SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ That reminded me of this:

And Steve Marriott was way under-rated.

And The Real Me is one of the best Who songs and one of my personal favorites.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
The Pusher is a great song! Their best IMHO.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39185 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1359 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4810 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A lot of songs from my yoot here. But kinda lacking on some of the hard stuff, at least with the links and vids that YT and Google haven't already taken down. The first four five below are emblematic and typical of the causual brain rot that I subjected myself to in the 70s. Well, we'll see how long these last before someone at YT's legal department decides 'no bueno, mofo'...

Black Sabbath "Paranoid" (full album)

Rainbow "A Light in the Black"

Judas Priest "Dissident Agressor"

The Clash "The Clash" (full album)

The Jam "The Modern World"

And for that proverbial change in pace, courtesy of freshman year in high school...and Patty.

Earth Wind & Fire "That's the Way of the World"

-MG

Posts: 2188 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4054 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
My favorite part of this one-hit (on the US charts) wonder from the UK is the drummer. Smile @1:26

Posts: 28586 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I was looking around in this long-running thread today and I saw a song from the Youngbloods that Creslin posted, clear back on page 4. I thought of this song. I believe I read one time that Jesse Colin Young wrote it for a guy he went to school with who went to Vietnam, he was trying to imagine what it might feel like for his friend.

This thread is just a few months short of 4 years old.

Pretty good song.

Posts: 13547 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Lisa Dalton sure had a healthy set of sweater puppies. Big Grin

Posts: 20520 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
Lisa Dalton sure had a healthy set of sweater puppies. Big Grin

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TlTKhPkZSJo?si=qQFl2PARwJN23s9e" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I hope they did that in one take. Imagine the chafing Eek

Posts: 3600 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
to the top Smile

posted Hide Post
Good selection so far. Here are a couple of mine to add. I'll leave off the foreign (French & German favorites of mine that are emotional to me).

Van Halen I and II. Blasting on a cassette while waiting 45 mins to fill up the gas tank, with a line around the block - odd/even gas rationing '79 in California. Ah the memories.

2 of my favorites. Still dangerous to play while driving on a freeway.

East Bound and Down - great song in a movie we all have seen.

The movie that destroyed CB radio service. FCC was getting something like 500K license applications a month and FFC just eliminated the license requirement in response. Proof Bureaucracies can be overrun by the people.

Petula Clark - Kiss Me Goodbye, can't play it too often as it takes me back 25 years and I have no more tears to shed, although i still come close.

cut and paste got me again.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

Posts: 1690 | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:

Van Halen I and II. Blasting on a cassette while waiting 45 mins to fill up the gas tank, with a line around the block - odd/even gas rationing '79 in California. Ah the memories.

2 of my favorites. Still dangerous to play while driving on a freeway.

Along with this one

posted Hide Post
Didn't see these posted yet..

Inspired by the great track above from Petula Clark, I remembered this vid from one of her male UK counterparts also circa 1968.

Posts: 3353 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fourth line skater
Picture of goose5
posted Hide Post
The 70's has been thought of as the decade of disco. No way. So much great music came out of that decade. Queen did their best work. 2112 the masterpiece that broke it open for Rush and started a 40 year career. Here's an updated version of an old Yes classic.

Posts: 7646 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: July 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One song...

Well worth the hour...

Posts: 762 | Location: in the PA woods | Registered: March 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Wow, Dissident Aggressor brought back a bunch of memories.

Posts: 5055 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
50 year old recording live in studio version.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17128 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post