SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Pistols    P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread)
Page 1 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 89
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

P320 Drop Safety in Question (Formerly DPD Recall thread) Login/Join 
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10-7 leo:
jbourneidentity I could understand your comments above, if SIG intentionally produced a defective product and sent it to market. I would like to see anyone's PROOF of this, not speculation.

SIG produced a pistol that complied with all of the currently accepted test protocols. By total chance, a flaw was discovered by going outside of those procedures.

SIG is addressing this and has said it was planning on incorporating the military changes to future pistols. I'll take them at their word on this, unless you have PROOF that the statement is false. In that case, I would like to see the proof.

Because of the flaw that was discovered, all pistols will be corrected at SIG's expense.

Are all of the bashers going to excoriate EVERY manufacturer, of ANY product, for ANY defects that are discovered completely by chance, by going outside of standard test procedures, as badly as they have SIG in this instance?

What is not speculation is, Sig did not set out to exceed the US Standards for drop testing.
And I don't think you can definitively state what Sig knew, so that is speculation also.

What is for sure, more information will be publicly available as part of the ongoing litigation. I think we'll all know a lot more when a court has seen the "evidence" from both sides. I'll reserve complete judgement until then.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leonidas211:
So I am hesitant to put my information in for the upgrade program.

I would like to hear from Bruce before I do. 2 of my pistols currently have his magic done to them and I would much rather send all five to him (Even if it cost me a bit) to be done.

Bruce, if you are seeing this thread and can comment I would appreciate it. I am sure you have plenty going on so there is no rush.

My thoughts exactly. I have the PELT on my 320c, Bruce did a competition action package on it, and it is one sweet shooter. I've never questioned Bruce on anything that's been discussed in this thread. Met him at a practical fundamentals course I took a couple of years ago and he's a hell of a good guy. He took real good care of me when I had a little issue with the PELT install. Grayguns emailed me earlier to inform me about what was going on and what they were doing concerning this issue so I have no doubt that they will let me know what my options are when the time comes.

Till then I'll go to the Winchester, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all this to blow over. Smile

Posts: 249 | Location: Westchester County NY | Registered: September 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbourneidentity:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
...my faith is shaken to its foundation.
Let me help

Thanks, Para. I appreciate the link. Now, let me help you out with how I used the word, "foundation" in my comment so that you can understand the context. I used the word "foundation" as a noun, so pay particular attention to definition number one. It might help you the next time you decide to publicly deride another long-time Sig Forum member for daring to question Sig Sauer.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/foundation

I've been a member here for several years now, but commented relatively little because of replies like this one from you. I knew when I typed my questions seeking honest answers from the experts here that the brain-washed Sig fanboys would instead come out with their intolerant responses, but I didn't expect it from you. You're more irritated at me for daring to doubt or question Sig Sauer than you are the fact that they've knowingly put a dangerous handgun in the hands of the public for monetary gain. While moderating this thread, I've yet to see you question Sig, their management's response, ethical practices, or what they knew when they knew it about the P320; instead, you're constantly calling down those who do while not calling out those who have stroke in the industry or are Sig apologists. Basically, you're doing damage control for Sig Sauer at the expense of some members here with genuine critical questions about the P320.

I've been a shooter for quarter century; been a firearms instructor for twenty. I've carried Sigs most of the time in my night job. Since it's your forum, you can do as you wish, but you're going to do so without me. I'm sure that my departure doesn't bother you because there'll be someone who takes my place that will tolerate the descent of Sig Forum into the land of Glock Talk or YouTube comments, but I'm tired of the gun community eating their own, and I'm really tired of the excuses being made by experts here for the P320 being a catastrophe. This thread and some of the brand elitists here disgust me.

I've seen some of the most respected people on this forum question everyone but Sig Sauer, and blame everything but the P320, from the police to Omaha Outdoors. I expected more openness from this forum.

So, Para, please remove me from Sig Forum. I'm looking forward to life without it.

I did not think that mature men did this sort of thing. This is what is known as 'YAGE'.

YAGE
Meaning : Yet Another Grand Exit. The YAGE is the dramatic thread or post that someone makes when announcing intentions to stop posting on a forum. A typical YAGE involves both insulting other forum members and the announcement of having better things to do with his/her time than post on that forum. Generally, it's followed by "No! Don't go!" from some and some variety of "good riddance" from others. In almost all cases, the author of the YAGE returns in some form or another.

Example : Did you see Carl's latest YAGE? He'll be back in a week.

Cathy

Posts: 302 | Registered: August 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He can leave anytime he wants. For his sake, I certainly hope he's a better judge of things than he's demonstrated in this thread.

Just more melodrama, to go along with his shaken (not stirred) foundation and his somethingsomething core.

Posts: 107596 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blackwater:
[
What is not speculation is, Sig did not set out to exceed the US Standards for drop testing.
And I don't think you can definitively state what Sig knew, so that is speculation also.

I guess all of this is moot now anyway since Sig is doing the right thing and fixing all the pistols at their expense.

I think what seems odd, or unsettling, or fishy is how quickly this was resolved.

August 7th - Omaha Outdoors releases the video
August 8th - Sig acknowledges the issue, and declares that they already have a fix.

It seems that Sig either got super-super lucky that the adjustment they made to the army trigger HAPPENED to fix the drop safety issue, or they were aware of it before. That said, they may have just been trying to get ahead of bad press. Either way, it is moot.

They now have plenty of time to test, retest and test again the proposed fix. The last thing they could afford is to pull a Samsung with a recall, then a second recall. I hope they spend the adequate time to ensure 250% that their Army trigger really does fix the issue.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackwater
posted Hide Post
Yeah their next moves need to well calculated. I don't think it's outside of the realm of possibility that Sig is not using "recall" language because of the litigation.

