SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
"For What It's Worth"- Buffalo Springfield.

Just thinking about Neil Young and Spotify. Buh bye Neil.

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
How about a little 70's Soul Mix

Al Green, Commodores, Smokey Robinson, etc

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Someone I rediscovered in recent years, Laura Nyro is a true, absolute original. She has been a direct influence for people like Joni Mitchell, Elton John and Elvis Costello. In his early career, Todd Rundgren copied her style of writing and singing. Donald Fagan and Walter Becker would listen to her 2nd album non-stop in their dorm room, influencing their sound when they started Steely Dan.

One of the first songs she wrote (age 19) and on her first album (1966). Became a hit for other groups, not for her. And today, she is still largely unknown.

From her 2nd album (1968), my current favorite nowadays.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I was bingeing some Sandy Denny today and decided I should resurrect this thread for TMats. I've always loved her range and inflection on this one.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
A golden age for music and a lot of other things too.
I'm glad I was there to see and hear it.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I was bingeing some Sandy Denny today and decided I should resurrect this thread for TMats. I've always loved her range and inflection on this one.

Thanks, brother; this album is one of my prized possessions

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I realize that I post too much in this thread. Apparently, I can’t help myself. I recently acquired a couple of new guitar pedals that enable me to work on songs like this one. I can’t afford an actual Uni-Vibe pedal (or even the re-creation of it by Shin-ei, but…I can get pretty close with what I’ve got.

Still haunting

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I recently purchased a couple of guitar pedals from TCGAKKI in Japan. The GOAT Distortion Generator and GOAT Stereo Chorus pedal. "More Than A Feeling", and "Peace of Mind" sound awesome using the Rockman influenced pedals! I am waiting for their GOAT Stereo Echo pedal to come out!

Put Boston's first album on that list too!

Posts: 6606 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Lots of videos for the GOAT Distortion Generator; looks very versatile. Couldn’t find anything on that particular chorus pedal.

I’m getting close to Trower’s tone with an analog delay, all 3 knobs set at about 10:00. Signal comes through a compressor pedal and two OD pedals.

Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
The guy in the video is playing through a JC-120. I run mine through my JC-40 and it sounds really good!

Here is a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YB9r9Vv5xDA

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Mandolin Wind” is from Rod Stewart’s 1971 album Every Picture Tells a Story. This is just a really nice live performance of my favorite song from the album on MTV’s “Unplugged” series.

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post

Live versions are too muddied to hear and understand the words

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A little Marianne Faithfull..

https://youtu.be/z98NEVWGi2w

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
If you hear this coming from a warehouse.....

Run....

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this song and performance was already posted. Some of the pages filled with YT links were bogging down and not loading up.

This one's for Lamont Dozier, one more music icon now gone today to the great music hall in the sky. R.I.P., Mr. Motown Sound.

-MG

Posts: 1931 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
originally posted by monoblok:
This one's for Lamont Dozier, one more music icon now gone today to the great music hall in the sky. R.I.P., Mr. Motown Sound.

Well played

Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post