SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
Don't burn
the day away
posted Hide Post
I was able to find a Weller Full Proof and an EHT SB last week. Will open the Weller on NYE.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Worcester County, MA  | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I’ve gotten in the habit of checking the booze cabinet every time I go to the grocery store.

Decided today was the day to try Rye. I’ve seen several references to the Sazerac on here and the Templeton seems to get good reviews. Tempelton was on sale as well, $30 vs regular price of $55 and I am a sucker for a good deal.

My bottle of Buffalo Trace is at the halfway mark, so bought a bottle of Four Roses as a GP bourbon for mixed drinks once the BT is gone.

Edit to add…

Just cracked open the Sazerac and gave it a try neat. Really liked it, very smooth with nice flavors and finish. Mixed with whiskey sour mix and Pepsi it is just as good (maybe even better?) than Straight Bourbon.

Can’t wait to try the Templeton and see how it compares.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 911Boss,

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Was able to score this at TPS this morning, in Newport, KY.
[/URL]

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Very Nice! How do you like it?

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:

I still have not cracked it open. I felt obligated to buy it since they had it when I was there.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36842 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
quote:

I still have not cracked it open. I felt obligated to buy it since they had it when I was there.

Isn't this funny about bourbon? Around here, in FL, developing a rapport with a shop owner sometimes requires buying a bottle of something that maybe you weren't specifically looking for or maybe it's a few dollars more than you want to spend, but it goes a long way for scoring the hard to find bottles down the road. This of course varies from state to state or city to city.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
P-220 - how did your casserole turn out? Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
P-220 - how did your casserole turn out? Big Grin

It was good. Smile

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Evan Williams - Small Batch.......I like it.

Posts: 1348 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
quote:

Isn't this funny about bourbon? Around here, in FL, developing a rapport with a shop owner sometimes requires buying a bottle of something that maybe you weren't specifically looking for or maybe it's a few dollars more than you want to spend, but it goes a long way for scoring the hard to find bottles down the road. This of course varies from state to state or city to city.

I've been doing the same for the last 7 months hoping to find a bottle of Blanton's and have managed to come up with some really nice finds.

Apparently, the West Coast of Florida is not the place to luck into specifics when collecting Bourbon. The hunt continues...

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
If anybody is in the N GA area and looking for Japanese whiskey, I came across the mother lode.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Rogue and Blackguard
Picture of FPNunes
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
If anybody is in the N GA area and looking for Japanese whiskey, I came across the mother lode.

You sure did! Great find.

Save the whales. Redeem them for valuable prizes...

Posts: 1556 | Location: Missing New England everyday | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Well that was an interesting weekend! Lots of the normal BT products getting dropped on stores, but I heard a rumor that some unicorns would be hitting shelves soon and me and my little group of friends went hunting!

Friday afternoon I managed to score a Rock Hill Farms, which is delicious, if you're wondering. Then snagged a backup EHT small batch for the bunker. Saturday morning I started at a known location and didn't get anything I was after, but was able to grab a couple bottles for hunting friends.

Next store I did get a 1792 Aged 12 years, then 3rd store was a pair of WT Kentucky Spirit (one for another friend). They all found the Weller 107, and one had a friend score them a WT Master's keep One at an out of town location!

The guy I picked up 2 bottles for struck out on the Old Fitzgerald 11yr and RHF too. I did manage to grab another backup KC12.

Monday, I had some time so made a loop and hit 15 stores in search of the Old Fitz or RHF. NADA. But I did manage to score not one, but TWO bottles of the Wild Turkey Master's Keep!!

Our state had 30 bottles, and my little group ended up with 4 of them! One of these days I will have to find a new method to post up pictures.

Also found a few new connections at our stores and picked up further intel. Here's to starting 2022 hunting season on a nice little streak.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I find the 100 proof a bit easier to get my mitts on. Love Old Grand & the rest of the “Olds bourbons.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:

I find the 100 proof a bit easier to get my mitts on. Love Old Grand & the rest of the “Olds bourbons.

Good for sipping and very good for making cocktails due to the high rye. It is Basil Hayden at a higher proof with less age. (The Old Granddad they reference actually is Basil Hayden.)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
^^^^ It has disappeared around here, went to buy some a couple of weeks ago, always on the shelf. NOPE

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
OGD 114, IMO, a solid value. I always have a bottle in my bar.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

posted Hide Post
quote:
OGD 114, IMO, a solid value. I always have a bottle in my bar.

Me too. Along with Early Times Bottled in Bond.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Early Times BiB has all but disappeared here in Idaho. Luckily I bought a few bottles at the beginning of the month.

Still haven't found the Old Fitz, but scored a 3rd WTMK this afternoon while on lunch.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Early Times BiB has all but disappeared here in Idaho. Luckily I bought a few bottles at the beginning of the month.

Still haven't found the Old Fitz, but scored a 3rd WTMK this afternoon while on lunch.

Same in Ohio. When they switched the bottle (the bottle is a little taller) and label to add Sazerac it was gone for about 3 months. It showed back up around December but is gone again as of about 3 weeks ago. I'm set for a while too but await it return.

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post