SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    The Mandalorian (Disney+)
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Mandalorian (Disney+) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Veeper:
I'm probably the harshest critic there is. I didn't have any issues with the last episode of Mandalorian.

What I genuinely appreciate about you, is that you can appreciate a story for what it is, just a story.

I judge Star Wars by what I want it to be, not by what George Lucas‘s design has always been from the beginning.

In someways I envy you.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
I agree that there is a lot of Star Wars (sticking with what is on screen) that has something for everyone. Some series, like Andor, are more adult oriented. And some are more kid friendly. This last episode felt both like a kid episode and filler. I'm really hoping the next two episodes kick it up a notch.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Star Wars is always best viewed from the expectation that it is written aimed at 10 year old boys.

And I am good with that. Anymore I just like fun simple entertainment. I am not a Star Wars junkie and don’t know all the ins and out but enjoy to watch them.
I have enjoyed The Mandalorain I like Jack Black and despise Lizzo and was dreading the worst as I had read a couple comments in here.
It was not bad really.

It’s fun to see folks differences of opinions. Lots of folks here disliked The Book of Boba after and The Mandalorian and loved Andor.
I liked Boba Fett and The Mandalorian and did not really enjoy Andor.

But like I said I am so in the boat of juvenile easy shoes currently.

I am really enjoying The Secrets of Sulphur Springs on Disney+ and it is pretty juvenile.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25437 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
I havent tried Andor yet. I really need to.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9163 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're in for a treat. It's the best Star Wars yet in my opinion. And I am including the entirety of the catalog in my judgement.

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

You're in for a treat. It's the best Star Wars yet in my opinion. And I am including the entirety of the catalog in my judgement.

It’s interesting that folks keep saying this one is the best Star Wars yet.
To me it is least Star Wars like of any of them.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25437 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Andor is a slower paced show. But it takes that time for character development, story telling, and world building. Even that, there will be a time or two where you will be hoping the pace picks up. But by the conclusion you will think it is worth it.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
Mando is back on track. Today's episode is good.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
I'm really hoping the next two episodes kick it up a notch.

quote:
Originally posted by IrishWind:
Mando is back on track. Today's episode is good.

Yep. Much better than the last one.

Posts: 10999 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I weep for IG-11. A bad-ass assassin droid who went out like a boss, only to be brought back as nothing more than a Grogu controlled baby bjorn to shlep him around. Sad, but I’m sure the new IG-12 toys will sell well, and that’s what really counts.

Posts: 3340 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of scot818
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
Star Wars is always best viewed from the expectation that it is written aimed at 10 year old boys girls.

(Fixed it for you)

And now add the alphabet crowd.

Posts: 1442 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: May 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
Watched the new episode today. I was not impressed. Sure, it was better than last week's, but that didn't take much since that one stunk so bad.

The season started out so well, and then it just died after the 3-4th episode or so.

I agree- it's as though the series was written for children. Grogu is nothing more than a prop to sell toys. Sure, he's still ridiculously cute, but he plays no real part. This week, he was just in the way. Then, during the really important part, he just sort of got lost in the background. He has no purpose in the show anymore.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I kinda felt sorry for the people of Nevarro. They see this tremendous display of friendly firepower flying overhead and have to think to themselves that they won't need to worry about interlopers for the foreseeable future. A day or two later, the fleet takes off and leaves them to fend for themselves.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18026 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Laugh or Die
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10202 | Location: NC | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude fired that Gatling blaster Until it melted !

I thought that was a good episode to bring the story back. Not sure how they are gonna wrap this all up in a bow next week. Unless another cliff hanger for next season.

Posts: 4782 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else think The Armorer is one of Moff Gidion’s spies? She was keeping her people off of Mandalore by saying it was uninhabitable, which allowed him free hand to set up his secret base. Plus, you think she’d be first in line to head to the Great Forge, but instead decides to fly some wounded Mandalorians up to the fleet. Thinking a kamikaze run on the ex-imperial cruiser to take it out.

Posts: 3340 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Quiet Man
posted Hide Post
I'm getting bad vibes from the Armourer, but I hope they don't make her a spy. At least not for Gideon. Wouldn't make much sense seeing as how she pretty much single handedly wiped out Gideon's troops that breached the covert in the first season.

I really thought they were going to set up a take on Heir to the Empire with Mandalorians standing in for the Noghri. Warrior culture with a religious fanaticism towards their poisoned home world deceived by the Empire into servitude who are slowly shown the truth by off world outcasts. Nope. Secret base that any Bond villain would be proud of with mustache twirling villain monologue.

Posts: 2594 | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
I've seen it twice now and I STILL don't know who the spies were, in the episode titled "The Spies.". .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21853 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I've seen it twice now and I STILL don't know who the spies were, in the episode titled "The Spies.". .

First one was obvious. The former Imperial who brain wiped Dr Pershing.
As for the second, people are focusing on the helmets of Moff Gideon and the Armorer.

Dirt Sailors Unite!

Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by r0gue:
quote:

It’s interesting that folks keep saying this one is the best Star Wars yet.
To me it is least Star Wars like of any of them.

It is certainly the most important Star Wars ever. This sets up perhaps the most implausible yet necessary element of the Star Wars mythology. That a galaxy of different beings, would/could unite against a singular overwhelmingly powerful evil. Andor somehow inserts the foundation under an already-standing, yet shaky framed structure of the Empires evil. You leave convinced of their evil, convinced of their strength, convinced of their organizations structural superiority.

And yet you leave the series inspired by the genesis moment of the rebellion, and with a better informed (and more interesting) insight into the Senate support/roots. It so perfectly sets up Rogue One, which so perfectly sets up a New Hope. No wizards in this one. Far more gritty and human in scale.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: r0gue,

Posts: 11395 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post