SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Dig Watchhouse/Mandolin Orange as well.

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Here's The Punch Brothers:

Posts: 11362 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Molly Tuttle covering Neil Young. I think you’ll like it, and her guitar technique is original and inspiring.

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Molly Tuttle covering Neil Young. I think you’ll like it, and her guitar technique is original and inspiring.

Love her take on this song! In the studio version, she is accompanied by Old Crow Medicine Show.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6414 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Dread Clampitt...saw them once in Destin, FL circa 2008/9-ish and they were friggin' AWESOME! The band has probably rotated through several members since then, though...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1564 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Todd Snider - Plastic Girl

Hahahaha. The ending was epic!

Posts: 13274 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Avett Brothers. A great band from Concord, NC. It's really hard for me to pick one or two examples because I like so much of their stuff. I absolultey love them live.

Here's one from last weeked at Red Rocks performing with their father Jim Avett. I saw the 7/8/23 show at Red Rocks, which was fantastic. Wish I could have stayed and watched Sunday's show as well.

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
The Avett Brothers. A great band from Concord, NC. It's really hard for me to pick one or two examples because I like so much of their stuff. I absolultey love them live.

They are great and I would like to see them live.

My favorite tune by them is 'New Love Song'.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6414 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

They are playing in Champaign, IL on Aug 12. Go see them

Posts: 729 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KDR:
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:

They are playing in Champaign, IL on Aug 12. Go see them

I saw that. But, we have a wedding to go to that day. I would prefer to skip the wedding and go see them, but doubt the wife will agree.

But, they are playing in Kalamazoo, MI the day before (Aug. 11), which is only about 30 minutes further from me than Champaign.

Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
This is 10 years old and the band is no longer.

However, for sheer energy and fun, this is great.

I defy anyone not to tap their feet. A Bar in Amsterdam

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 719 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
This is 10 years old and the band is no longer.

However, for sheer energy and fun, this is great.

I defy anyone not to tap their feet. A Bar in Amsterdam

Well that was fun. I watched a couple more perfs. Looks like the women were very versatile musicians; the woman who played drums in Mike’s post moved up front playing the balalaika bass in one song and guitar in another. The woman who played trumpet played drums and banjo, another could also play mandolin…it’s a shame they didn’t stay together.

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Contemplating a trip to San Antonio this October. Was looking for stuff to do and saw there was a concert for this guy named Teddy Swims. Never heard of him so I did a quick search, and wow! This guy has a voice similar to Chris Stapleton. Very soulful.

Posts: 11169 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
A couple of amazing guitar players who left us too soon:

Shawn Lane - guitar
Jonas Hellborg - bass
Jeff Sipe - drums

Allan Holdsworth - guitar
Jimmy Haslip - bass
Alan Pasqua - keys
Chad Wackerman - drums

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1904 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Hey, it’s Zooey Deschanel!

Posts: 45377 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
You guys know about Pomplmoose?

Posts: 45377 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Was listening to some kinda obscure 80s college stuff on vinyl yesterday. I haven't heard these in a long time, decades.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZYwFQ9BZW6c" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I'd forgotten about both those bands. We seem to have similar tastes.

Posts: 705 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
New Models - Boston band produced by Ric Ocasek

Posts: 705 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post