SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been reading?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 41
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been reading? Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Finished the five book series of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein.

And how were they. I’ve read lots of Koontz’s work but not that series.

Starting ‘Ordinary Grace’ again. William Kent Kruger definitely hit a homer on this book.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4216 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm:
quote:
Originally posted by hberttmank:
Finished the five book series of Dean Koontz's Frankenstein.

And how were they. I’ve read lots of Koontz’s work but not that series.

Mike

I liked that series a lot, it is some of my favorites of Dean's books.

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finished a three book series by John Ringo. The titles are Live Free or Die, Citadel, and The Hot Gate. It's typical John Ringo with some interesting characters, good action, and humor.

Posts: 2358 | Registered: October 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
I've been working my way through the Harry Bosch series by Michael Connelley. Very enjoyable, I haven't watched any of the series yet. In between waiting for books to become available, I've been reading "Hamilton" by Ron Chernow, it's long but it's excellent!

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have lived the
greatest adventure
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Currently reading book 3 in the Superego series: Betrayal.

The series is about a intergalactic psychotic hit man, and quite amusing.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 6021 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished the latest Lee Child Reacher novel, and the latest David Baldacci novel.

P229 Enhanced Elite
P229R
P229

Posts: 60 | Location: Ga | Registered: August 01, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Finished Babylon's Ashes earlier this month.
That's books 1-6 of The Expanse in about 3 months.

Currently about 1/2 through Dave Grohl's The Storyteller

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Invisible Rainbow about electromagnetism’s effects on human health etc………

The Close Encounters Man….about J. Allen Hynek’s forays into the UFO phenomenon. He was a hellava guy.

Posts: 817 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
The War for All the Oceans: From Nelson at the Nile to Napoleon at Waterloo by Roy & Lesley Adkins

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 08 Cayenne
posted Hide Post
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, I liked it.

Posts: 1579 | Location: Ohio | Registered: May 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Did a flight from San Diego to Baltimore, and back.

Read We Were Soldiers.

Damn outstanding book!!

As an FYSA, the movie is about 50% of the book.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Just starting the sequel to Ready Player One, titled aptly Ready Player Two.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18018 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Just starting the sequel to Ready Player One, titled aptly Ready Player Two.

Ready Player One is on my list, need to acquire a copy
Guess I need to add Player Two to that list as well.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Just finished two books. "Shadows Reel" by CJ Box, the latest in the Joe Pickett series. I liked it but not as much as some of the prior books.

The other was "The Match" by Harlan Coben. This the second in series the first being "The Boy in the Woods". I really liked this, it hit home because I've experienced a "match" from DNA that changed my life.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3388 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo Jones:
Almost finished w One Second After by William Forstchen

One Year Later is a good second book. And the third one is good also. Lots of we shoulda done this, stuff in them.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I posted earlier that I’ve been alternating between books considered classics and contemporary lit. I haven’t been to the bookstore, so on either side of 1984 I read a Vince Flynn book, Extreme Measures, and currently reading Lee Child’sNight School. I was great to read Flynn once again, I had given all my earlier books to my dad and I suppose they’re in my brother’s basement somewhere; wish I had them all back again now. I find Child uneven. I’ll read one and think it’s great, and the next…not so much. I need to settle on my next classic.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pyker:
The War for All the Oceans: From Nelson at the Nile to Napoleon at Waterloo by Roy & Lesley Adkins

Great book. I actually reread it it was so good.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

My local library (the Library of Congress) just called and, after a few months on the waiting list, the 11th Gray Man book, Sierra Six, is ready for me to pick up.

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10778 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wanted to read another Mafia story.
“Underboss Sammy the Bull Gravano Story of Life in the Mafia”

What a life. His you tube channel is worth a look if interested.
He’s got a series, I think this is the 1st episode.

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just finished Mark Greaney's "Sierra Six" which was pretty good. It gives background on how Gentry became "Six".
Also continuing to plow through Baldacci's work. Finishing up the King and Maxwell series and about to start on the Camel Club.

Posts: 698 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post