SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 ... 245
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2024 Testing Day 2

Red flagged morning session with 1 hr to go due to a broken drain cover. 1 hr added to afternoon session.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Drain covers. Really?

C'MON MAN!!!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12741 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
Drain covers. Really?

C'MON MAN!!!

That's what took out Carlos Sainz's Ferrari at the LVGP and cancelled practice.

https://globalnews.ca/news/100...s-vegas-drain-cover/

Posts: 24395 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
In the case of Bahrain testing yesterday, it was a trackside rain gutter cover, not a circular cover on track like in the LV & Baku incidents.

Apparently Sainz was trackside & talking to the marshall & was about to tell him to yellow flag it when it came loose.

Posts: 16036 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2024 Testing: Day 3
The same drain cover [T11] that caused the stoppage yesterday came loose again today & red flagged the morning session

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
OK, the testing's over and cars hit the track in a few days for real.
The race will be on Saturday for this one.
Drive to Survive also starts today so lot's to watch, finally.
No one should be surprised if Max is still at the front but who knows.
Behind him it looks tight right now.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
I was reminded the other day of Alonso's statement after pre-season testing last year: "We have a P5 car"...which is where they ended in the Constructors Championship

My favorite snippet this yea is from Albon: "We'll hit the ground jogging"

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14255 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Distinguished Pistol Shot
posted Hide Post
For those of you who pay for F1TV. Can you watch the race when you want or only live?

Posts: 843 | Location: South Central MO | Registered: August 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dgshooter:
For those of you who pay for F1TV. Can you watch the race when you want or only live?

Should be live & on-demand

They have archives going back to the 70s. I'm currently midway through the 1981 season, working my way to when I started actively watching in 2014. Long way to go, but usually have it on one of my screens while chugging along at work.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Should be anytime.

Depending on the time difference, I watch several of the middle of the night ones hours later.

Be careful the first few times to join at the beginning so you don't start watching the podium ceremony like I did a few times.

Posts: 9850 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Should be anytime.

Depending on the time difference, I watch several of the middle of the night ones hours later.

Be careful the first few times to join at the beginning so you don't start watching the podium ceremony like I did a few times.

Good to know, I'll be using it for the first time [for a race] this weekend.
Had no issues picking up the preseason testing, but was starting them after each session had already ended.

For me, it's pretty much just Canada, US [2 (Vegas on replay)], Mexico & Brazil races that I'll watch live. Maybe Singapore, Japan & Australia depending on how the time difference falls.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The European races are the ones I like to watch live.
They start at 8 or 9 AM east coast time, depending on time zone in Europe, so I can eat a leisurely breakfast and then still have the rest of my Sunday to do what I want.
There's usually a pregame type show and another after that are good too.
No commercials is nice too. You just hit pause if you need a quick break and come back to the same place.
All these options are really spoiling me. When I was a kid (back in the late 60's) and first watched, it was the days of Wide World of Sports. They only showed Monaco and that was a week later and split the time with a second sport so it just hit the highlights. The only other time the the news mentioned racing was if there was a big crash or other catastrophe.
Now there's so much you can OD on it.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder for Bahrain & Saudi. FP1/2 is on Thursday, FP3/Quali Friday & race on Saturday, so check your DVRs.
Never did see an explanation on why.

3rd round in Australia is back to normal Fri-Sun schedule.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Ramadan in the first two countries and the hours they can race and travel time between venues were the reasons they stated.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/...rday-races-explained

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'd assumed it was something like that, thanks.

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am watching drive to survive and I must admit I was very surprised (pleasantly so) to see Claire Williams back doing some commentary. She gives a unique perspective.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3666 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Starting Bahrain FP1 now!
Definitely an adjustment to the F1TV commentary vs the SkyF1 commentators I've grown used to.

Undecided if I want to dive into F2/3. We'll see what my schedule looks like.

Edit: Found the button [on F1TV] for the Int'l feed, which appears to be the SkyF1 feed.
Will give both a shot.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Quite the difference in the FP1 & FP2 results.
Guess we're all left waiting for quali to see any true pace examples.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
Quite the difference in the FP1 & FP2 results.
Guess we're all left waiting for quali to see any true pace examples.

Certainly interesting. Actual race pace may give some surprises too. See who has tire deg issues.

Posts: 3421 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I think Hulk was the most surprising to get the Haas in the top 10.
Impossible to know what kind of program the teams were running, re fuel loads & such, to know if it was representative times.
Quali will give us raw pace, and we'll see where things stand after the first round of pit stops on Saturday.