I'll admit it's speculation, but it's based on Sig being smart enough to call it a "voluntary upgrade" for that reason.

It also doesn't require in stock guns on dealer's shelves to be sent back for a recall. Something I don't think anyone here has mentioned thus far.

There is a lot more going on here than meets the eye.

They are good business decisions based on the estimated # of returns and fixes they'll have to apply, foot the bill for. It's all calculated on $$ and not necessarily a superior customer experience and that is not speculation. But it's a gamble and could fall apart based on the outcome of that litigation.

Joe

Posts: 2525 | Location: Az | Registered: October 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like a guy had a AD from a P320 last year and nobody believed him. SIG gave the pistol a clean bill of health.

He's taking a well deserved victory lap...

https://pistol-forum.com/showt...afety-issues/page107

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Looks like a guy had a AD from a P320 last year and nobody believed him. SIG gave the pistol a clean bill of health.

He's taking a well deserved victory lap...

https://pistol-forum.com/showt...afety-issues/page107

I wonder if this is one of the 3 or 4 ADs that Sig Acknowledges, or if this one was just ignored as it was dismissed out of hand.

I think this is a great wakeup call to our community. We are always VERY quick to blame literally everything on operator error. Unfortunately, pistols are designed, manufactured, and serviced by humans who make mistakes. Heck over on the high road forum there is a threat where someone's son had an SCCY go off as it sat on a table. https://www.thehighroad.org/in...lf-discharge.824715/

Of course everyone ripped him to shreds initially, but the son was able to reproduce the problem. 10 seconds of internet sleuthing by yours truly found a youtube video of someone talking about how his hammer sticks and will drop randomly on that same model pistol.

I feel bad for Brian Girdler that he was treated the way he was. I suspect if we look back in the history of the P320, we'll find plenty of other incidents of ADs that were immediately dismissed as NDs by the community.

Posts: 331 | Location: OH | Registered: September 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fuimus
posted Hide Post
I used to be part of the Sig Sauer discussion group on Facebook. Many were douchebags. They spent plenty of time bashing Glock.

Posts: 5369 | Location: Ypsilanti Township | Registered: January 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, Para, please remove me from Sig Forum. I'm looking forward to life without it.

No need to get all melodramatic again. Just log off, clear your browser cookies, lose your login credentials, and never return. Good grief.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Just to be sure, put my serial into the recall site, and it came back with:

"It seems your serial number is associated with SIG SAUER product specific to Law Enforcement, Government or International programs. Please refer to the FAQ for more information."

So, indeed no "upgrade" for pistols that shipped with a thumb safety.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got an email from a retailer with a great deal on dig p320s no mention the the upgrade or issues, 450$ for a 9mm compact. Now unsubscribing from the retailer and will never do business with them again

Posts: 661 | Location: The realm of Texas | Registered: February 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

This is not correct. Manual safety guns are eligible for the upgrade. LE guns will taken care of at a later date.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just to be sure, put my serial into the recall site, and it came back with:

"It seems your serial number is associated with SIG SAUER product specific to Law Enforcement, Government or International programs. Please refer to the FAQ for more information."

The FAQ says that serial numbers associated with armed professional purchases, individual officer purchases, or law enforcement, an additional form will be made available in the next few days.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Sorry, forgot the "yet."

I have a MA compliant gun, which I thought might still fall in their "commercial" serial range.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sorry, forgot the "yet."

I have a MA compliant gun, which I thought might still fall in their "commercial" serial range.

I have 2 MA complaint MS guns that are commercial guns. I submitted the serial numbers first thing with success Monday morning. The first one I purchased was part of the first batch that went out to commercial dealers. From what I understand, the reason that Sig released the MS guns was due to the fulfillment of a large LEO contract in Mass. It was rumored, they would not release an MS gun to the commercial market until a large contract was done. Makes sense I guess.

Posts: 535 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: September 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
Grayguns just posted an update: https://grayguns.com/additiona...ary-upgrade-program/
quote:
Grayguns on SIG SAUER’s voluntary upgrade program
August 15, 2017/in Featured /by Bruce Gray

Earlier today, Grayguns sent emails to our customers who may have the Practical Enhanced Leverage Trigger (PELT) for the SIG SAUER® P320 installed in their pistols. We have three categories of valued customers who were sent emails.

Customers who have purchased the curved or straight version of our PELT [ View PDF, 85KB]
Customers who sent their guns in for our P320 Carry Action Package [ View PDF , 85KB]
Customers who sent their guns in for our P320 Competition Action Package [ View PDF , 100KB]

As a convenience to our clients and for those who may have purchased a PELT at the NRA Annual Meeting in Atlanta, we have attached PDF copies of the emails sent. Click on any of the links above to review the emails sent.

Our team – in consultation with our engineering partners at SIG SAUER – is working to develop an alternative design that will be compatible with your upgraded P320 and provide you with the same value you received from Grayguns when you made your original purchase. As this process will take some time to research, develop, and test, we thank you in advance for your patience.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JBird679
posted Hide Post
To summarize the Grayguns PDFs, if you bought just the trigger, or the full Carry Action Package, they recommend you remove your trigger and send your gun to Sig, but if you bought the Competition Action Package they recommend you wait, and contact them first before registering for the voluntary program with Sig.

It's worth reading the full PDFs if you're affected either way.

Posts: 987 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: March 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My last Sig USA products ever. Love my X5s but this whole thing is a hassle. Defiantely disappointed overall. Being in CA I have to jump through so many hoops due to how Sig treats off roster guns.

Posts: 33 | Registered: August 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:

No need to get all melodramatic again. Just log off, clear your browser cookies, lose your login credentials, and never return. Good grief.

"When you have to shoot...Shoot! Don't talk" - Tuco

Posts: 1804 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post