SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
That was fantastic recoatlift!

I tried searching for more of his stuff and it appears that he died a few years ago. Nothing on apple music either. I'm not usually a big fan of blues, but I'd sure like to hear more of him.

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
This is so dang cool.

Posts: 45529 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by liner:
Chris Cornell singing Metallica’s One with U2’s One music. Amazing version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...b24gdGhlYXRlcg%3D%3D

Posts: 2093 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7645 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just found this group

I guess a cover band

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55139 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have followed this man’s music for 30 years. I’ve never been to south Louisiana and have never heard Cajun or Zydeco played live, still, I love the stuff and have a lot of it. Zachary Richard is my favorite. These two go back to the first album of his I bought, Snake Bite Love. Both paint pictures with words and music.

Thirty years ago he still recorded songs in English, he gone full blown Cajun now and has only (AFAIK) recorded in French for years now.

Posts: 13546 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 24165 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1369 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post

Posts: 7380 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to pronounce her name, but Tarja Turunen can sure belt out a tune.

And now for something completely different

Posts: 28584 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Faster is a good song. Shot In the Dark is another good one from them. Heard Faster for the first time watching this Isle of Mann TT video several years ago.

https://youtu.be/TU7-sdJARLo

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'll use the Red Key
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
Livin' Blues - A Dutch Blues/Rock band from the late 60's to 70's. A couple songs from their 1970 album titled "Wang Dang Doodle"

Go-Go-Train

I Came Home At Night

Heck the whole album

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3819 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by henryaz:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
wife plays a mean banjo. Smile

One of the features of clawhammer I have always liked to hear is the thumb constantly bouncing off the fifth string, which is never fretted. It gives that characteristic "ring" to the style, as in "hear them banjos ring".

I do like clawhammer banjo.

And Sarah Jarosz is as good as it gets, Tigereye313. She is one of my current favorites.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53226 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Bryan Sutton is not a secret, but if you don't listen to traditional music or bluegrass, you may not know him.

This isn't super-flashy, but listen to that fluidity.

Chris Thile is a very fine player - probably the best mandolin player going, but he is more well known.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53226 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:

I do like clawhammer banjo.

And Sarah Jarosz is as good as it gets, Tigereye313. She is one of my current favorites.

We saw her at The Mucky Duck right after her first album had come out. The girl running the soundboard joked with us that she had socks older than Sarah at the time...

Posts: 11410 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I have followed this man’s music for 30 years. I’ve never been to south Louisiana and have never heard Cajun or Zydeco played live, still, I love the stuff and have a lot of it. Zachary Richard is my favorite. These two go back to the first album of his I bought, Snake Bite Love. Both paint pictures with words and music.

Thirty years ago he still recorded songs in English, he gone full blown Cajun now and has only (AFAIK) recorded in French for years now.

I've always liked me some Zachary Richard. Great storyteller.

Posts: 11410 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I love the NPR Tiny Desk show. It forces musicians back to their roots and play without amplification. Here's another show that's just a classic. Austin City Limits with tigereye313 in mind. Thanks for the Lauren Pierce post. The double bass goodness starts at 1:58.

Posts: 7645 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
You may have heard of her before. One of the best live performers I've seen. The audio is a bit muddy. Never know what you're going to get off of Youtube.