SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I can't find any damn servers that are as good as what we had. Shit is frustrating.

There's a few with slow zombies but then they have only AI air patrols and they're easy as hell.

And almost every single one allows players to build on top of loot spawns, which is just SO fucking stupid.

Every hangar at any given airfield is walled up.

I even saw one with a huge fucking custom admin made castle RIGHT next to the aircraft dealer...what the fuck?

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
So i guess the servers are still down?

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
So i guess the servers are still down?

Yea. Gurney had some military shit this weekend and I think Nala is seeing everything in numbers (a la the matrix) from so much coding.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Last I heard, Thunder had moved his server to another host, like Gurney, so Nala and Thunder were off getting tits deep in the coding and whatnot. For all I know though, fifteen minutes after I left they passed out and lost all the work when they nodded off with a finger on the backspace key.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:
Last I heard, Thunder had moved his server to another host, like Gurney, so Nala and Thunder were off getting tits deep in the coding and whatnot. For all I know though, fifteen minutes after I left they passed out and lost all the work when they nodded off with a finger on the backspace key.

All I know is that this game sucks major dick when you're playing by yourself.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

All I know is that this game sucks major dick when you're playing by yourself.

Yes. This is very much a social, teamplay kind of game. Alone is okay in small doses, especially if you're established and have folks to play with, but you just got a little time to kill after work so you decide to go hunting and explore the countryside around base or whatever.

quote:

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I'm just getting frustrated that we had some awesome shit happening and now we're down to nothing. No one hardly logs on, and I refuse to play on Shoguns busted ass server even though that's where Arc is spending his time.

I know they're working on it and stuff, and I know that shit would make me want to kill myself if I was doing it (trust me, I looked into it).

Still hard to not get agitated though, especially when trying to play on other servers where shit is just all jacked up. Skybases and custom bases with walled in loot spawns and hangars out the ass that are all walled up.

Fast zombies are also fucking retarded. I cannot emphasize that enough.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just getting frustrated that we had some awesome shit happening and now we're down to nothing. No one hardly logs on, and I refuse to play on Shoguns busted ass server even though that's where Arc is spending his time.

I know they're working on it and stuff, and I know that shit would make me want to kill myself if I was doing it (trust me, I looked into it).

Still hard to not get agitated though, especially when trying to play on other servers where shit is just all jacked up. Skybases and custom bases with walled in loot spawns and hangars out the ass that are all walled up.

Fast zombies are also fucking retarded. I cannot emphasize that enough.

I'll get the IP for the server I've been playing on. Still fast zombies that will chase you out of town. Looting is run & gun or pure stealth.

But the AI is ridiculous. Sometimes all you hear is a gunshot and that damn hourglass appears.

BUT I agree with you guys. I didn't have a car or real established base. I just went and looted. Then threw what I came back with into one of the sheds. But I like playing with you guys as my first option.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The maintainence system on Shoguns wasn't working for weeks, so that's why there are huge bases everywhere. Though, we'll see if it stays that way, because everyone can just run to the Candy Store in their armor or blackhawk right now.

I'm working on a less-obvious, more glitch/grief protected base, the old one is almost empty, it may be just a husk tonight.

I'll leave a lock on the front door though, to make sure anyone who gets in without a helicopter will starve. Also, once the new base is going, the old one can be used as a big piece of bait.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I was playing on a fairly decent server the other night. (No patrolling AI though, just heli's...which was weird...walking zeds though) Got myself a locking MVTR and was cruising around the map looking for places to park it out of the way. Rolled up on some guys base, turned around and left. Find a chopper and lift my truck to find a place easier.

As I'm flying, see another base and the fuckhead just opens up on me. Chopper disabled and I land it somehow....except my cargo truck is now still attached to it....underground.

Guy says "my buddy said you were trying to steal from his base, so I shot you down because you were trying to steal from mine".

Motherfucker, I left his base when I saw it belonged to a person...and furthermore I was just fucking FLYING around. Fucking people. Shit pissed me off so much. So fuck that server full of bitches.

