SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 227
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Just give the DC to Chinstrap and the CC to Merc and be done with 2020. Lets move onto the next ruleset. Hopefully that will change up the results a bit.

Posts: 10823 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HuskySig:
Just give the DC to Chinstrap and the CC to Merc and be done with 2020. Lets move onto the next ruleset. Hopefully that will change up the results a bit.

You do realize the new regs do not start until 2022, right? They voted to keep it the same for 2021, and I believe the only team PU change will be McLaren, which will become Merc powered.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Then give the championships for 2020 and 2021 to Merc and Chinstrap.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:

Better yet, hoping Merc realizes LewLew is on his way out, puts Vettel in one seat for 2021, Lew can’t help himself and stays, they crash each other out so much that LeClerc wins.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

Better yet, hoping Merc realizes LewLew is on his way out, puts Vettel in one seat for 2021, Lew can’t help himself and stays, they crash each other out so much that LeClerc wins.

I'm a Bottas fan, so hopefully this isn't the plan.
Can't imagine Vettel going to Renault, though. So, the MB seat may be his only option for 2021.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
Hamilton is about my least favorite driver. It pains me that he's going to be remembered as one of the greatest drivers ever, with probably what will end up with the most Drivers' Championships and all consecutively. I wholeheartedly applaud Mercedes. They won 2014-2019 generation of F1 car designs by a large margin, not even close. It's unfortunate that the current F1 ruleset have prevented the other teams from making wholesale changes to their cars in order to be more competitive. I am still of the opinion that Mercedes is so far superior to the other teams, that once they achieve a points lead that they put it into cruise control in order for the F1 to appear competitive.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
On a slightly different subject. I hope they force the French to come up with a real race track before they get another race.
Last track they used looks like a ten square mile paved slab with about twenty different track configurations applied with paint. No character at all, flat and I don’t know how the drivers could tell where they were without ending up following a different set of paint stripes.

https://www.formula1.com/conte...sform/9col/image.jpg

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

That’s basically what they’ve done with their changes for 2020 and 2021. Locked in Merc’s advantages and ensured that Hamilton breaks all of Schumacher’s records and becomes the undisputed GOAT.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad to see they are finally getting the season underway. I should have been getting ready to hit the road next week for the Canadian GP, so I'm eager to find out what the plans are for that race, if it will be held later this year or just cancelled.

Posts: 2466 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would you feel making a single qualifying session a 25 lap reverse order shootout to determine pole position this year? I am always open to ideas, but can not stand the thought of reverse grid formation to award a pole position to the last place car - it just seem wrong and additionally, I don't think it would be safe in race conditions.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I agree with Husky - Hamilton is my least favorite driver

he has talent, and a great team but he just grates on me - just don't like him and I keep rooting for him to kiss the wall in every race

(I equate him to Brad Keselowski and the Busch brothers in NASCAR)

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that Lewis has come out in favor of diversity ... maybe Mercedes will employ some morons, some idiots on their F1 teams - the incompetent deserve representation too! Red Face

Square wheels are also underrepresented! Red Face

Posts: 2538 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Finally, only days away from the restart of the season.
Looks like this will be raced on a much higher percentage of European tracks and mostly more traditional type circuits. That's a good thing.
Will there be any surprise performances of top teams and how will the midfield sort out this year.
The Covid stuff can really shake things up. A positive test or two can take a driver and team out of an event easily it seems.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
HELL YEAH!

I think the surprise will be Ferrari back battling the midfield and seeing if anybody can bring it to them.

On the COVID, it's a good year to be a test driver!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
quote:

I'm not sure who I hate worse, Hamilton or Vettel. They're both two of the most overrated World Champions around who won because they had the best cars on the grid and their only competition was their teammate. At least Vettel could actually beat Webber. Big Grin

On the plus side, Austria has generally been one of the better tracks so hopefully we get a good race.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am so ready to start the F1 engines and get back to racing!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, FP1 and FP2 over. Pretty much as expected. Merc kicking butt, Mercedes 2.0 (Racing Point) doing well, Ferrari sucks bigly, and Grosjean still whining. Only real surprise is that Red Bull seems to be off the pace a bit.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I like German cars and for that reason have been a Petronas M-B fan, and it follows, a fan of Lewis Hamilton. I disagree strongly that he only wins because of his ride. That said, I’ve had it up to here with Black Lives Matter and Hamilton is on the bandwagon, big time. I saw a picture of this year’s helmet with some sort of BLM logo prominently displayed. What now? I’m not a fan of the red cars. Renault isn’t competitive. Red Bull and Verstappen is an option, I guess. Raikonnen and the Alfa cars; they haven’t been competitive either. We’ll see I guess.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^^ Go to the other side of the garage & root Bottas to the title, instead of Hammy.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
He completely wins because of his ride. For 2007/2008 the best car on the grid was the McLaren Mercedes and he was Runner Up and Champion. Then he was a mid-pack loser getting schooled by Jenson Button in the same car, and then wins 5 with Mercedes because they decided to spend money on their F1 team instead of playing it cheap (read Ross Brawn and Adam Parr’s book “Total Competition”) and built/refined the best Turbo Hybrid. His only competition was Nico Rosberg, and the year that Nico got tired of Lewie’s shit was the year he won the Driver’s Championship.

Posts: 4129 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post