SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 ... 242
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Qualifying was pretty close throughout most of the field.
Should be interesting to see if race pace is anywhere near as close.
Hopefully it will be a two stop race so things get mixed up a bit.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Watched the F2 Sprint race between FP3 & Quali.
Some pretty close racing there too. Cars are so different to F1, and the sound is very distinct, though I do remember the popping downshifts from their outing in Austin in 2018 when we attended.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I would also like to note that the Williams team has joined the 21st Century by using steering wheels with displays built into them instead of sticking a screen to the frame. They finally join every other team about 15 years too late.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Alpine just a disaster.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
I would also like to note that the Williams team has joined the 21st Century by using steering wheels with displays built into them instead of sticking a screen to the frame. They finally join every other team about 15 years too late.

I imagine it's a bit cheaper to produce the screenless wheel.
Also, the display is always rightside up, though obscured in a turn.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post

Endless blather and speculation here -

https://forums.autosport.com/t...eague-edited/page-82

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
F1 2024. Same as it ever was.

Posts: 3403 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
F1 2024. Same as it ever was.

Haven't watched yet, but quali made me think that was the case, at least early on. We'll see who can close the gap through the season.

women dug his snuff
and his gallant stroll
posted Hide Post
I've got three races to decide whether I want to renew my F1TV subscription for the 2024 season. Strike 1...

Posts: 10827 | Registered: August 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
I'd certainly wait long enough to see how the Horner/Red Bull saga plays out. It would appear the matter is handled but there are many things going on behind the scenes that could throw the whole series into new territory.

Posts: 8522 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Boooooring.

Posts: 4320 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The only real interesting parts were the Ferrari's racing each other, and to see how the new cars actually compared.
As in last years version, the field was actually very close if you take Max out of the story.
Not a lot of drama otherwise.

Posts: 9785 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What was the point of swapping Ricciardo and Tsunoda?

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8790 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Orndorff:

To make Danny Ric feel better because he got out qualified and outraced by Yuki.

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
quote:

Riccardo was on softs and was making up time that he could possible pass Magnussen except they mishandled everything.

Posts: 4421 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Ric was like 25 seconds back with under 10 laps. He was never catching.

Similar to last year I can live with a runaway at front if the 2-5 teams are competitive as they seem to be again.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12641 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
They moved DR past Yuki in hopes of passing the Haas. When that didn't happen, Yuki should have been given his spot back.

Bad pit call earlier screwed Yuki's race, the team dropped the ball. Yuki was pissed and showed his ass on the cool-down lap. All for out-of-the-points wrangling.

Yuki dive bombs DR below -

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DanH:
quote:

Riccardo was on softs and was making up time that he could possible pass Magnussen except they mishandled everything.

Even if passed, so what? It’s not like there were any points at stake.

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician." -Jeff Cooper

Posts: 8790 | Location: UT | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd agree other than the potential of tying on points & a better fi is being the difference between final position in the WCC at the end of the year.

posted Hide Post
I’m looking forward to Ferrari shenanigans all season as Carlos decides whether to listen to the team or just go. The battle within Ferrari will probably be the part of the season since Max is driving away again.

Posts: 4320 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post