SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lair    Classic songs from the 60's and 70's
Page 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Classic songs from the 60's and 70's Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Back to the early 70s with that Little Ol’ Band from Texas. I saw them a couple of times before Dusty Hill passed, and I’ve always said, “It’s impossible to not have fun at a ZZ Top concert.”

I know BFG and Frank Beard are doing some shows with an old friend who plays bass, I assume it’s still fun.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Barry Manilow had a string of hits in the '70s. I could take or leave most of them, but this one was pretty good, even with the repetitive lyrics.

Pat Benatar is associated more with the 80s and 90s, but this one squeezes in under the deadline and is actually my favorite.

I haven't seen or noticed any disco/dance/funk from the '70s. Some of it was quite good. This one from Donna Summer, I just discovered, is actually in the National Recording Registry. Smile

"Le Freak" is another song in the National Recording Registry. Cool

This message has been edited. Last edited by: egregore,

Posts: 28626 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
I always liked "Little Bit O' Soul" by the Music Explosion.

Posts: 6718 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And now for the song I want to use on my cell phone when answering for voicemail, etc.

Posts: 3377 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In honor of my last entry into the Three Word (Lyric) Problem thread:

Apologies if this has already been posted, but it's bloody hard going through all of those links when they're now so slow in loading.

-MG

Posts: 2203 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I don't know why the classic rock stations in my area play only a few of the songs in this thread. Wink

Posts: 4055 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 20540 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1647 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I don't know why the classic rock stations in my area play only a few of the songs in this thread. Wink
I know. The local one (WQUT) seems to have maybe 30 songs on a continuous loop, or so it seems. The Rolling Stones had dozens of hits, but almost the only one they can find to play is "Sympathy for the Devil." I turn it off or switch stations because two thirds of the song is nothing but "woo-woo."

Posts: 28626 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I posted this one ~3 years ago, but the link has since gone dead, so I'll repost it.

posted Hide Post
Bet you never thought the Osmonds could sound like this...

Posts: 718 | Registered: February 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I put my iTunes on shuffle-all for my daily workout and this is the first song that came up. It’s the first song I ever ever from Stevie Wonder. I loved it then, I still love it now.

Found this great live perf. I feel blessed to have seen them, before the plane crash.

Posts: 13556 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5059 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17145 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I went through the whole thread and was stunned this wasn't here (unless in a dead link). A Geordie and still with us at 83.

This will always be the gold standard version for me. RIP Danny Whitten. I wish they had filmed this Frown

I just found this for TMats. One of only a couple of times Sandy performed Sloth during her brief reunion with Fairport in 1974. There is also an Ebbets Field version on YouTube.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3604 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is a bookend to Buffalo Springfields "For What It's Worth"

[FLASH VIDEO]<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gX_KAXT_60?si=ksCh_KbL5TJIj6Gt" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>[/FLASH VIDEO]

It seems that youtube embed codes just do NOT work for me. Following is the web link to the Beach Boys "Student Demonstration Time". BTW, if someone would post the secret handshake to actually get these codes to work I would appreciate it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gX_KAXT_60

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackmore:
I just found this for TMats. One of only a couple of times Sandy performed Sloth during her brief reunion with Fairport in 1974. There is also an Ebbets Field version on YouTube

Thank you very much. I saw a lot of shows at Ebbets Field, but wiffed on the Fairport Convention show there. I honestly have no recollection that I was even aware that they came. What a shame. Truth be told, in spite of the many great performances I saw there, in reviewing the list of bands and artists who were there, I’m blown away by the many great shows I inexplicably missed.

Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Under the wire—October of 1979

non ducor, duco
Picture of Nickelsig229
posted Hide Post
I had this tune in my head all day today.

First In Last Out

Posts: 4854 | Location: CT | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
That's a good earworm Cool

Nobody like Otis. Cool

Posts: 4815 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post