SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Not sure which is worse. Getting gunned down by AI in the base with your own car. Or getting gunned down 5 minutes after parachute jump by AI.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I swear, my ATV wasn't weaponized!...and by 'my ATV' I mean that one I found in the middle of the forest, so it doesn't lock. So, AI joy-riding an ATV? probably my fault. Helo-bomb or gun-truck massacre? I can safely say it wasn't me.

Oh, and the airbase down at Balota? That place is friggin' awesome. I made a run down there last night and brought back all the good stuff out of a medical crate. I didn't get any super-cool guns, but I did pick up a fuel pump and a main rotor assembly that also ended up in the sheds.

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sadlerbw:

Oh, and the airbase down at Balota? That place is friggin' awesome.

- Bret

"Alright, what do you need. Besides a miracle."

"Guns. Lots of Guns."

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
The AI must be the ones drinking all the whiskey!

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
FYI there's a V35 flatbed transport truck in the middle of the road at Pogorevka...that's mine, please don't blow it up.

I was on my way back from Stary with it before work and hit that stupid fucking roadblock and POP POP, both front tires shot. So I had to go north to get some but by the time I got both wheels I had to leave for work.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
Anyone gonna be on tonight?

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
Friday seems to be a reasonably popular night. I imagine there will be several people on. I'm going to try to get some time in, but I don't usually make it on until 9:00 EST or so. I finally hit 5000 humanity the other night, so I can go hit the hero trader and offload some of the special goodies I couldn't sell before!

- Bret

Posts: 2466 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'll be on. I learned how to fly and bought a blackhawk, so I'm happy to do some hardcore raiding with a group. I need to rebuild my money stores after buying the blackhawk.

Oh, and I need to find a replacement MK17 SD.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
I will be on Monday night, tuesay day/night and wednesday day/night. (not the whole time obviously, but those are the times I am available to play.)

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, the newest bit we've learned by killing me, is that Cesna's are packed with explosives. When you think you're far enough away to blow it up, back up some more.

Why blow up random vehicles? The server spawns a limited number, so things like Cesnas and random shit cars, just need to be "house cleaned" so that better/more useful vehicles will spawn.

Airsoft and I were driving along in my sweet armored SUV, we'd already taken out some bandits, and he says "Hey there's a plane in the feild."

It didn't have loot, and wasn't take-off material, so let's blow it up.

The other part of this equation is that the "humanity" system won't let people in the car together if someones humanity changes.

So, I'm outside the vehicle, he hops on the minigun. I say "I think we're too close."

"Nah, we're fine."

Brraaaaaaaaaappp goes the minigun.

KAAAAAAAAABBBOOOOOOOOOOOOMM goes the Cesna.

Killed me straight away, might have scratched the paint on the armored SUV.

Later that night, Gravebone had a similar experience.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Updates for people who haven't been on this weekend:

So Gurney and Nala replaced the old AI system with a completely new one.

These AI are harder than the ones we're used to. Mainly because they're new at this point and unpredictable until we learn all their tricks. But they definitely move to flank, split up, and engage from distance now. I'm pretty sure everyone on the server last night died at least once from an AI encounter.

I like it. It's brought back a sense of urgency to the game that the old AI didn't. Their spawn rate appears to be linked to the number of people on the ground and how close to a city center you are. Places like Stary, which has pretty constant traffic from real people, has a steady stream of AI trying to engage you.

The AI also now wear backpacks, and have randomized costumes. Visually identifying friend from foe is harder now. AirsSoftGuy may or may not have been the victim of M2 fire from an armored Humvee. To be fair, he was dressed like a terrorist. Backpacks are lootable, so you need to search inside the backpack as well as the body for all the loot. All AI are bandits. They are also rather accurate with their guns. So, make your friend or foe determinations quickly.

I was looting the control tower in Balota and an AI with a machine gun basically lit up the entire room with machine gun fire. From cover. At a distance. IAnother time, an AI waited for me to round a corner and unloaded an AK mag into my belly at close range. Literally, waiting.

The upside is that Gurney turned up the vehicle spawn rate, which had been reduced last week to only 200 vehicles. Lots of vehicles to find and drive/fly now. Which is good, because you'll need a functioning vehicle to escape the bandits who are now flanking you and forcing you to run across the open field, straight at their sniper.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
My tower needs at least another 2 floors.

Also Arc is correct, Cesnas go supernova when they explode. I was probably 40-50yds away when I blew one up and there was a shockwave with a mushroom cloud...at least I think so...my screen instantly went black.

With the new AI, learn to get your sights on target quick and get lead downrange. Once they identify/spot you, they'll start shooting. Cover is your best friend!

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I ask that we leave the one side with all the gates at one story.

Posts: 11167 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Might not matter much, apparently the latest server update borked a bunch of walls. So go ahead and update DayZ Epoch to the latest version, it's a 2GB download so make a sammich.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Any idea how long Gurney's server is going to be down?

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Went over to Shogun's to see what's the haps, goddamn is that place a bucket of shit. It's run by a 13 year old or something. Just big stupid shit all over the place, maxing out at like 11FPS with an average of 7. Fuck that noise.

quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:

No idea.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
I logged onto some random server last night and people had built their bases all along the southern coast where newbs spawn...it was...weird. Though I'm totally going to build a little mini-base at some point with a safe and a few goodies for when I fresh respawn. That way I don't get fucked by the AI/other players (lolwut?).

Assuming of course the wall vanishing act isn't going to be a new random thing.

Oh by the way, our base is just a bunch of vehicles neatly lined up in a field now with a bunch of shit floating in the air. GG Day-z..gg

posted Hide Post
I haven't played any DayZ in awhile, but a coworker of mine is huge into Epoch and keeps telling me about his adventures Big Grin

I'm not sure which server he's on, but he's always commenting on how aggressive the AI is. Most recently his armored SUV was under attack from the air, so he drove to the treeline to try to get a bit of cover. He bailed and ran, as one of the choppers did a full-on Kamikaze run and crashed right into it. Pretty sure he lived. I think he said he got knocked out bleeding, but because of his hero points he auto-bandaged and recovered a little bit of health..

I dunno, been thinking of giving it another try. I have a guy on the Vanilla DayZ hive who's pretty well equipped (love me my M14-Aimpoint, got a DMR in the backpack) but may join you guys some night Smile

-Brew

Posts: 1125 | Location: Cow Hampshire | Registered: September 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:

I was off yesterday and today. The days the server is down! Nooooooooo!!!.....

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh by the way, our base is just a bunch of vehicles neatly lined up in a field now with a bunch of shit floating in the air. GG Day-z..gg

Well that is...interesting. Good thing most of the cars are lockable I guess. I wonder if my safe is close enough to the ground that I can still open it from below?

Oh, and please tell me the sheds are still there. I know someone kept raiding them, but there was still a BUNCH of usable stuff in those.

- Bret