SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money...
Page 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 ... 129
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bourbon Bonanza: Update: It's only money... Login/Join 
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Johnny Drum Private Stock was, different. I don't want to say in a good or bad way, hoping it was just the neck pour, but I kept getting sour fruit/green apple flavor from it.

It's been a crazy week or two here with releases in Boise though.

Fortunate enough to get my last Blanton's letter in my collection, along with the new Basil Hayden Toast, Four Roses Single Barrel (has disappeared from shelves here) and one of my sought after bottles, Booker's Bardstown Batch 03-2021.

Still no Stagg Jr. release, but missed out on Blanton's Straight from the Barrel, Weller 12 & Full Proof last week. Did manage to secure backup bottles of McKenna 10yr and Weller 107.

Blood Pact 7 and Remus Reserve have been hitting shelves locally, but no real interest in those.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
My store has had Eagle Rare all you can buy for the last week. I have six bottles already, wonder if I should buy more at $40?

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
BigSwede-

Is $40 your normal price? We pay $35.95 here in Idaho (fixed by state, so it's the same price at every store). Some stores are designated whiskey stores though.

If you drink it and enjoy it, then I would buy it. I tend to favor the higher proof bourbons this time of year, but if I see two or more on the shelf I will buy one. We are limited to 1 per person/day.

Posts: 6847 | Location: Idaho | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
If memory serves, they were getting $30 for as long as I have shopped there. I'll have to inquire about the increase

Posts: 5320 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
You don’t need to divulge your honey hole, but whereabouts in GA are you?

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Walton County

Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Pretty good haul from the local Walgreens
8yr old Evan single barrel is one of the best values out there, and easier to find than Buffalo Trace these days

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2917 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Nice

Can anyone recommend the George Dickel 15yr?

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BigSwede:
Nice

Can anyone recommend the George Dickel 15yr?[/QUOTE

Many find Dickel has a mineral almost Flintstones vitamin taste to it. I find it to be true and don't enjoy it so I don't buy Dickel. That said I know many who do enjoy it.

The price for age on the 15yr is more than fair. There are non distilling producers who repackage the same 15yr Dickel product for a significant markup.

Given my experience with Dickel I'd try before committing to a purchase.

As to your Eagle Rare question you have six bottles. Is it your all time favorite? How often do you go through a bottle? Price increase aside it's a 10yr product and things started getting dumb around 10 years ago so supply should be catching up.

Posts: 4278 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ElKabong:
Pretty good haul from the local Walgreens
8yr old Evan single barrel is one of the best values out there, and easier to find than Buffalo Trace these days

The 2009 Single Barrel was probably their best I've had, really stood out in quality for me. I've not found any other years that matched it yet. Still trying, because I'm no quitter. Cool

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
This recent Saturday I went to the LLS attached to Costco to buy an ET BiB, and a Balcones Texas Bourbon. Both of those were sold out but a Col EH Taylor Small Batch was on the shelf so I bought it as the 'consolation prize'. Costco had the ET BiB on the shelf ten days ago but it was sold out three days ago. So the secret is out regarding ET BiB.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Today I picked up a bottle of Blantons, a 1.75 bottle of Weller Special Reserve, a .75 bottle of E.H. Taylor small batch bottled in bond, and a 1.75 bottle of Eagle Rare. Can't wait to try out the Weller and the E. H Taylor, haven't had those 2 before.

Posts: 1127 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've got mental
blue balls now
Picture of tlbailey1
posted Hide Post
Managed a nice little score last weekend, especially now that Idaho is changing how and when things are released. Picked up an Elmer T Lee, Stagg Jr. Batch 15 and Michter's US1 Bourbon

Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
Today I picked up a bottle of Blantons, a 1.75 bottle of Weller Special Reserve, a .75 bottle of E.H. Taylor small batch bottled in bond, and a 1.75 bottle of Eagle Rare. Can't wait to try out the Weller and the E. H Taylor, haven't had those 2 before.

Whole lot of goodness right there. The ER 1.75 is like a damn trophy, one I am particularly fond of.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tlbailey1:
Managed a nice little score last weekend, especially now that Idaho is changing how and when things are released. Picked up an Elmer T Lee, Stagg Jr. Batch 15 and Michter's US1 Bourbon

WOW, damn nice score there.

Never seen Elmer T. in the wild. There has been some Stagg Jr. (not sure of the batch) in the Cincy area. People have been posting them on the Bourbon Society page.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:

WOW, damn nice score there.

Never seen Elmer T. in the wild. There has been some Stagg Jr. (not sure of the batch) in the Cincy area. People have been posting them on the Bourbon Society page.

Yeah, that's a jackpot for sure. When I see Elmer around these parts it's $250-$300 and just cant sell myself on it at that price.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Ugh. Elmer was about $30, all day, for ages.

The $300/bottle people can go fuck themselves, vigorously.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
Just purchased my first Eagle Rare in probably 2 years. Haven't seen it in the shelves in that long. Snagged 2 bottles and it has increased in price by 50%. Used to be 30, was 45 today. But I like it.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
Just purchased my first Eagle Rare in probably 2 years. Haven't seen it in the shelves in that long. Snagged 2 bottles and it has increased in price by 50%. Used to be 30, was 45 today. But I like it.

When I see Eagle Rare here and in south florida, they want $60+ for it.

NRA Life Member

No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:

When I see Eagle Rare here and in south florida, they want $60+ for it.

My guy said they flooded GA with it for some reason, I'm up to 8 bottles now because it will disappear soon. Some of them will be Christmas gifts for my good clients. It's $40 here