SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 16
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Blackmore, no Deep Purple post? Wink

I'll step up as Shades of Deep Purple back in the 70's was one of my favorite albums, and who could forget one of their biggest hits early on...

Hush

One More Rainy Day

...and another early hit taken off from the Beatles tune, Help

Long version of Hey Joe in Deep Purple Fashion

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SPWAMike0317:
A classic in my eyes
Lucky Man

Definitely one of my favorite acoustic songs. I spent many an hour playing this accompanied with a few good friends..

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by just1tym:
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
^^^ Blackmore, no Deep Purple post? Wink

I'll step up as Shades of Deep Purple back in the 70's was one of my favorite albums, and who could forget one of their biggest hits early on...

Alright already, here you go Wink

FWIW, my username has nothing to do with Ritchie Big Grin

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
As long as we're going Deep Purple, you can't forget this one:

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
I could go on all day looking back in the hour glass at the 60's and 70's era music. More and more each day as I listen to other members music post, great thread!

And speaking of another great acoustic songs that I spent countless hours playing it and my personal variations accompanied with a friend or two..A truly great song to play and sing along with. Getting the harmonics and bridge/palm mute down on the E at the beginning of the song took a bit but sounded great when I got it just right.

Emerson, Lake, and Palmer..

Regards, Will G.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
As long as we're going Deep Purple, you can't forget this one:
{snip Highway Star}

May be my favorite of DP and in my top ten of all time Rock Songs.
I have have to watch my speed when driving and listening to this song ~ the rife gets going really good . Cool

quote:

Why in the HELL are these guys not in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and other idiots that aren't even ROCK in there?
like that no talent big ass rapper that just got in? Mad
At LEAST they came clean with getting the Doobie Brothers in there ~ an iconic band that still plays.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
A Super Tuesday Trio starting off with the Steve Miller Band from 1976

The Archies, Sugar, Sugar

And finally The Hollies Carousel

This message has been edited. Last edited by: just1tym,

Regards, Will G.

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

quote:

Why in the HELL are these guys not in the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame and other idiots that aren't even ROCK in there?
like that no talent big ass rapper that just got in? Mad
At LEAST they came clean with getting the Doobie Brothers in there ~ an iconic band that still plays.

Couldn't agree with you more. I checked back in the pages of this thread and didn't see this Doobie Brothers song so I'll add it in the mix. Definitely iconic they are!

Regards, Will G.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Yikes! Almost forgot these guys..

And..

Finally..

Regards, Will G.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
There is no better time than twenty or thirty minutes of Get Ready.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Thought this was an interesting comment - from allmusic's commentary on crossover jazz:

With the gradual decline of rock (from an artistic standpoint) starting in the early '70s,...

Speaking of jazz (not crossover)

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/vGEKW-e_Ge8

Link to original video: https://youtu.be/wwyXQn9g40I

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Bringing some ladies in.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Essential (early) Miles. '58 though.

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No question that I veered towards the ear-splitting side of music

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But I also listen to mellower material often (just one example this time):

-MG

Posts: 1932 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Some more ladies.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Another oldie I've always liked

And who can forget Aretha

Regards, Will G.