SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    What have you been reading?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24

Moderators: parabellum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What have you been reading? Login/Join 
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Or more. She's straight up psycho.

As Sheldon said, "Bitches be cray-cray".

quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
quote:
Started Bad Blood, about Elizabeth Holmes and Theranos, and how they bilked investors out of over a billion dollars by faking the results of a revolutionary product they were trying to bring to market. Very interesting so far.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Over the years, reporters for the WSJ have uncovered all kinds of nefarious activites. The trial has been interesting. She deserves 20 years.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Just finished "Tracing Time - Seasons of Rock Art on the Colorado Plateau". Craig Childs is a very good writer who goes out and explores the areas where long gone Indian cultures lived.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3133 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
posted Hide Post
I just finished The Checklist Manifesto by Atul Gawande. Subtitled How to Get Things Right. Highly suggested.

Posts: 43771 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
About half way through volume 1 of the 4-volume biography of Robert E Lee by Douglass Southall Freeman. After that I’ve got the 3 volume set of Lee's Lieutenants: A Study in Command, by the same author.

Yep, those will keep me busy for a little while.

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6400 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are a few I am currently reading:
Books 2+3 of this series:

The Outside Man (A Matt Drake Novel)
Without Sanction (A Matt Drake Thriller)
Hostile Intent (A Matt Drake Novel)

By Don Bentley (A former FBI Special Agent, SWAT Team member, and Army Apache helicopter pilot.)

On the heavier side:

Battle for Skyline Ridge
The CIA Secret War in Laos
by Parker, James E.

The Spymaster of Baghdad
A True Story of Bravery, Family, and Patriotism in the Battle Against ISIS

No Shadows in the Desert: Murder, Vengeance, and Espionage in the War Against ISIS
By Samuel Katz

Posts: 1755 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Very light reading, but I've been getting into the Stone Barrington stories by Stuart Woods.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 36593 | Location: NW Indiana | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
Finished Bad Blood, and am on to Sons of Valor, the first book in a series in the same universe as the Tier One series, which I have discussed here:

Tier One Book Series

Man, Bad Blood was crazy. But I've experienced some of the same behaviors in jobs I've had in the IT industry. The worst part is that there were patients who relied on their data that died or had other conditions result from that bad data, and that they have no recompense.

Phone's ringing, Dude.

Posts: 5720 | Location: Upstate SC | Registered: April 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I recently finished Down River by John Hart. It won the Edger Award for 2008. It was well worth the read.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 3729 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Death Comes for the Archbishop. Willa Cather. Set in New Mexico from 1850 to almost 1900. Story of two French Catholic missionaries who establish a diocese in Santa Fe. I thought it was really good.

Tonight starting In the Blood, the new Jack Carr thriller.

Posts: 11495 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago while watching Boardwalk Empire, I decided that I'd have to read Sinclair Lewis' "Free Air". Just finished reading it on Kindle and greatly enjoyed it. It seemed to be to be both oddly dated and very contemporary.

Just started Clay Martin's "Prairie Fire". Sort of a manual for rural prep for a civil war.

Posts: 707 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
The Sackett Series. I'm about 7 or 8 books in.

Posts: 9100 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AUTiger89
posted Hide Post
I have really enjoyed the Louis L'Amour I have read. Conagher in particular.
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
The Sackett Series. I'm about 7 or 8 books in.

Phone's ringing, Dude.