SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
NWA clan is based at Rog. Took some satchels over last night and laid siege to their base. Killed about 4 of them and blew up a BRDM2 as well as their main building, muahaha.

LOL! Love it. Big Grin

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The Balota base decayed except for what I've manually maintained, now we wait for the safes to pop.

Also, 4 STA guys on tonight. So they were building a new base the other day.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Anyone with an OP tag is KOS, I was doing a mission with Hobbit, who is cool, and they shot us in the back while we were killing AI. Then they claimed they were friendly.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Oh Arc, Godsmoke was messing with you last night about his safe btw. He spilled coffee on his day-z note sheet so he gave me some random numbers.

Somehow, and this wasn't even the safe he was talking about, they worked.

So I loaded up the briefcases in a merlin and started heading to my base all ninja like.

Get over Vybor and kicked to lobby. I panicked, logged back in.

...just in time to see myself standing on the ground...with a Merlin doing a nosedive 100m in front of me...with 119 briefcases on it.

After feeling like throwing up, with my hand on my forehead like I had just wrecked a fucking Ferrari, I logged into TS and Shogun restored it for me. What a rollercoaster!

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
At ROG?!? That is unsat! When I get back I'll have to come up with a plan to get that location back.

Is my base in good shape?

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Your base at zub is fine.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Have no fear, they're building on the server buildings. I've already blown it up once with a few satchel charges and murdered them.

So last night I hop on before bed and decide to go do a little HF because it's starting to turn into night.

Fly up and land at Xack's expired base to check the safes, and some dickhole starts shooting at me from the entrance to HF. Hits me twice, hide behind a truck sitting up there and bandage/bloodbag myself. Still unsure if it was AI or a player so I start looping around all forest ninja like. Well out of the corner of my eye I see this MORON dressed in bright white trying to creep through the woods. I slip into a pine tree and he's walking directly towards me but looking off to his right (head tilted). So I put one in his forehead. It's A$AP Tyca, who is a bandit by the way.

He has some medical supplies and a pkp so I just bury him and move on. Thinking about heading back to base so I can go to bed when I spot a mini-gun SUV over by the entrance. Go check it, damaged but unlocked. Score. Right as I'm about to drive off I think to myself "I'm just gonna pop around the corner and see if he's got any buddies in there with him".

All 3 gunners are up at the entrance, and then I look down and there's an Amtrack just chillin', with engine damage and tank tread damage. (It clearly took a missile from the rocket chair) So I repair it, hop in, hook the SUV up to the back, and drive off into the sunset.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The safes at Balota popped. Noone was there when I went, but there were several skull and bones in the yard.

I emptied the safes into the sheds. Except the one that is floating.

I put a plot pole back down, have to decide whether to keep that as an "outpost." It could be fun now that there is typically 30-40+ people on any given day.

Arc.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
The safes at Balota popped. Noone was there when I went, but there were several skull and bones in the yard.

I emptied the safes into the sheds. Except the one that is floating.

I put a plot pole back down, have to decide whether to keep that as an "outpost." It could be fun now that there is typically 30-40+ people on any given day.

Could be fun for an outpost. But not sure I play enough to get a vote. Don't forget to check Tractor bandit's Safes up west of HF. Those should pop any day now.

Like I said the one I got had 7-8 briefcases & 6 Thermals.

Also if you guys ever want to find a time no one is one. I logged on 8AM this morning. While watiting for the HVAC guy to show up. 5 people on.

Arc- Any way you can drop another shed in my room? There is a briefcase in my shed you can have for rent. Big Grin
All my toolboxes are taking up gun slots in my safes & shed.

Where do you have to go to sell AS550s & M1107s? I went over to Pusta Trader and couldn't find it on any of the trader menus. I picked up 4-5 from the carrier and was just going to sell them.

Server was also on a night cycle when I logged on.

I was also going to go to Ron Jeremy's Penthouse for that mission. It spawned about 1,500m north of Mogli. Found a high spot on the map and decided to come in from that way. As I start up the mountain. I see a camo SUV hidden in the woods. I knew someone had the same idea as me. Someone obviously beat me there.

Options:
- Wait for them to return. Gun them down and steal the loot. Risk death in a shootout and get no satisfaction.
- Pull the engine on the locked SUV and watch it blow.

I pulled the engine. Ran 400m out and stood there. Watched it catch fire. Burn and explode. Gorgeous to watch at night. I wished I had some marshmallows to roast.

Then I saw someone raging in side chat 15 mins later that someone blew up their SUV.

I smiled. Cause I'm that special kinda a-hole. Big Grin

This message has been edited. Last edited by: myrottiety,

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Just try and get this out of your head:

[IMG][/IMG]

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Oh god it feels so good to be a bad guy.

