SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Those prices you are seeing are way to high. That’s why they are still on the shelf.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
40's for the EHT Small Batch and anywhere from $32.00-$40.00 for ER.

Both of these are favorites of mine. However, please recognize I have only been in the Bourbon Hunt since May of last year. I still uncertain I would be able to appreciate a Bourbon that costs significantly more than those on my shelf, which for the most part range from $15.00-$60.00.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Three stores all got barrel picks this week, Blanton’s and ER.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! What a score.

Enjoy!!!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Being “new” to bourbon I don’t feel constrained by rules or tradition. While I’m ok drinking it straight, I preferred cold mixed drinks for the most part. Has about 1 shot left in an old bottle of JD so decided to be creative and try something out tonight, say what you will but I liked it.

1.5 oz Jack Daniels, 1.5 oz Grand Marnier, 12 oz Ginger Ale over ice.

Found it tasty and refreshing. Did a search and didn’t find anything using that combination, so it just might be an original.

I finally got around to trying this. It is really good and one I will enjoy again in the future.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pepsiblue:
I’ve been thinking about getting a bourbon barrel, and making a display out of that.

I found this image a good while back -- might be interesting for you:

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:

You're in my territory bro

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:

You're in my territory bro

Super Beverage Grayson
Legacy loganville
Branded Barrel on Pleasant Hill

Super Bev and Legacy were sold out by Fri noonish

Super Bev gets their delivers of Buffalo Trace products on Wed / Thursday check in Thursday late afternoon early evening. Sometimes they hold stuff and put it out early Friday.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

A man of few words
posted Hide Post
Has anyone tried one of the Barrell New Year offerings?

https://www.barrellbourbon.com/newyear

I'm going to pick up a Christmas bottle for myself soon and the Barrell caught my eye. The 2021 seemed to have good reviews overall.

Option two for the new bottle is Booker's. Two totally different options, but those two are what I'm between at the moment.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Latest family photo. Been nursing the Stagg Jr and Birthday Bourbon for years now.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Being “new” to bourbon I don’t feel constrained by rules or tradition. While I’m ok drinking it straight, I preferred cold mixed drinks for the most part. Has about 1 shot left in an old bottle of JD so decided to be creative and try something out tonight, say what you will but I liked it.

1.5 oz Jack Daniels, 1.5 oz Grand Marnier, 12 oz Ginger Ale over ice.

Found it tasty and refreshing. Did a search and didn’t find anything using that combination, so it just might be an original.

I finally got around to trying this. It is really good and one I will enjoy again in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, glad you liked it.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
I went to several LLS yesterday, Saturday. The lines were dozens of customers long. I bought a bottle of bottom shelf ET BiB. The cases of allocated whiskey were stocked up. Folks are more than happy to celebrate and get over the Covid BS. The sales were oriented to party products.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I was talking today with a guy who has been in the hunt for four years.

He likened men and their Bourbon, to boys and their baseball cards....................Hey, he is right. The hunt is a lot of the fun.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryanZ06:

I'm going to pick up a Christmas bottle for myself soon and the Barrell caught my eye. The 2021 seemed to have good reviews overall.

Option two for the new bottle is Booker's. Two totally different options, but those two are what I'm between at the moment.

Barrell Bourbon?
No hesitation, DO IT!

I got a bottle of I cant remember what batch 2 years ago for Christmas, probably one of the smoothest yet flavorful bourbons I've ever tasted! Was able to get a bottle of Cask Strength later on... just as good! Talked a few friends into getting bottles as well, and of course some sharing... Not a bad one yet!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man of few words
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
quote:
Originally posted by bryanZ06:

Barrell Bourbon?
No hesitation, DO IT!

I got a bottle of I cant remember what batch 2 years ago for Christmas, probably one of the smoothest yet flavorful bourbons I've ever tasted! Was able to get a bottle of Cask Strength later on... just as good! Talked a few friends into getting bottles as well, and of course some sharing... Not a bad one yet!

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised!

With an endorsement like that I couldn't say no! I ordered it this morning. I'm looking forward to cracking it open while watching bowl games on NYE.

Posts: 1010 | Location: Georgia | Registered: September 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally learned how to upload pics. This is my bar and bourbon collection.

The E H Taylor small batch bottled in bond is incredible, my new favorite. Easy drinking on the rocks and very smooth.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
There is a lot of good drinking right there.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post

Opened the Christmas bottle for this year a little early. I am not wheat fan, but I can appreciate how smooth this is. This will last a while I don’t drink more than one of these at a time just to sweet.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
New bourbon fan here with a small, yet hopeful collection of small batch bourbons. Have to say that you guys have some great collections.

I'd love to run across a bottle of Blantons for my collection but here in the Tampa Bay area I have less than a zero chance of landing one due to the high demand.

Do you feel that it was worth what you paid for the Blantons?

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
Anything from Buffalo Trace seems to be unobtanium around here lately and when they do pop up, my local shop runs a bit high (Eagle Rare was at $70 last time I saw it there).

My daughter was in ND over Christmas and asked me what letter I had on my Blantons bottle. Maybe she found a good deal on one there... Smile

Planning on opening an EH Taylor on New Years Eve Smile

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post