SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post a Song/Artist (or Two) That You’re Pretty Sure Most Forum Members Are Not Familiar With Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CoolRich59:
TMats, I see that Eilen Jewell will be doing some shows out West.

Well, Boise is her hometown and the base she operates from; just too far. The Oregon and Washington perfs are out of the question. Seems like she could at least do a show in Fort Collins. Maybe I’ll message her again; artists seem to like it when you request a show.

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Found these guys recently while looking for bands with brass.

Some other songs from them that you should check out are Goon Squad, Lola(a Kinks cover), Brendan, Pedro, Get Over, All or Nothing, Little Lighter, and Young Tom Rose.

Posts: 11198 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
The Germans got the band back together.

Posts: 11198 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
IMY2 Fleetwood Mac Cover

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3906 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39013 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23954 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post

Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5041 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5437 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
@rainman64

Would that be called K-Metal?

ETA: Nope, they're Japanese. J-Metal Big Grin

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I’ll guess that Big Swede knew First Aid Kit were sisters, Klara and Johanna Söderberg from…Sweden. I liked it.

Honestly, I haven’t listened to many other artists posted here recently; I need to take the time.

Posts: 13455 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Not unfamiliar if you've seen Sling Blade, but for whatever reason this song just popped into my head.

Posts: 21248 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
If you want interesting Swedish groups check out this brother and sister. Their music is very catchy and...and...I'm not even sure what to call it.

"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post

Posts: 21248 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
James McMurtry.

Choctaw Bingo
https://youtu.be/AWEJPqJtZsk

Wow! Maybe just me and my head but as I started listening images of Leo Kottke and the Traveling Wilburys popped up.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16418 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
@Skull Leader

Yea!
J-Metal!

Big Grin

Posts: 5041 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thought it was time to add a few more. Razz

I can take them or leave them, but my son is a big Fleet Foxes fan. A while back, they joined up with the band Big Red Machine (not the Cincinnati Reds Wink) and another singer, Anais Mitchell. One of their songs, Phoenix, I find totally addictive.

Not too long ago, I came across this band from Milwaukee. I don't know much about them except that they're still around. They'll be playing up in Door County, Wisc in June if anyone is in the area.

I love a good murder ballad. This one (Mississippi) by the Secret Sisters is one of my favorites. They just played this past week at the Old Town School of Folk Music in Chicago. I would loved to have seen them, but tickets were sold out by the time I found out about the show.

Posts: 6521 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11948 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Who's that??? Razz

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39013 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Who's that??? Razz

Thanks for asking Cool

Here is Jesse Hunter “Long Legged Hannah From Butte Montana”. His career fizzled out quickly, now just a note in history. I thought he had great talent.

I love this song. Great memories of dancing in the clubs back in the day.

Posts: 11948 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post