"Well this is the most pvp server on day-z"

"Oh, is that why there's 5 people on? Shitbrick"

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Looks like the server I was on is her: 98.142.221.58:2342

All the guys were very cool. Picked me up in a helo. Asked me where I wanted to go. One dropped me off at his base and told me to help my self to weapons & food. Then just left in his helo.

I'd recommend you guys drop in and check it out.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
This past weekend was double-XP weekend on MechWarrior online so...yeah, I kinda did that a little bit instead. I had a bunch of sub-optimal mechs I was trying to grind XP on while it was easy to do (The Locust is a steaming pile of crap, in case anyone was wondering.) I'll probably be back on a little later this week, and hopefully 'our' server is back up by then. Also, MWO is much easier to drop in for 10-20 minutes and then hop back out when real life calls. It takes a bigger block of time to really get anything done in DayZ.

I'm sorry, but Shogun's server is just so painfully slow. I bought a friggin' Radeon R290X at Christmas and the rest of my PC is nothing to sneeze at either, but the best I get on his server is 20 FPS. That was, quite literally, the fastest video card I could find at the time. I know we have an established presence and a nice safe place to hang there, but actually going out and playing is frustrating. I'll deal with it if that is where people are, but that kid needs to get his shit cleaned up. There is just no reason for it to be that slow.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Shogun's server is pretty bad. No amount of client side hardware can fix it.

My machine is running SSD's, 32 gigs of ram, and a mildly overclocked i7. 20 fps if nothing is happening. It's like he limited the frame rate for everyone because he himself has a shitty video card.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Certainly I can't play on anything lower than 20, but I don't find 20 too bad. more is better, of course.

As far as "Nice safe place to hang," not so much with the large base at Shoguns, due to the server-built barn being part of the base. The new one is all player built, and while it would be easy to grenade right now, someone can't blow a hole in the side and walk in. So it's secure as long as people lock the doors.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was playing on a fairly decent server the other night. (No patrolling AI though, just heli's...which was weird...walking zeds though) Got myself a locking MVTR and was cruising around the map looking for places to park it out of the way. Rolled up on some guys base, turned around and left. Find a chopper and lift my truck to find a place easier.

As I'm flying, see another base and the fuckhead just opens up on me. Chopper disabled and I land it somehow....except my cargo truck is now still attached to it....underground.

Guy says "my buddy said you were trying to steal from his base, so I shot you down because you were trying to steal from mine".

Motherfucker, I left his base when I saw it belonged to a person...and furthermore I was just fucking FLYING around. Fucking people. Shit pissed me off so much. So fuck that server full of bitches.

Alright. Let's all go here and just steal everything from this guy's base.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I have grenades. I want to use them.

Obviously not a golfer
Picture of g8rforester
posted Hide Post
I should be on tonight. Shogun's or otherwise.

Posts: 2438 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: September 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
Now shogun's server is down tonight.

The gods conspire against me gaming.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:

Alright. Let's all go here and just steal everything from this guy's base.

Haha. Played some there last night and discovered you don't need a plot pole to build...so I busted out a chainsaw and created a fairly decent base wrapped around one of those hay barns. Had a Mk12 sniper and heard a car driving down the road...they stopped in the middle of the road for some reason, so I said fuck it and shot them both in the head.

One of them was the guy who had killed me a couple nights before...justice was so sweet. Took his large gun bag, weapons, briefcase, etc etc. It felt SO good. He also called me a fag. That's how you know you've made it on the internets.

Gurney's server showed it was back up last night before I went to bed on the new host, but I don't know if it's still screwed up. Nala and Thunder are working on the Ferris Bueller server and it's up, but is still in test mode so it has bugs that need ironed out.

Seems like we'll be good to go again here in the next week I'd say. I can't fuckin' wait!

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
Now shogun's server is down tonight.

The gods conspire against me gaming.

It's because you're a jackboot, duh.

quote:

One of them was the guy who had killed me a couple nights before...justice was so sweet. Took his large gun bag, weapons, briefcase, etc etc. It felt SO good. He also called me a fag. That's how you know you've made it on the internets.

We're gonna have to get you a cake. I am curious, however, about this no plotpole thing. That doesn't sound right at all.

quote: