SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
The first volume of a two album tribute to the songs of John Prine is out, with a second being released in November. The tribute albums are titled Broken Hearts and Dirty Windows (vol. I and II) after a line in this song, “Souvenirs,” from the 1972 album Diamonds in the Rough. Prine is accompanied by his good friend, Steve Goodman, one of the best acoustic guitar players ever.

Bonus recording. Steve Goodman singing “You’re the Girl I Love” from the 1977 album, Say It in Private. Really outstanding. Both performances are.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
I enjoy the "TRIBUTE to STEVE GOODMAN" album, John Prine performs on that album along with many others.
Outstanding album and OUTSTANDING pressing on the vinyl!

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
The first volume of a two album tribute to the songs of John Prine is out, with a second being released in November. The tribute albums are titled Broken Hearts and Dirty Windows (vol. I and II) after a line in this song, “Souvenirs,” from the 1972 album Diamonds in the Rough. Prine is accompanied by his good friend, Steve Goodman, one of the best acoustic guitar players ever.

Bonus recording. Steve Goodman singing “You’re the Girl I Love” from the 1977 album, Say It in Private. Really outstanding. Both performances are.

(/video)

Souvenirs is perhaps my favorite Prine song (in a close tie with Lake Marie and I learned how to pick it a few years back. That was a chore for me as a relatively new player back then but I stuck with it.

The last time I saw him live was at the Chicago Theater a few days after the Cubs won the World Series. I saw him live probably a dozen times over the years and he would always pay some kind of tribute to Steve Goodman during the concert. This time, since Goodman was a die hard Cubs fan (and had written/recorded the Go Cubs Go song), they played that and told a lot of stories about him. That was always my favorite part of Prine concerts...the stories.

After that particular concert I got to meet him. It was more of an accidental thing as we were talking with his brother when he just walked up. I'm not, by any stretch, a celebrity worshipper, but this guy wrote and played the soundtrack for a lot of my life and it really was wonderful to meet him. A super nice and gracious man.

Lake Marie

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I quit listening to popular music in the 1950.
flashguy

You have no soul.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

(/video)

Souvenirs is perhaps my favorite Prine song (in a close tie with Lake Marie and I learned how to pick it a few years back. That was a chore for me as a relatively new player back then but I stuck with it.

The last time I saw him live was at the Chicago Theater a few days after the Cubs won the World Series. I saw him live probably a dozen times over the years and he would always pay some kind of tribute to Steve Goodman during the concert. This time, since Goodman was a die hard Cubs fan (and had written/recorded the Go Cubs Go song), they played that and told a lot of stories about him. That was always my favorite part of Prine concerts...the stories.

After that particular concert I got to meet him. It was more of an accidental thing as we were talking with his brother when he just walked up. I'm not, by any stretch, a celebrity worshipper, but this guy wrote and played the soundtrack for a lot of my life and it really was wonderful to meet him. A super nice and gracious man.

Lake Marie
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mkz8TnVQSOQ" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

That’s (to use an overworked word) awesome, and a great story. Thanks Gus. Hope you healed up 100% from your MC wreck.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Move Out Little Mustang.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Dylan wrote it. The Byrds made it their own.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Keepin’ the spirit alive

Hurry back, Will

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1540 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bump. Keep this going guys. GREAT STUFF.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
96 Tears. ? and the Mysterians.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Cat Stevens song. Stewart does a nice job with it.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Townes Van Zandt

I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I quit listening to popular music in the 1950.
flashguy

You have no soul.

I quit around 1980.

Had a friend who said my musical taste died in the late 1970s.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Manfred Mann- Do Wah Diddy Diddy.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post