SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With Login/Join 
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Brand new Joe Ely album coming in August - promo cut with Bruce Springsteen.

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
@rainman64

Would that be called K-Metal?

ETA: Nope, they're Japanese. J-Metal Big Grin

Someone on here posted about seeing them live a few years ago.
Catchy, guilty pleasure tunes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15949 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I imagine a few of you are listening to Josh Meloy, a singer-songwriter out of Stillwater, Oklahoma.

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post
Claudia is the daughter of a HS classmate of mine. Grew up one town over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziTBKLqhXdI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQq3WmX6VHM

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8650 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Just heard this “song” (speech to music?) a few days ago and I’m oddly very intrigued, I really like it. I’m nearing 40 and it seems to be more relatable the older we get.
https://youtu.be/sTJ7AzBIJoI?feature=shared

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2537 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I have to be reminded to go back and check out what Joe Ely’s doing; glad I have someone like doublesharp to remind me. That was great!

I also like a lot of stuff from Alejandro Escovedo. Just didn’t like that one so much Wink

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
I don't remember which podcast I was listening to or who said this, but he told a story about taking his daughter to a concert. He was pleasantly surprised that many of the young kids his daughter age were into this artist. Only proves if you hold on to something long enough it will come back into style.

Posts: 7646 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I have to be reminded to go back and check out what Joe Ely’s doing; glad I have someone like doublesharp to remind me. That was great!

I also like a lot of stuff from Alejandro Escovedo. Just didn’t like that one so much Wink

Right back at you TMats - you post some great stuff like Josh Meloy, love to find something new that's solid.

That Alejandro tune kind of reminds me of Joe Ely's cosmic cowboy days with The Clash and Wilko Johnson not my favorite but I like it.

Joe Ely has a minor Louisville connection in his guitar player from late 80s early 90 was a Louisville boy, David Grissom. Born with a silver spoon as his dad was one of the ground floor Humana insurance fatcats. David started out in Austin playing for Louann Barton and then went with Joe. Well respected guitar slinger with a 40 year career.

Here's a short set of some early lou Ann cuts with David Grissom, Sarah Brown and Derick O'Brian basically the Antonne's house band of the time.

Joe Ely early days

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I really like Jake Thistle. He is a student at Rutgers which is a long way from me in the south. His hero's are Tom Petty and other late 70s and early 80's rock and roll. He has his own material, but covers the greats and does it well.
His channel: https://www.youtube.com/@jakethistle

My favorite original of his, Ghosted Road: https://youtu.be/Al0K3BZJR9U?si=j3DjiOeqOyhdkYrl

Posts: 788 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since we're talking Texans above, I present Dino Lee. Everybody get some (but don't get any on ya)...

Posts: 718 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
How about a little Shoegaze music? Kisses from Slowdive's 2023 return.

Edited to change the video to this live version

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blackmore,

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
I don't remember which podcast I was listening to or who said this, but he told a story about taking his daughter to a concert. He was pleasantly surprised that many of the young kids his daughter age were into this artist. Only proves if you hold on to something long enough it will come back into style. [FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fAoRHjc5_OQ?si=dzwkf1xWP0G6c1YU" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

she toured in this area recently and got a lot of airplay on the local independant station, (wnrn.org)

lovely song and a more lovely voice,

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10548 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigSwede:
[/FLASH_VIDEO][/QUOTE] another band played on some independent stations, and another great song by them [FLASH_VIDEO]

https://chandlersfirearms.com/chesterfield-armament/

Posts: 10548 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
^ that one reminds me of Eisley:

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1564 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44405 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't remember which podcast I was listening to or who said this, but he told a story about taking his daughter to a concert. He was pleasantly surprised that many of the young kids his daughter age were into this artist. Only proves if you hold on to something long enough it will come back into style.

Discovered Laufey's music through streaming a few month's back. Pretty girl, pleasant enough music...until one dives into to some of the lyrics. She recently made the local news because apparently her concerts are such the hot ticket that counterfeit tickets for her shows has become a thing. Quite a few (hundred) for her show locally were burned by counterfeiters using 3rd-party online resellers to cast their deceptions.

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I'm not crying; you're crying!

Mumma & Me - Mitch James

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Austin Williams - 90's Rap Mashup

Posts: 11205 | Location: The Magnolia State | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Gustofer,

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post