SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With Login/Join 
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Esperanza is awesome. Seen that one before, thanks! Wink

Don't recall if this had been posted yet:

Posts: 11395 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
Here's one for TMats:

Posts: 11395 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Being an "older" New Englander...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39017 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39017 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
I got two more:
The first is essentially an earworm of mine from 1979-80. I had to have heard it on the radio, it the only possibility. Very weird.

Then there's this. I love this song, but it is obscure.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 83v45magna,

Posts: 7332 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Here's one for TMats:

Tommy Emmanuel and Molly Tuttle

Incredible! To be able to sing AND play guitar like that at the same time is simply unimaginable to me. Thanks

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by tigereye313:
Here's one for TMats:

Tommy Emmanuel and Molly Tuttle

Incredible! To be able to sing AND play guitar like that at the same time is simply unimaginable to me. Thanks

Two marvels for sure!

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Y'all should check this guy out. I'm going through his catalog now and he is talented.

Drake White

Born 50 Years Too Late
https://youtu.be/rnp_sWuN_Vw?si=y5moMINb0dUH3l-R

My Favorite Band
https://youtu.be/shlNw-Zn8KE?si=DQjron0ocjjV_u7B

Posts: 11199 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
This song came up on “shuffle-all” during my workout yesterday. It goes back to a 1988 album called Ancient Heart. You’ll find it’s rather haunting, made more so by an instrument that I believe to be an Oboe d’amore.

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
The first artist is Eilen Jewell, from Boise, Idaho. She’s a singer/songwriter and she does tour. Her guitar player is Jerry Miller, who was a founding member of the San Francisco band, Moby Grape. He’s a very tasteful player.

We saw Eilen Jewell last night. She put on a great show. Small venue, enthusiastic crowd, and the music was just terrific. Eilen really connected with the audience and the audience loved her.

I sat next to three sisters who were big fans. One of them was seeing Eilen Jewell for the 9th time and was on her feet for the whole show.

And, yes, Jerry Miller lit the place on fire with his guitar playing.

It was one of the best shows I've been to in quite a while.

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
quote:
The first artist is Eilen Jewell, from Boise, Idaho. She’s a singer/songwriter and she does tour. Her guitar player is Jerry Miller, who was a founding member of the San Francisco band, Moby Grape. He’s a very tasteful player.

We saw Eilen Jewell last night. She put on a great show. Small venue, enthusiastic crowd, and the music was just terrific. Eilen really connected with the audience and the audience loved her.

I sat next to three sisters who were big fans. One of them was seeing Eilen Jewell for the 9th time and was on her feet for the whole show.

Very “coolRich” Wink. I’ve asked her to schedule a show down this way, but so far, no joy. I’m disappointed, we’re practically neighbors.

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1104 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

Very “coolRich” Wink. I’ve asked her to schedule a show down this way, but so far, no joy. I’m disappointed, we’re practically neighbors.

That is outrageous! Wink

I don't know where her previous dates were, but she only has a few more shows on this tour. Two of those shows are tonight and tomorrow at a festival in Michigan about 5 hours from us. The wife and I were considering taking a drive out there tomorrow, but we would have to stay over night and we have the kids/grandkids coming over on Sunday.

We will definitely catch her next time she comes through Chicago.

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
Grand Funk Railroad was two bands: There were their studio albums, and there were their live albums. I only cared for their live recordings.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10786 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:

But, my favorite band right now, and one which I don't believe is very well known, is Sons of the East. They are from Australia. I've been listening to them for a couple of years now and can't get enough of them. They were in Chicago last Fall at a small club. I put off getting tickets and they sold out. I've been keeping tabs on their website (https://www.sonsoftheeast.com/) and saw that they'll be in Chicago again this September at a slightly larger venue. This time I didn't wait and got tickets right away. I'm really looking forward to seeing them. (It will be awesome if they bring that didgeridoo with them!)

The wife and I saw Sons of the East last night at Lincoln Hall in Chicago. A relatively small, but very enthusiastic crowd, and the band let us know they appreciated the warm welcome. It was a great show and a great time was had by all. Smile

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
My niece’s husband introduced me to Red Clay Strays recently. They’re a roots band from S. Alabama, and this is right in my wheelhouse; I love this kind of music and think they’re great.

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
quote:
My niece’s husband introduced me to Red Clay Strays recently. They’re a roots band from S. Alabama, and this is right in my wheelhouse; I love this kind of music and think they’re great.

I saw them recently opening for The Steel Woods. Great band, the singer has a good sound and is a hell of a musician.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Huffman:
quote:

I saw them recently opening for The Steel Woods. Great band, the singer has a good sound and is a hell of a musician.

You and I need to go hang out sometime, Todd Big Grin

The Steel Woods are real favorites of mine too; I should have seen them twice now (along with Whiskey Myers) but that show was cancelled, late in the pandemic. I did get to see them once though.

Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

TMats, I see that Eilen Jewell will be doing some shows out West.