SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 128 129 130 131
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I picked up an Elmer T. Lee and a Russel’s 15 at retail. I was happy with it even if the Russell’s is in the mid $200 range. Most I’ve ever spent on a bottle by far.

Posts: 717 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: December 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
Had some Russels 15 a few weeks ago down in Boca Grande, very tasty but it aint cheap.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9746 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Made the trip last weekend to Lou e vull to celebrate a buddy's six O birthday and got some great tastings in.

Enjoyed a bottle of Weller full proof and J Mattingly while we were there.

Fun times!

Posts: 921 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
My wife likes the Elijah Craig Toasted, it's an allocated bourbon so most stores never have it, but if they do they charge a premium for it.

I was able to pick up a couple of bottles over the last few years but paid way above MSRP however the wife is happy.

Fast forward to the last two weekends, a local liquor store has had it on the shelf at MSRP so we bought some more.
So now we have a couple of backup bottles.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2634 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Found a bottle of Weller 12 this week.

Seems like a good evening to pull out a cigar and enjoy.

Cheers~

Posts: 921 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^Nice Score!!!

Due to a recent ablation, my bourbon consumption has been limited recently.

What else is everyone finding in the wild?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare is still in abundance, $40-50 around here, I buy at least a bottle a month and store it

I tried a Templeton Rye called Midnight Rye, oh my is it tasty, has a bit of port in it

Posts: 5528 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Eagle Rare is still in abundance, $40-50 around here, I buy at least a bottle a month and store it

I tried a Templeton Rye called Midnight Rye, oh my is it tasty, has a bit of port in it

Eagle Rare is still on limited allocation here in VA. VA has state run liquor stores so I suppose they are limited supplies at least for us.

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2708 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare is pretty much gone in MN these days. Last bottle I found was probably 2 years ago and I paid $40. Now when shops get it in they are asking way too much for it or it never hits the shelves because it goes home with the owners or to their buddies.

When I was out in Wyoming a few weeks ago I picked up a Buffalo Trace White Dog Mash #1. I thought it was quite tasty even though it was $20 for a 375.

Saw a complete set of Blantons Gold but wasn't going to drop $2k on it. Owner would only sell as a set.

Best local buy I've gotten lately was a James E Pepper Barrel Proof.

Posts: 2498 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Eagle Rare is a strong favorite of mine and I still get excited when I find a bottle for retail.

For me, it offers a lot for a 10 year old. I don't even mind paying the price at the BT Distillery.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36897 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got together with a good friend last night and I opened my bottle of John J bowman Single Barrel that I had found in South Dakota back in March.

I've always liked the Bowman Brothers Small Batch but the Single Barrel blew it away.

Too bad its as scarce as Blantons and other allocated bottles in my area. I certainly be on the hunt for another when I'm back in the area in February.

Posts: 2498 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Ooh yeah - I like Eagle Rare a lot also.

I pick up another bottle once or twice a month just because. It's not super rare here, but doesn't last long on the shelf.

I was able to try some of the Holladay Soft Red Wheat the other night and enjoyed it, but not enough of a draw to purchase a bottle.

Opened an Uncle Nearest 1856 and really liked the caramel notes. Clean finish and great on the palette neat.

Cheers~

Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I’m drinking Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel tonight. It has really calmed down since I first cracked this bottle about 10 months ago. On first taste it was extremely oaky and I didn’t like it. It’s much better now. Someone gave me another bottle and, though this one isn’t quite finished, I guess I need to go ahead and open the new one.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10568 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post