SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Formula 1 Discussion
Page 1 ... 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 ... 231
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Formula 1 Discussion Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Ferrari SF-24 Reveal

Aston Martin AMR24 Reveal

VCARB01 Reveal

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Just leaves Red Bull & Mercedes, I think.

Posts: 15394 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Red Bull testing at Silverstone. Horner still at the helm.

I can understand that change need to happed on Haas. I liked Guenther but dang, that is a bad track record.

Also, Red Bull is posting images of RB1 on X. Could it be "things to come" AND Max just posted a video of his helmet calling it a 'throwback' to his early years.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3595 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope that 24 will be a good year for Ferrari and Aston Martin. I want to see 3-4 teams, at least, fighting for the win. Only time will tell.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Glad to see some silver back on the Merc

Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Man those red accents are awesome!

The rear wing is interesting.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3595 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16260 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know it's all about the aero, but F1 wheels are so fugly.

-MG

Posts: 2018 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monoblok:
I know it's all about the aero, but F1 wheels are so fugly.

Agreed, don't like the wheel covers, especially on night races. Miss seeing the glowing rotors through the wheels.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I’m past ready to see testing start and over the over-hyped stories about liveries and political turmoil.
Let’s see some real on track action.

Posts: 9555 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
F1TV Users

About to cut YouTubeTV, which seems to keep going up & up. I think it was sub-$60/mo when I first got it & it's about $80/mo now.

For those without something like AppleTV, and no F1TV native app, how are you streaming F1TV to your primary TV?

I do have a RaspberryPi, that I conceivably could use for this, but I'm really space limited with my living room TV. The Pi has the extra benefit of a hardwire & not requiring wifi, though my AP is right next to the TV as well, so signal would be strong for any device.

Edit: Pulled the trigger.
Canceled YTTV & signed up for F1TV, currently watching the 1970 season Review. Planning on binging the seasons.
1970s are just review highlights. 1980 on are full races, I believe.
Planning on watching 1980-2013.

Looking around, thinking a Chromecast may be the way to go, even if just for F1TV.
For only $30 for the model with the remote, not a bad deal.
Might try my really old Roku first, since I have it & see how it works first.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: P250UA5,

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Red Bull's RB20 finishes the group.
Now to get them on track!
Looks like F1TV gets testing broadcasting, so I'm glad I made the switch

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Update to the post 2 above.
Remembered I had an old Roku on a 'dumb' TV & it works great for F1TV on my primary Samsung in the loving room.

Have watched the 1hr season reviews for 1970-1980.
1981 starts the near full race availability [some are a condensed review I think].
Really shows how different the sport was at that time. Much more innovation, IMO, with a less restrictive formula.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I switched to the F1TV broadcast last year.
After several seasons of ITV, it took a while to warm up the the different broadcast crew but now that's behind me.

I'd have to have a subscription to both to be able to compare but that's not happening.

Either way, they're both way ahead of the older broadcasts on ESPN and the other US networks.

Posts: 9555 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I've enjoyed the SkyF1 coverage via ESPN.
Will definitely be an adjustment to get used to the F1TV broadcasting.
1 race into 1981, hard to top Murray Walker

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow we finally get to see the cars running again.
Probably will be the last day before the front runner’s show they really have but still nice to see them back on track.

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
I'll actually get to watch this year, since picking up F1TV.
Looking forward to it in the morning!
Then back to the 81 season. Just finished the Spanish GP, which had a very close finish, great closing laps.

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Testing already means race 1 just around the corner - WOOOOHOOO! It's almost MARCH already????

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12452 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Feb-Dec season this year Eek

Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
2024 Testing Day 1

Watched nearly all 8 hours. Cars looked really solid, nothing dramatic & no red flag stoppages, just a couple Williams excursions. Otherwise, cars look good & even though testing times mean next to nothing, some good mix in the results.