SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
My smokin' hot Wife is the best. A whiskey Advent Calendar Big Grin

No she doesn't have any sisters

Flaviar Advent Calendar

Around the Whiskyverse in 24 days.

Embark on an interstellar Christmas Odyssey through the Cosmos of Whiskies and go where your taste buds haven’t been before with the 2021 Flaviar Advent Calendar. 24 vials of 45 ml will take you to another Whisky planet each day of the Advent, and you might find a new favorite among the Bourbons, Rye Whiskeys, the drams from Scotland and Ireland, Single Malts from Israel and Taiwan, and others. This journey covers all styles and origins on the map. That’s twenty-four small steps for your palate, one giant leap for your Spirits-tasting journey!

WHAT’S INSIDE:

24 samples of premium Whiskeys (45 ml each)
Glencairn glass
Concrete coaster
Booklet with notes

You obviously have a real "keeper" of a wife......in addition to being smokin' hot!!! Let us know if you find something new that tickles your palate.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'm sampling an Elijah Craig 1789 Small Batch tonight, courtesy of a friend from work.

I love my team! Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13495 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Oh what fun!

Day one was Wyoming Whiskey small batch, I liked it very much. Nice nose and flavors, vanilla up front, caramel and spice at the end

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
So, for the second year, a co-worker and I got on to the Single Barrel Select event for Sazerac.

Great opportunity to secure your own barrel of many different Sazerac offerings.

I was # 19,363 and my buddy drew # 24,560.

Lat year I was in the 3000's and he was in the 4000's. Amazed at our numbers for today.

It appears approx. 250 barrels were sold, none to either of us.

Did anyone else participate in the Single Barrel Select event today? If so, did you get a barrel?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
It’s become my habit to cruise the booze aisle on every Costco trip theses days.

Today they had something I hadn’t seen before, Four Roses Single Barrel (100 proof). I’m enjoying my bottle of Four Roses Small Batch and they only had about 12-15 bottles left, so I went ahead and grabbed a bottle.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
On that bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel will be a four digit code, like OBSV or OBSK, which will denote which of their several mash recipes was used, there are ten different ones or something like that, each with a unique flavor.

You can lookup what the codes mean to know the recipes of each.

Enjoy.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
On that bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel will be a four digit code, like OBSV or OBSK, which will denote which of their several mash recipes was used, there are ten different ones or something like that, each with a unique flavor.

Enjoy.

10 recipes: 2 different mashbills x 5 different yeast strains.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:

Enjoy.

Hmmmm, not finding any such code.

Warehouse No. “K W”
Barrel No. “15-6 R”

Are obvious markings on the label. Not so obvious, very small on edge of warehouse/barrel label, printed vertically is “321DLW1”

On back label, also vertically near the very edge is “321UBK2”

Final marking is “1136 29221 4323” printed on the glass bottle (no label) down near the bottom.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10937 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I dunno, maybe they're all the same now?

Interesting. I'll ask around and look.

Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

That's right. Thanks. Wonder why his isn't marked.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

That's right. Thanks. Wonder why his isn't marked.

It’s the standard release single barrel which is 100 proof and always OBSV. They don’t list the recipe on those bottles.

The private selection single barrel program offers each of the 10 recipes at barrel proof. My local Costco region picks various recipes for stores or the region a few times each year.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Oh. Thanks...

Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Finished my Eagle Rare collection last evening.

Eagle Rare has been a favorite of mine for several months.

A year ago, the week before Thanksgiving, I score my first 750 ml in Batesville, IN.

I have since scored bottles in Sharonville, Covington and at the Distillery.

Earlier this year, a guy I work with, hunts with a fiend from VA. he said he usually brings him a couple of handles of ER. he asked if I would trade him two 750 ml. of ER and a 750 of WSR for a ER handle. Hell yes.

Last evening, a buddy from work called me and told me they had 375 ml. bottles of ER and Blanton's at The Party Source in KY. I headed over immediately and was able to score one of each.

The 1.75 is just so cool, IMO. It is like a damn trophy.

Here are all three sizes together.

Looking forward to this weekend.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm a fan and also jealous of those bottles

Posts: 5318 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
I used to find handles of ER but they're hens teeth now. If course, so are 750s.

Even the 750s are taller than almost every other bottle and won't fit in cabinets.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Today was the yearly raffle for the B&M store. I’ll post the price list. They had 4 EHT warehouse C when I got in. All 4 guys in front of me took one. Choose the Handy. They had a case of EHT BP. Last year I was picked 125, this year I was 43.

Handy is home

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
What was the price on the warehouse C?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9687 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
What a great score. Congratulations.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
What was the price on the warehouse C?

Everything was MSRP and it wasn’t on the list. I almost went EHT BP . Prior to going in my wish list was BTAC or EHT BP. I decided on Handy as I like rye, and high rye bourbons. I love EHT and it is my favorite bourbon, but I don’t drink barrel proofs straight and I cut them with water anyway so it just higher proof single barrel at that point.

I can’t believe all four guys in front of me took the warehouse C.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GA Gator:
I can’t believe all four guys in front of me took the warehouse C.

It's a quick and easy $1000+ flip.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post