SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 231
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Could also be Marc continued refusal to guarantee LH a management role and (I'm sure) an astronomical salary for a role in which he would be unproven.

He doesn't need the money from them given his outside ventures and a weee bit of comp while driving so yeah, why not go take a spin at Ferrari?

The truly shocking thing would be he and Leclerc there at the same time. That will be spicy. But honestly drivers today do seem a little more professional and respectful of each other than some of the childish reactions of some of the old guard.

I agree! The comments he made last year about getting a seat on the board seemed like a huge stretch and those Germans are very clannish.
As far as money is concerned it has been reported that he made about 35 million last year and George about 12. But he wanted to be the highest paid driver and reportedly wanted to make more than the 50 million that Verstappen makes. Given that his best days are certainly behind him that was unlikely to happen. I doubt that Ferrari is going to pay him that much either…

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6340 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Ferrari might. They do have deep pockets and are pretty desperate for good results, and it's hard to find a more consistent driver than the Hamster.

Posts: 4235 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I gotta say Lew has made a lot of mental errors the last two or three years, not so consistent.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8370 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:
I gotta say Lew has made a lot of mental errors the last two or three years, not so consistent.

More than Carlos Sainz or Charles LeClerc?

Posts: 4235 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
More than Carlos Sainz or Charles LeClerc?

Well, yeah, he'd be an improvement for the red team. It'll be very interesting and lot of fun to watch. Built in drama.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8370 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ripley:

When your car always needs to be .3 to .6 faster to be competitive, it’s always on the edge and much easier to make mistakes, you can’t leave a margin for the unexpected.

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Williams FW46 livery launch today
https://www.formula1.com/en/la...yeJKMCP6uRi83H1.html

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15414 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Christian Horner on the hot seat now, not sure what it's about at this point.

Toto and his wife had some sort of alleged recent issue concerning confidential info that got shot down quickly.

This article seems to indicate that some sort of internal power struggle is behind this one but who knows.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/...vestigation-red-bull

Posts: 9557 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sprint Format changes for 2024

quote:

F1 Sprint will return for a fourth season in 2024 and a format tweak is set to make the spectacle more engaging than ever.

As outlined in December, Brazil will host its fourth consecutive Sprint weekend, with Austria to stage its third, Austin and Qatar returning for a second year, and China and Miami joining the line-up for the first time.

On Monday, the F1 Commission met to discuss a range of matters and, shortly after the gathering concluded, a Sprint format update was communicated.

For this year, the Sprint Shootout will move from Saturday to Friday, following an initial free practice session for track acclimatisation and set-up work.

The 100km Sprint will then take place on Saturday, ahead of qualifying for the Grand Prix later that day. The Grand Prix itself will remain on Sunday.

The regulatory refinements for these changes will be presented to the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) on February 28.

Away from the Sprint, a proposal to increase the power unit allocation to four per driver for the 2024 and 2025 seasons was agreed.

Additionally, DRS activation for the race will be anticipated to one lap as opposed to two laps after the start of the race, or the re-start following a Safety Car.

Posts: 15414 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

quote:

F1 Sprint will return for a fourth season in 2024 and a format tweak is set to make the spectacle more engaging than ever.

As outlined in December, Brazil will host its fourth consecutive Sprint weekend, with Austria to stage its third, Austin and Qatar returning for a second year, and China and Miami joining the line-up for the first time.

On Monday, the F1 Commission met to discuss a range of matters and, shortly after the gathering concluded, a Sprint format update was communicated.

For this year, the Sprint Shootout will move from Saturday to Friday, following an initial free practice session for track acclimatisation and set-up work.

The 100km Sprint will then take place on Saturday, ahead of qualifying for the Grand Prix later that day. The Grand Prix itself will remain on Sunday.

The regulatory refinements for these changes will be presented to the World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) on February 28.

Away from the Sprint, a proposal to increase the power unit allocation to four per driver for the 2024 and 2025 seasons was agreed.

Additionally, DRS activation for the race will be anticipated to one lap as opposed to two laps after the start of the race, or the re-start following a Safety Car.

The Sprint format changes are OK, but I think they also need to release the cars from Parc Ferme after the Sprint so changes can be made for GP qualifying.

Not sure about changing DRS activation from second lap to first. Not sure that needs changing.

Posts: 3344 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Sauber/Kawasaki C44

Edit: A few more photos of the Kawasaki C44 launch

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
quote:

The Sprint format changes are OK, but I think they also need to release the cars from Parc Ferme after the Sprint so changes can be made for GP qualifying.

Not sure about changing DRS activation from second lap to first. Not sure that needs changing.

I do agree on parc ferme release.
DRS, given a clean first lap, let em have it. With the short[er] sprint, spice it up.
Just have to hope, with 'real' quali being post-sprint that some aren't ineligible due to sprint damage/crashes.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

DRS, given a clean first lap, let em have it. With the short[er] sprint, spice it up.
Just have to hope, with 'real' quali being post-sprint that some aren't ineligible due to sprint damage/crashes.

Cars can get wrecked/damaged in FP3 too and miss qualy. They usually let them start the race from the pit lane, based on being competitive in the practices. I can see something similar happening with sprint damage. The cars will get to race.

Posts: 3344 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Cars can get wrecked/damaged in FP3 too and miss qualy. They usually let them start the race from the pit lane, based on being competitive in the practices. I can see something similar happening with sprint damage. The cars will get to race.

No doubt they'll get to race [penalty/pitlane start], thinking about the frontrunners having an incident that's more likely in a sprint race than in a FP3 setting.

posted Hide Post
A. What the heck is stake?
B. I'm sad to see Alfa Romeo gone.
C. That green car is peak clown world.

Posts: 681 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
A. What the heck is stake?
B. I'm sad to see Alfa Romeo gone.
C. That green car is peak clown world.

I believe it's some kinds of online sports book like fanduel & similar outfits.
They'll run ad Kick F1 in countries where gambling advertising isn't allowed, similar to stripping alcohol brand in the ME countries.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
Anyone know why Christian Horner is under investigation? I've done a half ass search of the last two weeks and just found he's under investigation.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
Anyone know why Christian Horner is under investigation? I've done a half ass search of the last two weeks and just found he's under investigation.

Mentioned further up the page.
Not much being told publicly, yet.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Christian Horner on the hot seat now, not sure what it's about at this point.

Toto and his wife had some sort of alleged recent issue concerning confidential info that got shot down quickly.

This article seems to indicate that some sort of internal power struggle is behind this one but who knows.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/...vestigation-red-bull

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Alpine A524 Debut