Mandalorian storyline hence, the debacle halfway through Book of Boba Fett, with the insertion of the Din Djarin storyline and Grogu choosing the chain mail over Yoda's lightsaber. For all the momentum the end of s.2 had, it was chewed-up, drowned in sauce and spit-out.

Season-3 is looking more like Kennedy took an active hand in overseeing its development. Its believed Faverau and Filoni had no plans to advance the Grogu storyline as a main character, instead Grogu is now a character accessory until the big finale where he uses the Force to 'connect with the Mythosauer' and Bo-Katan gets to ride the beast.

Posts: 14657 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trickedtrix
posted Hide Post
Bad Batch has been a considerable improvement over Mandalorian

*Handguns are fine, Shotguns are final

Posts: 1237 | Location: IL | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Thought the ending was a bit of a nerf. “Oh here, it’s been yours since the second episode of the season. I’ve just been holding on to it so I can present it later when it’s more dramatic.”

Yeah, after all this "The DarkSaber can ONLY be won in combat" turned into, "hey, you picked this off the floor - I guess it's yours now." Weaksauce.

quote:
This episode seemed mostly filler, made just to give a couple of people cameo roles. The only relevant bit to the story arc this season was at the end. I never did figure out what Christopher Lloyd’s plan was.

You could skip ALL the episode but for the last (disappointing) two minutes and not miss anything important. The cameos were distracting. I like Black and Lloyd, but what were they smoking when they put those guys in there? It's like the episode was written for toddlers. I've seen Paw Patrol episodes (nephew loved the show) with better storytelling, writing, and content.

quote:
Also have to say that Grogu is wearing a bit thin. He’s really doing nothing except look cute for a few minutes in each episode.

As much as I like him, he plays no real part in the series after Season 2. He is simply a cute fashion accessory.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Kennedy has been fucking up the live action SW properties. The two Mando episodes in Book of Boba Fett were lifted from Season 3. So yes, the plot line is a bit slow this season since they have to fill what was needed for try to band aid BoBF. The good news is I'm hearing she is on the way out and fighting with the house of mouse to try to save some face.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Kennedy has been fucking up the live action SW properties. The two Mando episodes in Book of Boba Fett were lifted from Season 3. So yes, the plot line is a bit slow this season since they have to fill what was needed for try to band aid BoBF. The good news is I'm hearing she is on the way out and fighting with the house of mouse to try to save some face.

If I had a Republic credit for every time I've heard this... I could have an Imperial Cruiser. She's not going anywhere, they have had 100 chances to remove her. She is still there. They want her there.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mistake Not...
Picture of Loswsmith
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
The Mandalorian isn’t Mando. It’s Grogu.

Mind = BLOWN!!

Mistake not my current state of joshing gentle peevishness for the awesome and terrible majesty of the towering seas of ire that are themselves the milquetoast shallows fringing my vast oceans of wrath.

Velocitas Incursio Vis - Gandhi

Posts: 1957 | Location: T-town in the 253 | Registered: January 16, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Nerdrotic is not mincing words...

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3925 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
The woman who killed Star Wars.... no shit.

I'm gone. No more Disney+ for us.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16223 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I guess tomorrow's episode leaked, and I've seen a few spoil sports out there posting reviews of it already. Avoiding them like the plague, but come on.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Star Wars is always best viewed from the expectation that it is written aimed at 10 year old boys.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5646 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
⬆️ He's right.

Had to remind myself of that fact watching the last episode. If I was eight or so it would have rocked.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I'm probably the harshest critic there is. I didn't have any issues with the last episode of Mandalorian.

It played out like an episode of Clone Wars, and it was great. A planet of excess that hasn't really known war, ruled by people that aren't clued into anything, really. A chase in the streets, a mystery, and a resolution.

Add to that Din's great little "gotcha" about the dark saber, which he really didn't want anyway.

Honestly, there's a lot of dog shit star wars out there, and this wasn't it. I can understand if it wasn't people's favorite episode, but the way people are raging about it on the internet is stupid, especially the people that didn't give it a fair shake for what it was. The "content creators" like Nerdrotic (who I really enjoy watching) and ClownfishTV etc.

I hope Ahsoka is great. I hope the rest of the season of Mandalorian (people not person) is great.

I didn't mind this latest episode a bit.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9160 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post