SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone)
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 47
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DayZ (ARMA 2 mod, not the standalone) Login/Join 
Nothing's gonna change my world
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
By the way, he's tossing around the idea of making his servers Overpoch, which is a combination of Overwatch and Epoch.

I downloaded Overwatch last night and it's pretty sweet, he already has most of the stuff on his servers now, except there's 600+ NEW weapons.

And they are AWESOME. 6.5 stuff, 6.8 stuff, K98, Galil, USP, P226, Tec-9, HK417...I could go on and on.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Cherno 2 is now Overpoch, oh man the weapons

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
Hopefully I'll be on later tonight to check it out. And after I had just fell in love with the MK17.

Out side of the new weapons. Any other big differences?

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by myrottiety:
Hopefully I'll be on later tonight to check it out. And after I had just fell in love with the MK17.

Out side of the new weapons. Any other big differences?

That's pretty much it to be honest...the amount of weapons now is just...amazing. I have every flavor of ACR known to man now...and a bullpup dragunov, and an M110 SD that uses regular DMR mags...and and and a galil, and an HK416, and an HK417...SO MANY GUNS

The barracks in HF right now are more worth looting than the bunker itself until he gets the new shit put into the bunker.

Posts: 7764 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The suppressed SR-25 is nice, suppressed 417, two M21s, it's sweet.

There are also new costumes, where you scroll on a regular costume for its alternate.

I'm wearing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. camo right now.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Yea I went on a weapons collecting bender last night, then solo'd HF without a single death. Was sad to see the NPC's weren't carrying new weapons yet, but then Shogun popped up in red admin chat and said he's working on it lol.

Tonight Arc....tonight we hoard.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
Yea I went on a weapons collecting bender last night, then solo'd HF without a single death. Was sad to see the NPC's weren't carrying new weapons yet, but then Shogun popped up in red admin chat and said he's working on it lol.

Tonight Arc....tonight we hoard.

I'm in for some good old fashioned hoarding!!

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8853 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Found a wood m14 with irons last night that I wanted but didn't have room for. Need to get MOAR m14's!

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Was on today, someone got banned for shooting into a trader zone to try to destroy a vehicle. With a suppressed Chey-Tac. So, those are available now too.

Arc.

Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
tried to join you guys once more and I broke it. Fooking hell. At first I could only get into Cherno 1 but not 2 now I cant get into both since I updated things. Frown

"Bad version Server connection rejected"

ETA:
After trying a few tweaks think I'll nuke and pave it. Reinstalling now. Then re doing all the mods and junk. If I cant get it working I give up. Mad

This message has been edited. Last edited by: mn_smokeater,

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The servers have new IPs, your bookmarks in DayZ Commander are probably old. Just get on Mumble some night, and we'll get you sorted.

Also, What was Cherno 2, is now "Overpoch" meaning you'll need to download the Overwatch mod in the commander, and add this line in the "settings" tab of commander:

-mod=@DayZOverwatch

Arc.

Sigforum said: "You'll be fine trust us."

Picture of mn_smokeater
posted Hide Post
I was able to get dropped into the woods somewhere North of Balota on çherno 2. Need to tweak settings back from defaults. Then shake off the rust. Haven't gone PvP in some time.

~------------------------------~
"Other Duties as Assigned"

Posts: 1355 | Location: Bemidji, MN | Registered: March 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Good news! Cars and helis now spawn randomly on the map again!

That, and it looks like you can't buy AAVs, or LAVs/BTRs with cannons anymore. Which frankly, is good. Just have to hang on what we have, until the assholes get theirs destroyed.

The new guns and costumes, now cars spawning, makes it feel like DayZ of olde.

Arc.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Went up to check out tractor jerks decayed base today, and got blown up in my mozzie, I was able to shoot a rocket at their LAV before I was shot with an AW-50.

So, I guess they haven't moved on, which is a bummer. one of them was at the remains of their base, I guess I didn't see him on before I went up there.

Not sure if I got the LAV or not. I hope I did, because that would make up for the minigun SUV and loot they took from me by camping a mission.

Arc.

Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Will you guys post up a vid of a kick ass raid at some point, maybe just highlights from some kills? I don't play, but enjoy watching.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:
Will you guys post up a vid of a kick ass raid at some point, maybe just highlights from some kills? I don't play, but enjoy watching.

I need to start running fraps during shenanigans.

Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gravebone:
quote:
Originally posted by matthew03:

I need to start running fraps during shenanigans.

Maybe run it for a sector run one night when several of us are on. If I ran it. It would only show me mozzie'ing back & forth to my death over & over! Big Grin

Also I know you were getting your gear back. Did Shogun ban the base glitchers?

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
Yea they were banned and I got about 85-90% of my stuff back.

Balota base is going to decay soon, Arc and I removed all the important stuff from there last night. All that's left is random building supplies and allllll those safes that are still locked.

Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Lot more activity on the server lately, I helped out a bunch of UN guys, they seem alright, they're kids.

The Balota base hasn't decayed yet, maybe by tonight, I haven't paid it in a week or more now.

Arc.

Picture of Gravebone
posted Hide Post
NWA clan is based at Rog. Took some satchels over last night and laid siege to their base. Killed about 4 of them and blew up a BRDM2 as well as their main building, muahaha.