Last night after you guys went to bed I logged back in and went to Lone_Wolf's base. Land 2k out, ride a bicycle the rest of the way.

Start creeping up, hear the belle he was in coming in to land (not sure how I beat him back to his own base).

Ninja skills engaged, creep up to a pine tree. See him land, then he gets out and goes prone...which is REALLY odd, and he's facing the same direction as me. I'm still not sure what he was doing but he caught a bullet to the face.

Then I notice his buddy (BBCrazyCarly or something) crawling around under their base that they're building...aaaaand I shoot him/her in the face.

Carly says something about base camping and I won't lie, I snorted. I replied with "You call that camping? I call that revenge" and Lone_Wolf says "I gotta give it to you, that was good".

-7k humanity

So I run up the hill and hop in that osprey that is now unlocked on the hill next to Godsmokes old base. Fly to trader, get 2 briefs, lulz were had.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL.

Flying back to my base mozzie style, being weighed down by 2 measly briefcases...and literally 30m from descending into my base when a pook appears out of nowhere and starts shooting at me. THE NERVE!

I land carefully, lol my way up the stairs and dig around in my handy dandy floating toy chest. But...he's flown away. SONOFA-oh here he comes again, muahahahahaha.

Coming right at me, takes an Igla right to the cockpit. See a guy bail out, run downstairs to get my trusty M107 TWS...so many notches.

Anyway, run back upstairs and see him creeping around in the bushes...SHAZAM -8500 humanity.

It was Lieutenant Dan.

Put my rifle away and run outside to loot his large gunbag.

Get halfway to his body and BAM, Forrest Gump takes his revenge on my poor unarmed body.

30 seconds later I'm back inside my base, standing next to my lovely rifle safe.

Up the stairs again, bada-bing-bada-boom rifle gets another notch, I hit -10,900 humanity...2 large gunbags, and a WHOLE lot of satisfaction.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
haha. Good story.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Just try and get this out of your head:

lolz

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, rotty and I are looting the aircraft carrier.

I hadn't brought a gun, because I was thinking I might crash the chopper or get shot down, as we were just straffing towns for effect.

So, we're on the aircraft carrier, and I had found an M32. Right about that time, rotty gets killed by someone on the upper deck.

So I let one go up there, it explodes and the dude comes running down the stairs. I let another go, but it goes through the carrier.

He's running at me, I fire again it goes through the carrier instead of exploding, again.

So I run at him, get behind him and manage to scroll and detain him. Which is super cool.

Except that he fell inside the aircraft carrier.

So, I couldn't loot or kill him, and had to listen to him whine that I wouldn't "finish the job."

Still a win, and still fun that he was trapped in limbo and had to wait 2 minutes for the game to kill him when he came out of detention in the middle of a void.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure that was Schade88. Or his buddy Smitty who sounds almost identical to him on TS.

I get on around 1am and decide to fuck around with HF. Hear mozzies coming in, hide next to hangars.

See a head pop around and Schade and I shoot each other in the face at exactly the same time.

Get on TS (one of them tell me the carrier story), clear it for them, get bullshit shot at the end by a guy I shot in the head 3 times before he opened up on me with an m249 (lame shit).

Then I went to bed.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Just as I was about to log off.

I found someone's base. Exposed.

So I blew up 8 of their vehicles. Had to fly to mogli to refuel one of their choppers. Then flew to bolata to get the combo lock I dropped their earlier.

Flew all the way back. Dropped the plot pole on the middle of their three safes. Put my lock on their unlocked door. Then went and sold their UH-1 for a briefcase.

I'll need arc or someone to help me watch it and keep the plot pole until safes pop. There are 3 there. Split whatever is in there with you. Hope it's at least a few briefcases.

I'll hop on sometime tonight and get you the cords and door combo. That was like a 1.5 hour extravaganza base stealing and blowing up cars!! Big Grin

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Also everytime I try to log out in our base arc. It thinks I'm in a trader city. Let me know if you see the same issue?

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Yea I've gotten 6 plot poles yesterday and today so far...so many people building bases TERRIBLY. Found one directly west of me floating in the air...flew my mozzie in through agarage door, plucked the pole, and satchel charged their chinook and blackhawk as I floated from a safe distance in my AH-6J cackling maniacally.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Well, I revived the Balota base, and it attracted some attention last night, which I imagine it will continue to do. I'm sure people got used to seeing what they thought was a decayed base, now a complete castle is there in a blink.

Arc.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
That was good fun murdering people on the industrial building. But my humanity took like a 6K hit from it!